Valkyrie Profile 2

sorry my bad…no more 56k…I promise

you can make weapons. how? im like 20 hours in the game and never knew that.

-You need to sell the items to the shops so they can make them, these weapons are very good. Much better then the ones you buy. If you have them they’ll appear yellow

After finally taking a rest from FFXII, I took this up again. Now, I just started chapter two and it’s really early but, is it me or is this the absolute worst case of voice-not-matching-lips ever? I’m used to a bit of this stuff from Xenosaga and the like, so I’m not expecting what they did in FFX-2 every time, but while Rufus was talking to Alicia/Silmeria right at the beginning, there was a take of him talking in which his lips might have only moved enough to say “hey”, yet he spurted a full monologue. Does this keep up all the way?

I love the new battle system. Seriously, it’s even more dynamic than before and the sound made by the buttload of attacks unleashed at once is really satisfying.

Yes, unfortunately it keeps up all the way. The lips barely move at all; I assume the same problem was in the Japanese version. Just ignore the lips. -_-

Ya, I want to do the shrine for the game but I haven’t gotten an e-mail back yet…

I’m starting Chapter 3 and I can already free all the non-living Einjerhar, but I don’t really get anything too great from them besides one (just one) stat boost item. Are there any specific items I should equip on them?

Slight let-down on the voice actors for the comeback characters. They are not bad at all, but Lezard no longer has that wonderful psycho pitch in his voice that he used to have. Also, Lenneth’s Nibelung Valesti incantation sounded a lot more powerful, they could have at least left the old lines.

Odd choice to switch Hrist’s VA even though Hollingshead is still in the team. Not that it bothers me though, I have absolutely no complaints on her voice.

The reason of Lezard’s VA is simply that he’s not /as insane/ than he was.

The stat items you get from released Eiherjar is purely based on stat totals, mostly from equipment. So, the more expensive/better stuff you equip, the more stat items you get, which can be really insane if you leave it till the end…

Well, I finally finished the game. For all those who’ve been complaining that the final boss of every game in the last ten years has been too easy - this boss was FREAKING HARD. Seriously, it took me close to an hour to beat it (ignoring the other hour I spent trying and dying). Before going in, after saving at the last save point, make sure to release any Einherjar you can while equipped with all your best equipment that isn’t actually equipped, gobble up all the stat items, and give your characters the First Aid, Toughness, and Survival skills. Also protect against Poison.

(The final battle is at the the only dungeon that opens up in chapter 6. You’ll know it when you see it.)

This game is really a lot tougher than most. Some of the difficulty is cool, but other parts are a bit stupid… big bosses have way too much HP and result in a lot of running away from them trying to heal.

Got started on the bonus dungeon… I have FF12 staring at me, but I want to get as far as I can first. Already beat the first boss, so I hope (pleasepleaseplease) it’s at least doable…

Originally Posted by Cidolfas
The thing that’s really starting to bug me is the low rate of item drops when you break enemy bits off. It’s hard enough to break the bits off in the first place (to do enough damage to specific parts of the body) - but even then it’s maybe a 10% chance of a drop. And what’s worse, I don’t even KNOW which enemies drop which items from which parts. It’s ridiculous. >_<

A little late but there are two things that can help. First are prism gems/crystals. They are consumable items that not only preform a respectible amount of damage to an enemy but also randomly breaks off a body part. This helps to break off parts that are hard to get at, and at least the gems are sold at shops without having to hunt for pieces. Which brings me to my second remark. If you search around armories you will find a hidden list containing infomation about rare items, what has them, and where in there body will they be found. Only armories have these lists not merchants, and the lists also change depending on the area so you just can’t go to one shop to find infomation on all of the items.

how long did it take to beat?

I really havent been able to play in so long. I’ve been working every day for a two weeks. i gotta get back into the game. And also i wanna know how good your guys are, like there levels and strength and shit.

Killmore: Those lists only give a maximum of about five pieces. The majority of items are still unknown. And the low drop rate is only emphasized by the fact that I knew which enemies dropped which items and still gave up trying to make them drop them.

Neal: I logged about 55 hours before beating it. My average level was about 50.

Amen to the final boss…like damn…good for you beating in in an hour…took me like closer to two. my guys were all under LV 45 except my MC who was 57…I had like 5 hp on everyone but got a soul crush right at the end…very impressed though…not even going to the b. dungeon until I am done FFXII

The bonus dungeon is actually not that bad… I’m exploring floor 4 now (out of 5) and the only boss I really had crazy trouble with was the second floor boss. I used up most of my healing items in that one, unfortunately, but the third floor one was a pushover, and my stats are now way higher than they used to be due to all the good treasure. (I must have missed half the really good stuff, though, because some of these photon puzzles are INSANE.) I have a sneaky feeling that the floor 4 boss is going to pwn me, but we’ll see.

EDIT: I did manage to beat that boss, yay. 8p Here’s some hints for the bonus dungeon, by the way:
-The character who uses knuckles/claws will be invaluable in the dungeon. He gets some awesome weapons which don’t require ridiculous puzzle skills to get.
-Give every character First Aid, Survival, and Toughness in every boss fight.
-Use the Negate Encounters Sealstone you find in the Ravine Cavern. I pretty much ignored all the normal battles and managed to beat the bosses anyway.
-Use the 200% HP Recovery Sealsone you find in (I believe) the Palace of the Venerated Dragon. It makes a HUGE difference when using Spirit Tinctures, which are much easier to come across than Goddess Tinctures.
-Use the All Tolerances Up Sealstone you find in the last normal dungeon. Very useful.
-For the floor 4 boss, use the weapon you got from the 3rd floor boss (only one character can equip it). It makes a ridiculous amount of difference. Just keep attacking with that character until you run out of AP (use Lightning Bolt with a Mage first if the boss is guarding).

There’s a bunch of VP2 movies in YouTube that show exactly how to get through most of the more brutal puzzles. Even with those, you’ll probably break your controller in frustration before claiming your prizes. -_-