Warcraft 3

Originally posted by Vorpy
That’s because the only SC players left are bad ones. Any battle that comes down to massing carriers or archons or whatever was badly fought.

Thanks, I really appreciate your point of the players of these days.

I must admit, i can’t tell if WCIII sucks or not, cause my computer can’t run it, so I’m just stuck with SC, but for all i’ve seen, i don’t see a great improvement since SC, but meh…I should see it for fore time before i bitch at it again.

More Races + More Spells + Spell Cooldowns + many race specific strengths and weaknesses, rather than just Protoss have Shields, Humans can repair, Zergs Regenerate.

Originally posted by Kor
I must admit, i can’t tell if WCIII sucks or not, cause my computer can’t run it, so I’m just stuck with SC, but for all i’ve seen, i don’t see a great improvement since SC, but meh…I should see it for fore time before i bitch at it again.

It’s not so much that it’s an improvement over Starcraft as it’s just a very differnt game.

Exactly. IMHO, Starcraft is just a little bit better. Warcraft 3 kicks ass, but Starcraft is the grandaddy of having different, varied species.

Originally posted by Cloud Strife X
Exactly. IMHO, Starcraft is just a little bit better. Warcraft 3 kicks ass, but Starcraft is the grandaddy of having different, varied species.

That’s crap - Warcraft 3’s species are far, far, far more varied in terms of both units and attitude than Starcraft is. In starcraft, every unit has a counter part, where there is a unit that serves a very similar purpose on every race. In Warcraft 3, there is no such thing.

Damn man, this thread was dead and buried when you necro’d it. But yeah Sorc is right.

Sorc has made a good point all i think wc3 needs now besides a bit of patching is more units.

They don’t need more units, they need to fix what they’ve already got.

Warcraft 3 simply took units/concepts/ideas from Starcraft, and changed it a little, added a little… and Starcraft simply took units/concepts/ideas from Warcraft II, and changed it a little, added a little… and Warcraft II simply took units/concept/ideas from its stupid slow-as-hell Warcraft: Orcs and Humans game and improved on it a lot, and even Warcraft I probably got its ideas from another game, so uh, lololz.

And you can also say that every unit in Warcraft 3 has a counterpart in every face that serves roughly the same purposes too. It’s like that in all strategy games to keep it balanced.

To continue your chain, Warcraft 1 got it’s concept from a Dune RTS :wink: