What are you afraid of?

Originally posted by UF-Jabricruds
Afraid that this thread will close.

I really wonder about you sometimes, Jabricruds.

I know. But the squid have the tentacles swinging all over the place, and their mouth is scary too.

I’m not scared of death. I am however, scared of the many gruesome ways in which you can die.

Originally posted by Ramza
I know. But the squid have the tentacles swinging all over the place, and their mouth is scary too.

Oh, that…

Check this out:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/2661691.stm

I’m afraid of who’s running in the 2004 presidential election.

I’m not afraid of anything really.

I’m semi afraid of spiders, more of a hightened alertness when around them than an actual phobia though.

I’m kinda afraid of wasps and their kin, and I have a MAJOR phobia of needles. Like the kind a doctor sticks in you, I mean.

I don’t want to say that there isn’t anything I fear; but let’s say I’ve encountered nothing that I would fear yet :stuck_out_tongue: The only thing worth fearing for me is the fear itself, that there is something I DO fear and don’t know yet and when I encounter it it will stun me :moogle:

But no, I can’t think of anything angsty right now.

needles… I’m very afraid of those too >_<

I’m afraid of who’s running in the 2004 presidential election.

I’m scared of that too. I hope us Democrats get a good canidate to run for President to take and throw Bush out. >_<

Heights(airplanes excluded), clowns, roaches, and any insect that can sting me.

I’m frickin’ pathetic.

I’m afraid of Spiders and strong, strong thunderstorms, needles… ;_; those scare the living daylights outta me…

i’m afraid of this chick who is trying to steal my boyfriend.she is nasty saying that he only pretends to like me because she told him to

What am I afraid of? Quite a bit, actually.

I have a natural tendancy toward paranoia. Tends to manifest in the form of the fear of being proved incompetent or being set up (there’s the paranoia) to be seen as incompetent in a large social setting, and subsequent humiliation.

And flying. I am very afraid of flying. I was very nearly over it. Then 9/11 happened. Pretty much set me back to the starting point there. heh. :smiley:

Snakes, why does it have to be snakes…

Scorpions make me twitch as well, not as badly though. Otherwise, whatever it is, bring it. Oblivion better not have snakes though.

Vacuum cleaners that go crazy.

Right…let me tell you a little story.

'Bout four or five years ago I was cleaning my room one night. The vacuum is plugged in by the door, and I’m using it on the other side of the bed. I smell smoke. The light on the vacuum brightens considerably (maybe there was a power surge?) and the whole machine starts working on more power - it got really loud. Something about the tone screwed with my head and I just lost it. For those who haven’t experienced the unreasonable actions taken in terror (like they always try to show in the movies), it is an interesting experience. First, I had no control over my actions - all my movements were adrenaline-augmented reflexes. Second, I was not consciously thinking. Third, I was screaming at the top of my lungs and couldn’t stop.

So…as soon as the vacuum started operating overpowered, overcome by terror I could not think straight so I didn’t hit the power switch. In the grip of irrational adrenaline, I launched myself backwards over the bed, hitting the wall near the door with my head (opening a hole which later required some spackling to fill in). Then I ran away.

Also, in terms of normal fear, I am afraid of sickness/viruses, but only in respect to things that may cause stomach pain. God damn, I hate nausea.

I’m afraid I’ll just have to get you in your sleep. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Originally posted by Zero
[b]Snakes, why does it have to be snakes…

Scorpions make me twitch as well, not as badly though. Otherwise, whatever it is, bring it. Oblivion better not have snakes though. [/b]

What if they’re some of those baby snakes that aren’t any danger whatsoever?

Flyig bugs. Little bastards. And heights.

oh yeah… I forgot to mention that I’m scared of Bullfrogs. Was fishing one time and a Bullfrog jumped out of nowhere and stuck it’s tounge to my pole. Man I hate those things.