What a great way to start off the christmas break

I got my wisdom teeth taken out last friday. It had to be done one day, so I guess it’s good that I got it over with. The actual operation itself wasn’t too bad, cause I was under some anesthetic and they froze the area. It was kinda cool cause it made half an hour seem like 5 minutes… 5 very relaxing minutes. :stuck_out_tongue:
The worst part was afterwards, when my mouth wouldn’t stop bleeding. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m not disgusted by blood, it was more annoying than anything because I couldn’t really sleep without covering my bed in blood. But that stopped the next day.
I see I didn’t miss much, although I didn’t expect there to be anything eventfull anyways, cause it’s just a forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

Who are you again?

I had mine pulled out today, and yeah, it isn’t very fun. I don’t have the problems your having though, actualy the only thing that was annoying was the numbness of my mouth, and the fact i couldn’t eat anything that wasn’t ice cream like.

Heh, they knocked me out with an IV. I noticed things were kind of dizzy, and then next thing I new it I had cotton in my mouth and 4 less teeth.

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
Who are you again?

He’s been around a lot longer than you. Silence, fool.

I’ve been to the dentist about my wisdom teeth. He said that they don’t need to be taken out. All my teeth are perfect. Its pretty creepy.

Blood is pretty cool though… unless you’re covered in it. Then its sticky.

Psh! Fine…steals Gila’s shoes

EDIT: Woot. 777 posts. And yes I know it’s pointless to count that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by ahkeeyuu
Who are you again?

lmao. You don’t care enough to know who I am, but then again, I don’t care enough to know who you are, so I guess it works out in the end, doesn’t it? But then again, you obviously care somewhat, cause you wasted your time posting in my thread.

The thing about the blood is that it was blood mixed with saliva, so it was all gooey and in excess. And the swelling is fairly annoying, aswell as the fact that I can’t brush my teeth… or all of them atleast.

*edit:hahaha, Jokes on you, I don’t have shoes!

Originally posted by Cybercompost
I’ve been to the dentist about my wisdom teeth. He said that they don’t need to be taken out. All my teeth are perfect. Its pretty creepy.

Freak. Nobody has perfect wisdom teeth.

That’s great to know, Gila. :stuck_out_tongue: Gooey and in excess blood mixed with saliva… hmmm. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cybercompost
I’ve been to the dentist about my wisdom teeth. He said that they don’t need to be taken out. All my teeth are perfect.

My dentist said that too, but replace “perfect teeth” by “quality teeth”. Woo, freaks. :stuck_out_tongue:

I also had mine out about 9-10 days ago (friday to be specific). Quite painless for me, no bleeding involved, since they used stitches. Which fell out later on, as they were supposed to. Though on wednesday or so, it got a bit painful. But it passed, and now I’m fine.

Wow, it seems removing teeth is quite popular now a days. :stuck_out_tongue:

And that’s good to know you have quality teeth, Walhalla. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Cala

False, some people are born without them, I’d say thats pretty perfect

My begining of winter vacation sucked.
I bashed my head against a glass door putting a gash in my head.

Dipshit :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve yet to get my wisdom teeth grown IN, let alone be ripped out :stuck_out_tongue:
From what I remember, only two of them are forming.

I haven’t had any signs of wisdom teeth yet… and I kinda hope I never do. doesn’t want her mouth to bleed to death

I have 3 wisdom teeth. Hopefully I won’t have to have the bottom one taken out. The other two are fine.

I guess I’m lucky that I don’t have any wisdom teeth. The chemo and radiation I had to treat my brain tumor screwed them up I guess. Although, because of the same reason, a lot of my teeth are deformed. I even still have some baby teeth I have to get removed.

my tweeth are normal. Soem are okay, others aren’t.

And I started this very break off with one helluva bad flu. I want to die.

My wisdom teeth were pulled when I was seventeen (that was in 1997) and it was not pleasant. I am glad that I opted for general anaesthetic during the surgery. I also made sure that the date for the surgery was far from any major holiday or important event.

As for Yuletide unpleasantries, I burnt part of my mouth rather badly on a hot jalapeno cheese (i.e. of high temperature, not piquancy) croquette at a soirée which a friend of mine hosted last Friday. Eating is still unpleasant, although the pain is gradually fading.

Originally posted by Cala

I didn’t have to get em removed, so technically I have perfect “wisdom teeth”. YAY! I don’t have perfect “teeth” though, I wore braces in early HS (middle school US equivalent).

oh man, my wisdom teeth are as big as piano keys, and the stick through the top of my head.