Travels through Azeroth and Outland

Hello, a friend directed me to this forum. I figured that since there’s a fanfiction section, I would go ahead and share my own efforts in that area. This is a first-person, in-character travelogue for the World of Warcraft.

Much of the travelogue deals with my own conjectures about the cultures in Warcraft. I try to avoid contradicting canon. However much of the travelogue deals with issues that have never been explored in the actual game. For instance, I write about the differences between night elf and goblin literature, the economy of Andorhal during the Second War, obscure heresies of the Holy Light, among other things.

Please tell me what you think, either in this thread or on the blog itself. I’ll also check out the other threads here, and add commentary to those when I have time.

Note: I wanted to let everyone know that you don’t have to read the entire travelogue from beginning to end. I know it’s a very long work, so if you’re just curious about one or two zones, you can skip straight ahead and read what you want. There might be a little bit of confusion, but I think it will generally be comprehensible.

I’ve only read the Tirisfall Glades so far, but I must say that (from what I’ve seen) this is one of the two best Warcraft fanfics I have ever read.

I Like it - especially the dialogue.

Definately good enough to be in the fanfiction section of the main site. (If you’d like to submit it to be there, just let me know!)

Thanks, and I’d definitely be happy to see it in the fanfiction section.

I’ve only read Tirisfal Glades and I like how you’ve added more depth into the lore of Warcraft. Quests were integrated nicely into the storyline.

I put up a self-serving mini-update today.

http://destron.blogspot.com/2009/08/temporary-update.html

If any of you are TVTropers, I’d definitely appreciate the help. As always, thank you for reading.

Ah, this is another one on my To Read list :slight_smile: Welcome to the board.

Thank you, Weiila, I’m glad to be here.

I’ve finished the Howling Fjord.

The part dealing with the taunka ended up longer than I intended, but I think it works out. Also, my earlier request regarding TVTropes still stands. Here are the relevant links for those who are interested.

If you are not a troper and you still want to add examples, please familiarize yourself with the site first. These might help:

I just finished the Tauren chapters and I like the legend of the lightening and copper you put in there. i never saw the parallels between Tauren and Native American culture until I read this.

Is the legend your original work or is it part of Tauren lore?

The legend is of my own creation (though it took some cues from various Native American myths).

EDIT: Generally speaking, if you can’t find it on Wowwiki, it’s probably (though not necessarily) something I made up.

I finished the first part (of three) of the Grizzly Hills.

I just finished Silithus. I know this story isn’t meant to be linear but what happens to Destron? The travelogue just picks up again in Azuremyst Isle. How’d he get there?

There is actually a linear progression to the story, at least in the order of the zones visited. Exodar comes before Azuremyst, and the first few paragraphs of that chapter explain what the narrator did between Silithus and the Exodar. Sorry for the confusion.

I wrote the Exodar section at about the same time I transferred the travelogue from its original PDF format to the current blog format. I hadn’t yet started writing intervening chapters, like “Preparing for a Journey,” or “Return to Orgrimmar.”

The second part of the Grizzly Hills is now ready.

Here’s the last section for the Grizzly Hills.

I’ve just finished the first part of Zul’drak. Given the preponderance of undead, it should be appropriate for Halloween.

I just finished the latest section. Enjoy!

Zul’drak is done.

Here’s the latest section, after a rather lengthy delay:

I just finished another section.