What a good thing for veteran's day!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1082485,00.html

And to think that the administration was making all this fuss about people who risked their lives every (eg cops and the armed forced) were “heroes” and how people should “support the troops” as an excuse to get people to indirectly support the war (I’m still amazed at how well people bit into that, that was spectacular). On top of it, the administration also slashed veterans benefits a few months ago. Woo.

Okay, that’s it. I’d baeen staying out of politics as much as possible, hoping that it would somehow end up alright, but now, I face the truth: Bush is a motherfucking dumbass.

Someone very powerful should be forced to answer for that, if that happens to the vets of Gulf War 2003 in 12 years time, I really hope they grab all the propaganda that’s going around now and ram it up the then-president’s arse :hyperven:

Just one semi-related side note you may find interesting- www.google.co.uk has put up a ring of poppies to commemorate today, but www.google.com has not… dunno what that says, just interesting

Yes, Bush has gone too far this time.

My GOD, just when I think Bush can’t do anything more idiotic than he’s already done, this happens. I doubt Bush has even considered for more than two moments that these people were tortured while fighting for their country. Now he’s not giving them their payouts? This has gone WAY too far.

Originally posted by Neb

Just one semi-related side note you may find interesting- www.google.co.uk has put up a ring of poppies to commemorate today, but www.google.com has not… dunno what that says, just interesting

I think that’s because the whole poppies thing is only with the UK and the common wealth, because they were in some particular battle, and the Americans weren’t at the time or something… And the commonwealth would be Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and maybe a few others.

[Messaged deleted by Rirse]

This made me recall something from two years ago, I was sitting in the lunchroom and some guy was talking about how hippies were disrepectful of verterans. He went off on how the Republican party gives them more than the Democratic party. I went home and read an article about how Bush was slashing verterans benefits.

I never thought I’d be saying this, but I’m all for overthrowing the US government now. Bush has REALLY gone too far this time.

Appalling, simply said.

I am not sure how many of those veterans are alive still, but even if their is one left, this should NEVER have happened.

Although I do not agree with the ‘pay out’ system, nothing at all, and the disrespect of taking the only thing they have away, disapoints me.

On a side note, I can’t see ‘google.com’, I am automaticaly redirrected to ‘google.ca’, which though, also has the poppy ring.

It may not be the same in the US, but protest. That is my only suggestion. Do not sit there, idly wishing for change, say something. Even if it is you alone. The goverments may still listen to mass change in the feelings of the public. Show your support aganst what you believe is an injustice.

:kissy:

The shame upon his head.
:thud:

I liked my mom’s reaction
“That’s gonna get him assassinated.”

Originally posted by Eden99
Although I do not agree with the ‘pay out’ system
It’s not just the payouts. Veterans’ benefits have also been slashed, as Sinistral has pointed out, which is even more egregious, in my view.

But don’t you REALLY love the TIMING?

That is just fucked up…

Originally posted by Sir Percival
The shame upon his head.
:thud:

That is quite the problem. It appears that he feels no shame upon his head, and I am honestly starting to think he is actually stupid, not in the haha-our-president-is-stupid-and-he-looks-like-a-monkey, but that he actually does lacks the amount of forethought and intellect of a normal thriving politician. He obviously didn’t think the Iraq issue through, and he obviously didn’t think something as amoral as this through. I hope that after he leaves his office and is bereft of his yes men that someone will tell him that he will go down in American history as the president who made the most amount of poor, stupid decisions.

Originally posted by Gila-Monster
I think that’s because the whole poppies thing is only with the UK and the common wealth, because they were in some particular battle, and the Americans weren’t at the time or something… And the commonwealth would be Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and maybe a few others.

The point is that they did something to mark the occasion… I doubt it’d have really hurt google.com to put a few lines of text on their picture (although, in saying that, I do note that google.fr didn’t do anything either).

And, back on the real point of the topic, I have to say my respect for Bush hasn’t actually fallen with this new outrage- I never had any for him in the first place :thud:

So that is why he did it, so he would have an excuse not to pay the veterans.

Brilliant.

This is just stupid. It is not those veterans’ fault that things turned out to cost just a wee bit more than first intended.

Originally posted by Neb
The point is that they did something to mark the occasion… I doubt it’d have really hurt google.com to put a few lines of text on their picture (although, in saying that, I do note that google.fr didn’t do anything either).

But that’s because France, and the US, don’t wear poppies on rememberance day. It would be like celebrating someone’s birthday who you never even met.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Okay, that’s it. I’d baeen staying out of politics as much as possible, hoping that it would somehow end up alright, but now, I face the truth: Bush is a motherfucking dumbass.

THIS LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR! OBVIOUS MAN!