What's wrong with the Canadian Armed Forces

Aside from the fact that it consists of 2 guys in a canoe with 1 bb gun.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080122.wqueen22/BNStory/National/home

I agree with him that the whole Queen thing is retarded, but what really struck me is the fact that he is in Princess Patricia’s Light Infantry. How the HELL are you supposed to take any armed forces seriously with divisions named like that?!

What army?

edit: oh lawl that joke has already been made

This actually ties in nicely with the comment about how Canada is a human rights lovefest

I AM CANADAIN and I agree, our army sucks. Americans. . . . Better. Chinese, BIG!!!

When it comes to joining the military, you generally lose (or rather, give up) certain rights, such as choosing to not salute the monarchy. The issue may not be military protocols and traditions but rather the need (for lack of a better word) for Canada to remain formally tied to Britain.

I bet he wouldn’t have gotten in trouble if he had made the toast in both English and French.

I would like to remind everyone of my comment in my first post, what I really want to underline: the Princess Patricia Light Infantry.

And my rank’s “Gunner” even though I’m a cook. A dangerous Steven Seagal cook.

So, why the Light Infantry for a Princess I’ve never heard of?

As I know nothing yet I’m boredly curious, elighten me: Exactly how tied are Canada and Britain? How much up your ass is the royal sceptre, so to speak.

Even though its a modern army, i can’t help but picturing the Canadian army sending thousands of Imperial Guard into battle, because IG is the first thing i think of when i hear “Light Infantry”

And according to her wiki article, Princess Patricia was “active with her regiment until her death”…i wouldn’t mind my regiment being named after her assuming she was some awesome Nausicaa-esque Battle Princess.

It is an indistinguishable part of Canada’s intimate rectal anatomy.

One of the leading research centres in Toronto is the Princess Margaret Hospital

Edit: Not to mention how in Ottawa the street are named Prince of Wales etc.

They are actually one of the most distinguished units in Canadian military history, despite the name. :wink:

The biggest problem with our armed forces is size. It’s too small for our purposes, and only a fraction of what it was just after world war two (we had the third largest navy and fourth largest air force in the world), but it is very well trained and equipped.

what really struck me is the fact that he is in Princess Patricia’s Light Infantry. How the HELL are you supposed to take any armed forces seriously with divisions named like that?!

Yeah, no one has ever fought over a girl or anything.

I don’t think Princess Patricia’s Light Infantry are really fighting over Princess Patricia >_>

I thought Prince Patricia was better before your edit. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I’m not sure if that was a typo or a freudian slip.

It’s actually not well equipped- training I can not vouch for.

The problem with the armed forces is that we even have them.

:kissy:

He must’ve forgotten Helen’s Hoplite Division, Phaedra’s Fifth Phalanx and Ophelia’s Artillery Squad.

The queen of England is the head-of-state for Canada? When did this happen?

Originally Posted by Eden99
[i]The problem with the armed forces is that we even have them.

:kissy:[/i]

Well you guys do need somebody to keep those damn yanks off your lawn.