What makes you nerd out?

Because you will die, so you have to prioritise*. Art is long, life is short, as Hippocrates’d have said.

*take this with a seaload of salt though. One’s time, one’s choices.

At least with power he wouldn’t care too much whom he would piss off. ::dekar!::
He also managed to kill Achilles, which is quite a feat even with his bad PR.

I forgot one more - Alton Brown makes me nerd out. He’s #6 in my Five.

Well there are only a couple of things that really make me nerd out. The first being video games, which given my continued stay around here for so long, I doubt is much of a surprise. Considering the original nature of this place.

The second big thing that makes me nerd out is anime and manga. I am very obssessed with it, and if someone gets me talking about one of the series I follow quite regularly, or have seen all of, or really like, I can get quite argumentative. Especially if I feel they have misinterupted something, or haven’t got something quite obvious. Which on this one other forum (dedicated to manga) I go on, happens more often than you’d think.

Music.

Discussions of game audio.

8-bit music.

New 8-bit music.

Discussion about new 8-bit music.

Talking jazz.

Telling WSG and AB war-stories with other people who appreciate the lower level tiers of WoW.

You use T-Mobile?

Why, what’s wrong with T-mobile?

Nothing is wrong with T-Mobile, I might actually switch to them. The 984 is just being an incredible dork. I guess that fits in this thread. :slight_smile:

The Obsessive Study of Athletics Aesthetics.

… and NOW he’s crossed the line.

Vicki doesn’t Get It™.

In all honesty, I really don’t. That’s pretty nerdy even for a gaming site. :smiley:

I don’t really nerd out. I’m more “freak” than “geek”… obessive more in the truly crazy, unhinged way…

awkward silence

Anime.

D&D:izing popular francises. Learning spell/attack/whatever cartoon happens to catch my attention at the moment choreograpies by heart. Cooking. Guitar Hero. Euro Disco. Noticing a historical fact or other topic that has spawned a pop culture reference.

For me, animation. I want to be an animator, sooo yeah. I’ll be watching a movie and end up being the only one paying attention to the animation in it, it’s pretty funny. (“Oh wow, look how smooth that animation is!” “I don’t really care.”)

Also music, I listen to it almost all the time, and I’m always looking for new stuff. I get a lot of my ideas for stories and drawings from songs, actually.

I write epic poems of hundreds of lines about message board posters, play In the Groove four years after it was cool, and am listening to The Silent Beyond, by Nobuo Uematsu.

I “nerd out” over everything Neil Gaiman has done, as well as Lucasarts adventure games.

The product of this gave me a nerdrection.

Star Wars, Star Trek, Technical Drawings, Comicbooks, Cartoons, Anime, Role Playing Games, Video Games with an interesting Visual Appeal, Video Game Music, Piano Sheet Music, Complicated Machinery, Tools - actually let’s up this to everything in Home Depot, Radio DJ booths.

Oh GODS yes. Lucasarts adventure games. <3

For years I have assumed that your name implied that you liked to poke people.

I used to nerd out about the economy on gaia online, but then I quit playing so now I am limited to talking about weak and strong shoujo characters. That or I explain why exactly a slash pairing is okay.

When not doing that I prefer chattering away about why math is amazing and why kids should pay more attention to it in school.