What's the buzz, gaming cuzz?

Yeah, yeah. So there’s this big election between these two near-identical blah blah fate of the world hanging in the balance. At this point I just couldn’t care less since EVERYBODY’S talking about it.

But despite all the samey doom and gloom there are things going on in the gaming world too. Summer’s over, TGS is within the next week and a half, and there’s so much going on in between that it’s becoming near impossible to keep up. Like for instance did you know that the DS has just received its second upgrade?

To get straight to the point I’m making one new thread where we can post our discoveries over the next couple of weeks to address all the issues big and small rather than creating new threads for every little thing or necroing a bunch of old ones for updates like the Chrono Trigger DS thread.

(nts, try to insert edits in a more timely manner)

So any juicy gossip?

DSi

Wait what’s up with another upgrade to the DS?

Link it, dammit. Sounds good, but I don’t think I’ll be an early adopter.

Also, Fallout 3. I wonder what its reqs will be.

Do not care about the DSi. Doesn’t sound like it has anything I’d actually want.

I’m hyped about the following in the next few months:
Star Ocean 1 and 2 (PSP)
Castlevania (DS)
Dissidia
Chrono Trigger (DS)

And further down the line
Kingdom Hearts (DS AND PSP)
Star Ocean 4 (might actually convince me to break down and buy an XBox360)
Valkyrie Profile (DS)

I’m waiting for Chrono Trigger DS and hoping there will be a packaged deal with a DS unit. I’ll also get The World Ends With You at the same time.

See what happens when I sleep? I go to bed, wake up, and there’s a new DS model.

Anyways, that had been rumored for a few weeks and looks like most of what people were saying is true. I personally don’t care much for it since it lacks the GBA slot. (I got lots of GBA games!)

Also, I’ve seen where they’re re-releasing some old GameCube games to put on Wii.
This includes:
Chibi-Robo
Pikmin
Metroid Prime 1 & 2
and a few others.

Dunno if they’re gonna rework them for Wii controls or not.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170320

See this is what I’m talking about! Not more than 14 hours later and we get deluged with announcements like a new Punch-Out game, a new Mario and Luigi, and even a new Sin and Punishment game. 0_o

I think I speak for everyone when I say…HOLY SHIT!!!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170306

This gives a more complete list of games. A new Tales game? A new Trace Memory game? And so on!?

I’m speechless.

For PS 3 owners Little Big Planet should be a blast.

That Star Wars Apprentice game is way sweet. It’s also cool because it’s one of the first steps in a collaborative effort to actually have movies, videogames, and books from the StarWars realm coincide.
Oh, and Castle Crashers is worth every penny/gamepoint

I’m coming from the other thread to jump up and down in glee over the new Mario & Luigi.

Let’s see…two other games I’ve been looking at.

First is something known as RIZ-ZOAWD which is supposed to be an RPG based on the Wizard of Oz. Look on Youtube for vids. Seems pretty interesting, but haven’t heard much on it so far.

Second game is Avalon Code which an interesting RPG where you can change everything around you using a magic book. Basically, the world’s gonna get destroyed and you obtain a book to choose what you want to save. Pretty cool concept. And you can change the stats of enemies, weapons, items, etc. through this book. Look it up sometime.

You forgot to mention that in Avalon Code you have the power to launch enemies into outerspace.

Also some new details on Deus Ex 3 here.

Also also Shining Force II appearing on a VC near you.

And with this I nominate LittleBigPlanet for game of the year. Seriously this game just keeps getting cooler and cooler. Too bad I don’t have a PS3 right now. :frowning:

I’m still waiting for the semester to finish so I can go out and buy some DS games… including that squenix game everyone here goes on about. It does look pretty interesting. Different at least.

Also I’m waiting for Fall-Out 3… so one of my friends can buy it and I can play it. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two and liked Tactics, so I’d say three would have to be pretty damn bad for me to not like it.

The coming months will be huge for FPS games:

Dead Space
Fallout 3
Gears of War 2
Left 4 Dead
Mirror’s edge

Other games:
Castlevania Order of Ecclesia for DS (Woo!)
Chrono Trigger DS.

Tales of Symphonia 2 worries me because they had to make cuts. Tales of Vesperia was one of the best classical RPGs I’ve played in many many years so the bar for a tales games is now set very high. The fact they cut out the OVERWORLD from ToS2 does not inspire confidence in the level of polish or quality to expect from it.

Last Remnant could be bad, could be good. After the horrible disaster which was Infinite Undiscovery, I’m not holding my breath.

The only interesting game coming for PS3 is LittleBigPlanet and I’m not too hyped about it as it stands. I’m not the kind of person who likes having to create content to play on it.

The rest of the release list for the next 6 months barring the flood of titles in the upcoming 2 months is pretty bleak with the potential exception of Halo Wars in January but an RTS on the console is …ergh. My expectations are low.

On the MMO front: WAR just came out, WoW’ 2nd exp is coming out (this is going to be HUGE) and a KotoR MMO is probably going to be announced soon. Hopefully it won’t be as suicide inducing as SWG (seriously, one of the devs killed himself).

The DSi is a joke. Its a more expensive GBA-less DS with a shitty camera. Unless you can play virtual console games on it, really not interested.
In terms of gaming buzz, the 360 has outsold the ps3 for WEEKS in Japan.

Holy crap, how has Fable 2 escaped the notice of this thread? The one game that has me pissing my pants more than any else, it’s shaping up to be astonishingly awesome, and is out at the end of the month. :slight_smile:

Because Fable 1 was massively overhyped and Peter Molyneux is a used car salesman?

I agree with pretty much everything that’s been said about the DSi…the only thing I can add to the pile is, I’ll BET that developers will start making games that take advantage of specific new features on the DSi somehow. That will piss me off, I still have my super old DS from back before DS Lite was even announced. And I like it that way.

A new Trace Memory game sounds cool, as long as it’s MORE like Trace Memory and LESS like Hotel Dusk. Or, maybe they can keep the really good dialogue of Hotel Dusk, but make a GAME to go with it. :confused:

I don’t care about the Wii, but hearing that Chibi Robo is gonna be remade is awesome. Chibi Robo is like, the best purchase I’ve made for my Gamecube, easily.

The biggest titles I’m looking forward to are Order of Ecclesia and The Last Remnant. So, thankfully, it sounds like I won’t be spending much money this semester. I’ll probably get Chrono Trigger DS, and I might get Fallout 3. I’d be more interested, but I never really liked anything I saw of the Elder Scrolls games…so it’s kind of a turn-off. I really enjoyed what little I played of the first Fallout though, so I’m torn.

I think something just died inside me.

I’d say it’s more of an RPG in league with Morrowind than an FPS.