Unofficial Chrono Trigger 2!!

I have no idea, Mr Draconis, for I’ve never played FFX-2 and I have no clue what that has to do anything. All I’m saying is, CC is too different to earn the name Chrono Trigger the Second because it features no main characters besides Schala, and has no time travelling. It’s a close sequel but it isn’t related to any elements in Chrono Trigger that gaurantees Chrono Cross to be deemed as only “The 2nd CT”.

I haven’t played FFX or FFX-2, I just know some very general facts about them :stuck_out_tongue:

And eh, whatever. CC did pretty much do everything CT didn’t.

Ignoring the battle systems, I’d call FFX-2 a ‘direct’ sequel to FFX (same chars, spells, world, but a new plot), and Chrono Cross an ‘indirect’ sequel to Chrono Trigger (different everything but still tethered together by the basic framework of CT’s world).

If we tried to pin down what a true sequel was, we’d have another Ivan thread on our hands. Let’s not, please.

That is absolutely NOT a screen from our game. The ones in below are, and as I had said, the graphics in our work get tarnished moving from work to photo (especially with the Video) The first 3 screenshots are hella old, and will NOT represent our graphical style. We didn’t use 16, it’s 256 but when we try to move the game footage over to still photo, it craps up on us. And, for the video, the bad graphics on the map won’t be included just to get it out of the way, and the resolution is atrocious in the video itself. That is also not the Gato sprite we will be using either. Although the grammar was poor, at the end of the video it said we would be improving on the battle system. BTW the “crappy 2” will not stay, just a temporary thing.

And an FYI, that map is identical to the one in our game.

EDIT: The team also never stated that the 1000 AD map was ours, the posters just took it that way. But, if you wish, I will replace the picture with ours which looks identical, minus the badd graphical problem we get when we transfer it into still photo.

These are beta images from our game (graphical transferring problems, yet again):

And the music samples from the downloads section are decent. Just wait for the playable demo, and hopefully we can prove you wrong. The story is turning out to be the best part of the project, IMO. We’ve had help from the Compendium guys for accuracies as well.

Fair enough, but you seriously have a long way to go before you come even slightly close to the original CT. After CT and CC, you’ll need a steller plot to make people play it. I’m not familiar with RPGM3K, but is there any reason you can’t just keep the old battle system and add some new Techs and stuff? It’d work, and a lot of people liked that system.

Oh, and you probably already know this, but you’re going to get a hell of a lot of rabid CT fans smacking you down with ‘OMG HERESY’ commets when they find out about this, and worse than we have.

All I ask is that you keep an open mind.

For the most part in the other boards we’ve posted in we’ve got helpful and positive feedback.

We’re also trying our hardest to fix the battle system like the original, but it’s proving quite hard. I’m just glad you didn’t see the battle system we had before <shakes head> New techs: I’d say an 80% chance. We’re gonna try our hardest… but more than likely. And, I think any Crono or Fanfic fan would really enjoy the story we’ve got so far. Maybe I should post that teaser… The music is turning out good as well… just keep an open mind =)

Chrono Trigger 2=Chrono Cross. Stupid.

Technically speaking, Radical Dreamers= Chrono Trigger 2. However we never got a stateside release on that, did we? Chrono Cross was a continuation of Radical dreamers, and besides a few little things the story was highly unrelative to Chrono Trigger. Yes, there were a few flaming pictures on the wall and the last boss involved Schala, but that’s pretty much it.

So far, everything I’ve seen is shitty shitty shitty. Hell dude, you haven’t even redesigned anything; I’m surprised nobodies brought this up yet. Everything looks the same - Leene Square, Crono’s room, hell, even the world map for 1000AD looks completely ripped from the original game.

So where does Chrono Trigger end, and you’re game begin? With blurry graphics and jumpy battle demos that demonstrate nothing other than Crono being able to sorta swing his sword, which looks more like a two from movement to me, really.

The game starts out in Leene square under Nadia’s bell for the wedding between the 2. A time disruption occurs, and they start a whole new mission. Schala’s finding is included in this, you’ll be able to explore a fully healthy, populized version of 1999 where you meet a new character, 2300 AD will be healthy and populized; but 2400 AD will not. We may include a 32,000,000 BC or other Era in between 12,000 BC and 65,000,000 BC; but that’s tentative. Ayla will have “Strong Healthy kids” with Kino as Marle said in the last game, And an all new baddie controlled by a popular character in the first game (Not Magus).

You can see this isn’t the same old game.

Sorry, not interested.

Not asking you to be, but I remember some kind of “No flaming” sticky somewhere.

Also I’d like to add for those who may have taken my last post out of context like many of the others, that is NOT the whole story in a nutshell, I mainly just pointed out new areas that you can explore since someone replied that everything looks the same.

You’ll have to be careful with the storyline, since everything in CT directly affected CT, and vice versa. I’m sure you’ve been to the Crono Compendium though. But yeah, good luck on that job. I don’t even understand half of the storyline yet.

EDIT: Ah you have Zeality on your team. He and his crew are like…the experts. I can’t keep up with their speculation, they have those three games MASTERED. I’m starting to become a believer.

Thank you very much sir! =D

Yeah, Zeality and I both sat down together in chat and went over what the main outline of the story should be like. He’s awesome. He knows way more about CC than I do (I’ve only played that once) but I’m right there on par with him for CT, having beaten it nearly 20 times. I try to get it beaten at least 2x a year.

