what Final Fantasy would be cool to make a movie of?

Damn i ask lotsa questions (i’m very curious to know what others think):noway: I think FF8 would make a cool movie!

yea, maybe, but i’d like to see how FF4 would be in a movie

yea most of them would be good i can see Chrono trigger the movie!:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Griever2k2
Damn i ask lotsa questions
That contrasts very nicely with your sig.

FF10 would make a fair movie. They would hardly have to change it at all. :slight_smile:

I know i thought of it because i always ask lots of questions.
You gota point bout FFX

FFX would be OK, but I’d kinda like to see one of the more “fantasy” ones made into a movie so, as much as I dislike the game itself, I’m leaning toward FFIX right now. :hmm:

The games are too big to make into movies without hacking up the storyline to bits. I’d make a miniseries about any of them though, and maybe add stuff to the storyline, just to make parts of it more clear.

Originally posted by Dragonessa
The games are too big to make into movies without hacking up the storyline to bits. I’d make a miniseries about any of them though, and maybe add stuff to the storyline, just to make parts of it more clear.

me daughter has a good idea, movies are too limiting. Mini-series would be better, definitely.

You could easily make a movie or an OAV out of FFT. Actually if you made an OAV you might have to make up stuff to fill it out.

As for a live action movie… R_R

lets just avoid that

FF7 would make the best movie…it’s just sooo powerful (to me anyways!) and there was hardly any closure at the end…which is usually how movies are made…the ends can be left to the imagination.

The evil pyscotic long haired swordsman…faces off against a band of entirely different people, who are spun around in their battle to save the world because their leader might be the evil psycotic long haired swordsman knock off…yes very intruiging:D

I agree with the mini series…that would be even better.

They shouldn’t make a movie based on a Final Fantasy game, but a movie based on Final Fantasy with the usual crossovers and stuff, like Cids, Chocobo’s, Moogles, Airships and Malboro’s. Rather than the Sci-Fi crap we got last time.

You could get a really good film Trilogy out of Final Fantasy VI. It’s too long a story for one 90-120 minute flick though. Or even a three hour one.

Final Fantasy 8 I always have felt lends itself well to spawing one of those weekend afternoon hour long action dramas with B-line stars in them (Relic Hunter, Renegade, The Lost World, etc.)

The last time this topic came up people were saying that Jim Carey would make a good Kefka. :o

If there WAS an FF movie, i’d HAVE to be a miniseries. I think 7 or 8 would be good miniseries.
I think FF:TSW is like Brittney Spears:Nice to look at, but otherwise not worth your time.

FF aside, an RPG which I think would make a great movie would be Parasite Eve.:slight_smile:

Originally posted by GG Crono 4
FF aside, an RPG which I think would make a great movie would be Parasite Eve.:slight_smile:

Hell yeah and damn straight! PE ROCKED!

They shouldnt make movies out of Final Fantasy games, they would suck ass. Too much of the game is mindless fighting, that while they might make a decent movie, it wouldn’t be good to call it a Final Fantasy movie, because if it was just 2-3 hours of fighting, then you miss the entire game. And you can’t have a Final Fantasy movie based on a game without fighting and stuff, it simply wouldn’t make sense.

I don’t know. You could probably make FF7 into a trilogy of movies. Like I was thinking that the first movie would be entirely in Midgar when the ending climax would be them escaping in the motorcycle chase and then they would spend the credits climbing out of Midgar and preparing to go to Kalm town. I know that would stretch out the rest of the game into two other movies. But you could probably a whole movie of just the part that they are in Midgar.

Nah, FF7 would be best as a mini-series in the same format as “Taken”- several feature-length parts, or if it has to be movies, I reckon a tetralogy (a woefully underused word :wink: ) would be best :slight_smile:

a) Apparently Parasite Eve was a movie in Japan. But I don’t think it was supposed to be very good.

b) FF Tactics is by far the best thing for a live-action movie (as long as it has a fairly big budget for the special effects). :sunglasses: Let’s face it, the characters are far more real, as are the situations they find themselves in. And they wouldn’t really have to build any huge-ass sets, either.

Other than that, I don’t think FF6 would actually make such a good movie any more. It was groundbreaking when it came out, but the story seems a bit dated and cliched when compared to contemporary stories and movies. In fact, I’m hard-pressed to think of any RPG that’d make a good movie other than Xenosaga, which already is one. 8p

Originally posted by Cidolfas
other than Xenosaga, which already is one. 8p
Grr, I was going to say that, but you beat me to it. Damn you Cid, it’s all your fault!

Originally posted by Evangelion
[b]FF7 would make the best movie…it’s just sooo powerful (to me anyways!) and there was hardly any closure at the end…which is usually how movies are made…the ends can be left to the imagination.

The evil pyscotic long haired swordsman…faces off against a band of entirely different people, who are spun around in their battle to save the world because their leader might be the evil psycotic long haired swordsman knock off…yes very intruiging:D

I agree with the mini series…that would be even better. [/b]

And finding real life versions of Vincent, Sephiroth and Cloud would CERTAINLY cheer me up! :slight_smile: