What's your proudest gaming moments?

First thing that comes to mind - FFXI - Artifact Armor version 2 - Assassin Armlets, one of only two items in game that increase a Thief’s Treasure Hunter ability:

Two more FFXI moments:

• Pulling Dynamis Windurst with 22 people (3 BLMs and 1 RNG) and getting the win.

• When the Leaping Boots dropped, 12/25/03. I don’t think I was ever so fired up over something that happened in a game.

Non FFXI:

Finishing NES Contra without dying.

Finishing NES Super Mario Brothers through all 32 levels without getting hit or dying.

Finishing NES Bionic Commando without dying.

I got a patch from Atari for finishing Starmaster and submitting a picture of it.

Finishing Raiders of the Lost Ark for the 2600.

Finishing Impossible Mission for the Commodore 64.

Flipping Space Invaders and Missle Command for the 2600. Do people even know what that means anymore? :hahaha;

I didn’t do any “serious” gaming after the NES until FFXI, and haven’t done any since. Playing WoW now, but the time investment required to be competitive in arena is restrictive for me.

Which one? Because you get your ass kicked quite a lot at first.

Probably a half-acomplisment was the Save Ridley mission, which I have heard rumors is winnable if you manage to get any of your units next to Ridley. Well, in a run that most likely defied most rules of probability, the completely fucking random and nonsensical battle system coupled with a very shitty enemy AI allowed Ridley’s unit to break free from the enemy with no hits and run upwards, while I had Chaco fly down to meet him and everyone else run forward to distract what enemies they could reach (Almost none). I say half-accomplishment because just breaking free is nothing short of a gamble, but then Jowy stepped forward and engaged Ridley. Under normal circumstances, this would have at worst resulted in a single hit which would still leave me enough health to run away.

So OF COURSE the fucker triggered the Charge special which you’d normally see like once in the whole fucking game and one-hit KO’d Ridley.

That’s better than I usually do. When i alst played Suikoden 2, in the Ridley fight, he actually took down four units all by himself. I was so fucking proud of him. But then Luca Blight cornered him, and he was sunk.

The one at the border with the knight kingdom. I really can’t remember names. You get betrayed by the fat guy in the grey armor and are left with the blue and red guys.

That’s pretty impressive then, because if I remember correctly, the mission auto-ended a few turns after they ditched you.

This talk reminds me of how much I loathed that war system. Not that any of the others were perfect, but II’s was so incredibly infuriating. V was the first game that actually got the damn thing right.

I would have been less angry if it had been Luca who killed Ridley because he’s is supposed to be that strong (Nevermind how stupid the “Hurt Luca” war battle is), but this was Jowy for shit’s sake. In that battle which ends if you get a hit on him I usually end it in a single turn and I’ve never seen him do anything semi-relevant, and suddenly he pulls Charge out of his ass in the worst possible moment.

I just got all 100 stray beads in Okami the other day. Mostly the beads aren’t hard to find/obtain. I missed about a third in the first play through, but got the Canine Warriors one. I thought that was the hardest battle in the game. That was until I found out about the devil gates in the Bandit Spider lairs. The first one (Ryoshima Coast) wasn’t too bad, and I had to use some items to complete the second one (North Ryoshima): the 12 Tube Foxes (four at a time) would have been <strike>tough</strike> annoying without a few Inkfinity Stones, and unlike the actual boss Tube Foxes, a Large Exorcism Slip isn’t an instant kill (maybe 1/4 damage).

But the Kamui one: damn! The Bull Chargers and Great Tengus are hard enough one at a time, but 3 at once! I could barely tell what I was doing. Plus the Great Tengus whirlwind attack ignores Karmic Backlash (temp invincibility). Then you’ve got the super-powered version of Waka, double-teaming you, then Evil Rao doing the same thing, then a combination of the two; and they have backups in all three fights. Then three super-powered Nagis at once to finish off. I used more combat and healing items in that final battle than both my playthroughs combined, prior to the Kamui devil gate.

It’s worth it, though, for an accessory that gives you invincibility, unlimited ink, and 10x attack power.