What would you think of a Simpsons/FF8 crossover fic?

I wouldn’t say it was written in 10 minutes, but it seems that not a lot of thought was put into it. But the premise, as is, doesnt’ strike my fancy. Not saying it couldn’t be done, but you may wish to rethink what you’re doing.

Um, guys, that’s NOT a story, it’s a prologue and a character list. You can hardly judge her work from it.

And I’ve seen much, MUCH worse stuff online- we all have. So let’s wait for a more meaningful chapter.

Besides, ANYTHING combined with Simpsons has to be a parody… that’s the whole point. And people are ALWAYS critizicing FF8. So, a Simpsons parody of it is not THAT crazy an idea…

THere is much worse but still. omg wtf I’m suddenly fat.

And what I’m saying is that by reading jsut that, I have a serious sense of unease about it.

I think that sense of unease is caused by the overabundance of ellipses, random tildes, spelling/punctuation mistakes and the reliance on the fact that the reader knows both the FFVIII and Simpsons world extensively and would know what the hell the author was talking about.

Ah, so you reckon I should ditch it? THANK YOU! I am saved!

I reckon you should write stuff you like any way you like. We write to express ourselves. Sure, we can try to please others, but remember, there is no certainty of that- no matter how good our stuff is.

I like the Simpsons just as much as anyone else would. Though I’m not a fiction expert, I am a Simpsons expert, and I’m feelin’ a little iffy on that crossover idea. FF is too serious and lovey-dovey while the Simpsons are in a league of their own. Besides, half of the humor in the Simpsons is either on Homer’s stupidity or something with a hidden message. Also trying to tie in the personalities of FF characters with Simpsons characters would be a bitch. I admire your ambition, but I’m gonna have to put a negatory on that idea. Family Guy is also out of the question.

Family Guy is also out of the question.

There goes my humor piece about Stewie taking over Garden… Wayward did a picture for me of Squall and Rinoa with baby Stewie as a joke… :slight_smile: Can you not see Stewie as Seifer’s newphew?

Well…this does leave the door open for Squall meets Sponge Bob… and puts him in the blender… okay, I need sleep. :boring: