What musical instrument should I take up?

Learning to play the didgerido well enough for it to sound good would take a long time. A lot of traditional instruments outside of the norm can take years and often lifetimes to master.

I still stick by my recommendation of saxophone. Trombone isn’t bad either, same with banjo. Those are instruments that are probably easiest to learn in terms of skill level needed and resources available to teach you. Good luck with the hurdy gurdy if you choose that, those are quite beastly to manage I’ve heard.

asdf

//youtu.be/GaoLU6zKaws
[/QUOTE]

blow my wood

tongue my reed

…You actually have to ask? Wow. :V

Ok, so I found an instrument which you could already be playing tomorrow if you had one!

If you’re not a fan of the saw… why not try play a Harp! I’ve always figured those to be more difficult to play then they seem!

Anyway… this kid can play it.

Beat-box or sing. You don’t have to buy anything if you choose either one.

Fucking lex beat me to it.

Fucking lex beat you to ignoring the point of this thread. MUSICAL INSTRUMENT.

Well, the throat can be an interesting instrument:

//youtu.be/VTCJ5hedcVA

You might want to get a rubber band together to play with as well.

I thought you guys, a bunch of nerds, would be able to come up with some awesome obscure musical instruments. But you’re just being retarded.

Appalachian Dulcimer, fucker. YOU CAN MAKE ONE OUT OF CARDBOARD!

Don’t know what you’re talking about, man. Saxophone, banjo, hurdy gurdy, etc are all fine recommendations. If you really want “awesome obscure musical instruments” why don’t you just google it yourself? This is a video game forum, not a music forum. If you are actually serious (which is doubtful) I would recommend asking the same question on forums dedicated to musical instruments. That’s what I do, rather than waste my own and everyone else’s time here.

Cuz this is supposed to be a cool kind of contest for you guys. You guys get to choose which one I learn, and you get rewarded like a year from now. But this thread was actually just supposed to a filler between last and next best thread agora has ever seen.

Charle, I got it. You should learn to play the skin flute. It’s the perfect instrument for you. :slight_smile:

Yuck.

See what happens when you try to do something stupid for the good of everyone else, Charle? They always miss the fucking point. Nobody understands contests anymore. Also, I just wanted to know what you sound like.

Charlie, if the hurdy gurdy wasn’t obscure enough for you, then you must know every instrument that there is. Why don’t you make it like future man and create a new one, just so that you can be the only player for that instrument in the world? I know I would love to come up with something like his RoyEl.

Jesus H Christ. This wasn’t a contest to see who could pick the most obscure musical instrument there is. This was supposed to be like YOU GUYS decide what I learn to play. Then I learn it. Then I post it. Fuck.