What would you think of a Simpsons/FF8 crossover fic?

. . .

I say crossovers of any kind are bad unless the two worlds are extremely similar in nature and the author is good, but that’s just me.

I have also problems seeing it working out smoothly, but I’ll leave the judgement for when I see it. You could of course add it in the crazy crossover contest :slight_smile:

Which is pretty much defunct, but it’d be interesting to see.

It’d depend on how you did it. If it were just “OMG Bart fallz in2 Balamb garden lol” then it’s gonna be really hard to keep that joke going throughout the fic… Kang and Kodos taking on Squall & co, though… that could be good. :smiley: Every fanfic idea, no matter how nutty, has the potential to be great- and I’m looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

(Incidentally, and this should surprise no one, I was considering doing a very similar thing recently, only crossing FF8 over with Dr. Who :wink:

I’m a bit skeptical that such a thing would work, but if you’re willing to put the time into writing it, I’ll surely take a look.

Any crossover can be good, if the writer doesn’t get all of his/her examples of “good” fanfiction from FF.net. Still, a Simpsons/FF8 crossover would be very difficult, even for the most experienced writier, to pull off successfully.

Not as hard as a startrek/animaniacs/simpsons/dnd/planetes/ababystory/babygeniuses multicrossover.

Baby Geniuses alone makes it a bad idea.

Those wouldn’t fit too well together. It’d be screwed up more than anything. I mean, picture Lisa falling for Squall and Irvine hitting on Marge. Its just not right. :stuck_out_tongue:

I once read a Simpsons/FFVII Crossover, so I guess it is possible.

I was just gonna mention that. I think we read the same story. :slight_smile:

. . .

CrackAnne, I just read that, and to be honest, I have a serious sense of unease here…

looks at story and faints.

I haven’t read the story so I’m making this comment purely on the concept of a Simpsons/FFVIII crossover:

It must die. Some things are not meant to be.

I’ve read the story, and TBH, I’m not filled with exceitement… the casting of Irvine as Millhouse does seem to have potential, but if I were you I’d nip this one in the bud, and quickly. :expressionless:

I’m sorry Anne, but it doesn’t look so good as others already have said. It’s not that you’re a bad writer; you have a lot of potential. But this combination just doesn’t work out :confused:

I hope you weren’t expecting praise or anything like that for a piece you wrote in ten minutes…

It really shows that you only spent ten minutes working on that. Trying to do a crossover between such different styles would take much more work than this to come out nicely. The saying “Fools rush in where angels fear to tread” comes to mind. This just looks like something that was not meant to be.