Unofficial Chrono Trigger 2!!

I meant nothing about grammar, I meant everything about articulation. Make sure that the dialogue doesn’t suck, basically.

rgr that. How about I post part of the script? I’ll give a link. You can see then… I’m making sure that everyone uses the same dialect, as you will, as they did in the first game. Certain characters made certain types of punch lines and such, so I’m trying to keep it 100% accurate to the first.

To post this to the public:

The battle commands will be changed in the final product, lol. just a presentation to show the public; albeit not a very good one. Especially the video integration… It gets blurrier by the second.

The text in the battle menu will be different, and the battle menu will not be the basic blue. The battle system will most likely change for the better within the next WEEK or two. That was a beta engine. The new one will be up in the downloads section soon…

I am a she :stuck_out_tongue: But good luck anyways.

OR ARE YOU?

Couldn’t resist. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, the plot actually looks pretty decent. Overhaul the combat system and you have something here. Rock on dudes.

Oh go look at a barrel or something

Heh. >> <<

Thanks guys! I’m glad I could turn this into a positive thread, after all. =D We will be working on the battle system. I should have the Photo page up soon, and we have a 3 image slide show of a guardia forest fight with the HeTake’s (mushroom guys). I’ll post an update at some point… hehe

EDIT: Sorry Evangelion, with your name and avatar it could go either way, lol. Sorry, ma’am :wink:

Why I do believe I shall! :smiley:

BARREL BARREL BARREL BARREL BARREL BARREL.

I’m sorry, sometimes I have to let it out. But Chrono Trigger is a fine game, dont you think?

Sure is. It has the plot, the battle, the mute characters, and the other stuff that all goes into making a first-class RPG. Squeenix rock. \m/

looks cool good luck

Thanks, dude. BTW I like your avy =)

thanks millenias fallen wings skill rocks :cool:
I think im gonna use this one for a long time

In short, the team split (the old leader and 2 other members going one way, me and 4 other members going another) and I have taken over what was the old Chrono Trigger 2. It is now Chrono Trigger: Day of Thantos.

http://www.chronotrigger-dt.cjb.net/

The Work done with the screens listed in the first page of this topic went with the other team, screens like

have come with me on the Day of Thantos project.

We need some new fun members on the forums, and there will be new photos up on the photo page tonight, so drop by!

http://www.chronotrigger-dt.cjb.net/

EDIT: Oh yeah, the site itself is much easier on the eyes now.

Pshaw, that’s like saying Zelda 2: the Adventure of Link wasn’t a direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda because it’s a side-scroller! And look, it even has a 2 on its name!

Hey, good luck :smiley:

If you ever need a second composer (I’m not trying to oust your primary composer at all, I promise), lemme know. I’m just looking for a reason to write music. Just to show that I’m serious, here’s something I made. It’s the 2nd Battle Theme From Chrono Trigger…the unused one. :stuck_out_tongue:

www.rpgclassics.com/staff/SG/CT_Battle_Theme_2.mp3

Actually, hmmmm… would you mind coming by the forums and throwing me a PM with MSN name/AIM handle?? Thanks!

But Chrono Cross is not a Chrono Trigger 2. it just isn’t. I’m not saying CC wasn’t a sequel, how many fucking times do I have to say that? I’m saying that the name Chrono Trigger 2 would not suit Chrono Cross because a)the different time eras (YES I get that sequels take place after the first adventure, but CC has a totally different feel than CT) b)there is not time travel. A Chrono Trigger is associated with time travel, it doesn’t make sense to use that name when the travelling is done across DIMENSIONS c)there is a shitload of characters, all who have less than 1/2 of the personality the CT characters did d)The whole tech system is nearly all taken out in CC. The similar elements just don’t exist between the two to warrant CC as a CT clone.

I have to agree with Eva, although it is shared in the same series, very few similarities show in the 2 games. If you look into a deeper meaning of CC, you can find true sequel type elements, but as Eva said… it’s no Chrono Trigger 2. If Radical Dreamers was released in the USA, there CC would seem more like it was in the Crono series. Radical Dreamers featured Magus, Serge, and Kidd (Kidd was adopted by Lucca for those who don’t know). Part of RD was thrown into CC, but there were still too many holes left unfilled. And IMO, there were waaay too many holes left between Chrono Trigger and Radical Dreamers. Hence, our game.

Think of our game as a sequel to Chrono Trigger, and a prequel to Radical Dreamers.

I don’t know what the admins thoughts are on ROM downloads, but you can download RD with an english patch. It gets annoying after a while, though, because there are no battles or any exploration. It’s completely text based with a few different screenshots. It was released on a Sattalite game system only released in Japan, kinda like a weaker version of the Sega Channel here in the US.