What's the buzz, gaming cuzz?

I look at screenshots. I see first person. I see a gun. I’ve never played the damn thing :P.

Fallout is an interesting type of game. It takes the customisation, depth and non-linear method (while still having a prominant plot) found in most video game RPGs and even table tops (in terms of VG I’m thinking Icewindale, morrowind, stuff like that), but twists the theme.

The whole theme and aesthetic of the story is a post-apocalyptic United States. The first two are very involving games and really something for the time they came out in. If you have the spare time and can find them (probably download now a days) I’d recommend at least trying them out for an hour. There is a lot of humour that is retro-edged ala 1950’s duck and cover videos as well which gives a lot of character to the game’s dialogue and style.

The new one will not be a typical FPS… there will be an in depth story (I’m guessing) with loads of customisation and interaction. Think of Morrowind or Oblivion but take it to a post-apocalyptic USA. Of course I may be wrong and they might have gone in a more shooter direction, but it’s nothing like Call of Duty or Counter-Strike.

Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday

now for PSP and most likely coming to the US.

fanfare and confetti!!!

Star Ocean 4 is headed for NA on March 3.

And there’s this expansion to Halo 3 coming out called Halo 3: Recon. Has a new hero and campaign and is supposed to be a prologue. (No Master Chief?)

Also, anyone seen the screens of the new Prince of Persia game? Looks pretty cool.

EDIT: My bad about the Halo game. Bad info where I got it from. Forgot it came before 3, not after.

Recon takes place before the Master Chief returns to Earth, between games 2 and 3.

I put down some money on The Last Remnant the other day, so I have high hopes. That and I might get Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3. Valve is also updating the Xbox 360 version of The Orange Box/TF2 and I am definitely looking forward to that.

There were fewer surprises at TGS this year than I hoped. And of those surprises the biggest were Halo: Recon and No More Heroes II. My level of anticipation for the Last Remnant and White Knight Story has risen though.

The only piece of news that caught my interest today is that NA has just received SoM on the VC. Nice, but I’m still waiting for SD3 (so I can finally play it’s multiplayer).

Here’s the trailer for the new Spider-Man game, Web of Shadows:

Now I don’t really play a lot of Spider-Man games, and the last few haven’t really been that great (or so I hear), but regardless of whether this game lives up to the trailer (I personally doubt it), it’s still pretty cool looking. Makes me think Separation Anxiety II.