It sounds pretty weak. I’m no “qualified expert”, but I have played Chrono Trigger to death, and so far, I don’t really understand how you can feed an entire civilization in the same year you got started.

I can care less about new characters, the old ones were just fine - what will make or break your game is your entire premise. What is that, exactly? You gave me some kind of rough draft or something, with the futures of characters, which isn’t what I asked for at all. I want to know what your game will be about - like really about.

Oh, and by the way, nobody flamed you, so I don’t really see why you even brought that up. Trust me - when you get flamed, you’ll know it.

I did not really want to release so much story to the public until we got the demo out for the public, but to keep hope alive in this forum here goes:

We’re continuing off of the “Official” set of endings, which can be found right on this site. 12 a b c… In particular, the “balloon” ending where Frog remains in his frog form, Magus is asked if he will continue his search for Schala, Ayla is told to have “Strong” kids by Marle, Robo proceeds back to what is supposed to be a better future, and there’s a Moonlight Parade for Marle, Crono, and Lucca at Leene Square in 1000 AD. Marle and Crono ride off on a balloon, and that’s that.

Well, here it is 5 years later. Crono and Marle have still yet to be wed, but the big day has come. In the demo, you will be able to play the opening scene, where Crono and Marle do some talking, Marle heads off to Lucca’s to get fixed up for the wedding, and Crono is told to go greet people. Leene square will play the moonlight parade music at the end of the last game, but it will look identical (as seen in the screenshots) The NPCs will not be there like the last game (Especially not Melchior, since he plays a significant part in the upcoming scene) and after Crono greets 3 people, Everyone Ooh’s and Aah’s as they see Marle walk up slowly in her wedding dress. Nadia’s bell sounds, and the King and Crono’s mom exchange a few words. The preacher talks, vows are said, and crono is asked to pull out the ring. It is shimmering (animation from the magic tabs will be used) and then, all of a sudden, the sky turns a little dark and lightning crackles a bit. The crowd scrambles all around into a big sort of circle, where Robo comes shooting from the gate at the old telepod site. He’s sparking and all torn up, he spins around a bit, and does the CHH CHHH! sound. Lucca, Marle, and Crono run (Lucca being slightly ahead) to him, and Lucca and Marle kneel beside him. Lucca asks what happened, robo says something to the effect “It’s so nice to see you all again” with robot sounds, and explains that Lavos has returned and that he saw it with hsi own eyes. The 3 are in disbelief, and Marle/Lucca exchange some “It can’t be” type comments. Conversation continues, then robo says something like “It was a pleasure seeing you all one last time before I must take my final departure”, Lucca explains that she’ll be able to fix him, and he gets around to saying some of his vital parts were damaged beyond repair.

So that sets one main part of the story, Lucca wanting to find the parts (there will be 3, and the materials for each will be skattered throughout the time periods. 2 of the parts you will be able to find in the future while one was forged with what looks to be an older material, somehow. Backstory will be found on that part later in the game.

Things roll on, and Lucca suggests since the gates have reopened because of robo, they search in the past once again. Something in the conversation gets around to being said where they need to obtain the Epoch, so suggests they go to the portal at the old telepod site to get a 4th person to come in the portal. Marle calls Lucca genious after figuring out that Lucca is talking about Frog, meanwhile Lucca’s music has been playing (hope to have a sample up of the remix by SSJoseph in the downloads section soon). They go through, fight some enemies in the forest, and come out to the map. If the player decides to talk in the town or buy items, the townspeople are talking about different strange happenings and unusual weather and such as of late. They get around going to the castle to look for Frog who they think is with Leene. When they get there, it is explained that Frog went out on a mission and hasn’t returned on time. The team is asked to go look for him, so they do. They do not find Frog. They find A Frog though. Think back to the last game, there was a group of frogs toying with glenn when he was a child. Yeah, that frog. Well, they do not find Frog, but another important figure atop a cliff… There, the main story will be set. I would get into that part because it’s REALLY good, but I’ve already spilled more than I wanted.

So, hopefully I’ve rejuvenated a little hope in our little project. I guarantee I’ll make sure to it that we iron out all the little technical flaws that we can… We’re in the talks with one more programmer for the project. Hopefully it can keep up with the story.

That’s it for now, my fingers hurt lol. One more thing… It isn’t Lavos, which you may have figured out from me saying you can explore a healthy 1999 AD earlier. If you think really hard back to the last game, you may be able to come up with some really good guesses.

Rather than thinking of this as OUR view on what CC should have been, think of it as a 4th installment. A sequel to Chrono Trigger, and a prequel to Radical Dreamers.

Whew, peace.

[QUOTE=Sorcerer]I don’t really understand how you can feed an entire civilization in the same year you got started.QUOTE]

If by this you’re talking about 2300 AD, it was rejuvenated(SP) by the defeat of Lavos. If that’s not what you’re talking about, I’m lost. Expand… lol

That sounds pretty good, but I just hope you can pull it off without corny dialogue. I hate corny dialogue, it spoils the whole thing for me :\

As far as 1999 goes, then yeah, that was my bad.

Just make sure the plot is well articulated and I guess it could be pretty good. Although the searching for robo parts sounds a bit like searching for Zero in the Megaman X games.

With a grammar king like me and Zeality at my side, I think we’re good in that department =)

The RAIN in SPAIN stays MAINLY in the PLAIN