We are... uh... We're really damn fucked.

“Red flash clouds choking out the morning sky
They said it’d never come, we knew it was a lie
All forms of life die now the humans all succumb
Time to kiss your ass goodbye the end has just begun”

Yes. Leave the peaceful, freedom loving workers of North Korea alone.

Well, you know…there’s always the hope that things will work out and nobody will get instantly turned into a big pile of charcoal.

goes to military surplus to look for a Geiger counter >.>;

The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in
Meltdown expected and the wheat is growing thin
Engines stop running, but I have no fear
London is drowning, and I live by the river

Its about time we let Japan start defending itself again. They’re one of the wealthiest nations in the world, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t have real troops

Damn right!

I say forgive them, for they know not what they done:
So as sure as the sun will shine
I’m gonna get my share now of what’s mine
And then the harder they come the harder they’ll fall, one and all
Ooh the harder they come the harder they’ll fall, one and all

Okay, it isn’t really related, but I wanted to quote a cool song too, and this is what came to mind.

EDIT: Uhhh, Freddy Pickle, Japan isn’t really very wealthy at all any more. Their economy went to shit in the late eighties. They couldn’t afford an army, which is the main reason they don’t ask for one, anymore.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki ring a bell? Not to meantion all the carpet bombing America did.

Japan has an actual military, what they call a “Civil Defense” Force (or somethign like that). In fact, the military presence in Japan is going down. Marines are the largest American force in Japan (Okinawa) and we relocating, or at least that was the plan a little while ago. Also, Japan is in Iraq right now doing humanitarian missions (however, that still makes them have to fight a lot because of all the ambushes). In fact, there is a lot of controversy in Japan over the troops there. Japan has about 1,000 troops in Iraq.

Better look out
You’ve gotta move quick
They’re coming to get you
Uncle Sam this is it
This is the Final War!
This is the Final War [x4]
… and there will be no one left

Albert Einstien said:

I do not know what World War III will be fought with, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

hahahah, that quote is (or paraphrased atleast) in the song that I quoted:
“Einstein said “We’ll use rocks on the other side””

MEGADETH!!! \m/

Its about time we let Japan start defending itself again. They’re one of the wealthiest nations in the world, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t have real troops
Last I checked, professional murderers weren’t exactly the pinnacle of civility. I don’t think any nation has an excuse to have troops. A few do it out of necessity, but America isn’t one of them. I think more people should follow the examples of Canada and Japan. Not claiming it’ll happen, just saying it’d be cool if it did.

Now most of us are cynical about Bush, but don’t let that cynism cloud your view of all world events. North Korea is not a problem created by Bush. You can criticize his handling of it; I do, somewhat. However, I’m also of the opinion that there is no chance for reconciliation with North Korea. We’ll never be buddy buddy with (this particular) facist state. From all the memory I have to draw on, relationships with NK in modern times have never been warm, just at times less apocalyptic than others. North Korea seems to me a state as anachronistic in modern times as czarist Russia was at second-to-last turn of the century. My most optimistic hope for North Korea is that it eventually rots itself out and the government collapses without outside intervention.

I’m unsure; are we still sending NK humanitarian aid of any sort? If we are, we shouldn’t, and if we aren’t we should probably coerce as many countries as possible to not do so either.

Japan is wealthier than France and the UK combined, according to the CIA factbook.
Japan - 3.582 trillion GDP, 2.7% growth, $28,200 average income
France - 1.661 trillion GDP, 0.5% growth, $27,600 average income
UK - 1.666 trillion GDP, 2.2% growth, $27,700 average income
Germany - 2.271 trillion GDP, -0.1% growth, $27,600 average income

The fact is, Japan is one of the wealthiest countries in the world. Depending on how you look at it, its anywhere from #2 to #5. Not only that, but its much wealthier than nations like Poland or Romania, and they can field armies abroad. And then you compare Japan to poor African countries, where Japan is exponentially more wealthy, and well you can just see for yourself that if Sudan can arm some militiamen, there’s no reason why Japan can’t send Veritech fighters and cyborgs to the front lines. Well maybe not those, but they can easilly afford a military presence. The main reason why they do do it (at least from what I’ve read) is because a) America does it for them and b) the rest of Asia still holds a grudge from WWII. There is a growing voice in Japan asking for it to increase its standing in the region not through conquest, but by expanding its role as a peacekeeper in the region.

Congratulations, Freddie. You can quote statistics. Having money doesn’t mean they’re a military minded country. Canada could easily afford an army more than large enough to defend our soil…but we don’t.

Japan only has money because as a country they’re hard working and very technologically minded. They have enough of a military to defend themselves because that is all they really need. The only reason that they’re being ‘defended’ by other countries such as the US is because they’re an important trade partner and ally to the US. If Japan weren’t such a large exporter of electronics and importer of goods that US can supply the US would care far, far less. So to keep the relationship up they help with the situation of the world around Japan. Or at least they try to help. If the American government didn’t see itself as “world police” maybe shit like this wouldn’t happen.

Aaaand on the topic of nukes…WE’RE ALL GONNA BE VAPED!!! WOO! YEAH! NUCLEAR WINTER! THE BEST KIND OF WINTER!

This is appropriate.

Suck it Hades. Suck it long and suck it hard.

None of that contradicts anything that I said. Japan is a wealthy nation. Japan can afford a military, a relatively decent one. They may not be militarilly minded, but that doesn’t stop them from being able to afford a military.

I don’t understand :open_mouth:

Do not ever, ever link to eBaum. Ever.