Warcraft 3

I am now officially addicted to this game. I finished the Human Campaign in two days and now I’m going for the undead campaign with a tainted Arthas.

So now I wanna know if there are any other War 3 addicts here. I will be honing my skills and by the next vacation season, byt the end of the year, I’ll be taking matches on the battlenet.

Originally posted by Ren
So now I wanna know if there are any other War 3 addicts here.

raises his hand

If you think WC3 is good, wait until you get Frozen Throne.

www.warcraftstrategy.com can give you some good strategies on B.net matches, by the way.

I didn’t really like it all that much, the campaign was interesting but I didn’t really like the whole hero system, I find they’re just too powerful and unbalance the gameplay to the point that the winner is usually the player with the most high level heroes, a good strategy gives you a slight edge, but its not really necessary.

That’s why I usually prefer to play tower defence of tower wars during lans, at least that requires a little thinking.

I am also another addictive player of this game I just cant seem to stop, I am near the end of the Orc campain then i move to the Night elves. After that i will start playing Frozen Throne. :hahaha;

Originally posted by Dark Sand
I didn’t really like the whole hero system, I find they’re just too powerful and unbalance the gameplay to the point that the winner is usually the player with the most high level heroes, a good strategy gives you a slight edge, but its not really necessary.
Just finished in an argument on the battle.net forums about the hero system

So on what page is your damn argument?

I think heroes are kinda like the shaman in Populous 3, just overpowered a little bit. But I don’t think they unbalance the game. If you’re really into strategy, you may distract your opponent with a fake attack wave while you sneak some units into his base, then destroy his altar and finally strive to kill at least one of his heroes. Then send the real attack wave. This is easy to do with humans with archmage’s teleport.

If you’re NE, you can simply use your DH everytime you see heroes coming against you. Use his mana burn to keep them from casting their spells. Or you can simply sacrifice some wisps.

All you need to do is sneak some units past the enemy’s army and force fire on the hero. If you can surround the hero, the hero is killed nine out of ten times.

If you have ranged units though, you can just force fire every unit you have on the hero.

And if you kill your enemies heroes and your are still alive, then their army can do noting against you.

I wouldn’t call myself an addict, I very rarely play battle.net… but I one of the most knowledgable Warcraft storyline fanatics you’ll ever find :wink:

Originally posted by lord-of-shadow
[b]And if you kill your enemies heroes and your are still alive, then their army can do noting against you.

I wouldn’t call myself an addict, I very rarely play battle.net… but I one of the most knowledgable Warcraft storyline fanatics you’ll ever find :wink: [/b]
Nope. Only if you’ve got a level 10 hero and your units are depending on the Hero’s aura.

True, but by the time people start having big battles in most games the heroes are pretty high-level.

Of course, it depends on the hero, but still…

Hi.

Warcraft 3 Sucks.

kbye

YOU suck :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by zeppelin
[b]Hi.

Warcraft 3 Sucks.

kbye [/b]

I Agree

Why play WCIII when you can play SC?

Hello?
WC3 may not be the best out there but it is seriously addicting and fun. 'nuff said.

Because SC has come to the simple thing of ‘Who can mass more archons carriers and various other shit faster?’

That’s because the only SC players left are bad ones. Any battle that comes down to massing carriers or archons or whatever was badly fought.

Just because SC’s been around for so long doesn’t mean WC3 is bad, you know.

Originally posted by Kor
Why play WCIII when you can play SC?

Bah, Warcraft 3 > Starcraft

Warcraft 2 > Every other PC game. :wink:

Originally posted by Cless Alvein
So on what page is your damn argument?
Probably deleted. At the time I posted, the thing was about 10 pages longer -_-