Tissue Time

Another part in FF6:When Celes is tending to Cid, and he dies, and she thinks she’s all alone in the world, her friends all dead, especially Locke
That was particularily heart wrending, especially when they played the music.

Celes trying to kill herself was definitely one of the most intense, poignant moments in any RPGs. To this day I’m surprised they put it in, back in 1994.

Good point, especially for a Nintendo game. Oh, its not Final Fantasy, but another sad moment was in my first rpg game I’ve ever played, Crystalis. It was when the hero went to the evil fortress, and then got a telapathic message that the rebels were under attack, and when he got back to the base, everyone of his friends were dead.

I agree wholeheartedly with the talk of FFVI. It really was a game of crushing dispair at times. It’s part of an idea I even had once, to write unhappy endings for all twelve characters to show that, even for people who save the world, karma doesn’t always happen. Damn, I need to write those stories someday.

All that aside, I don’t know if FFVI ever had me to tears. Well, except when Cid died the first time I played, but more because I didn’t know feeding Cid certain fish would make him better, and others would kill him. I fed him all of it. For an entire damn hour, I fed him fish. by the end, I was near tears just from a feeling of futility.

Well, I don’t think any game has brought me to tears, so I was just going for saddest moments.

That’s pretty funny. The part that wasn’t funny is that you have to get yummy fish, but you can’t tell which fish are yummy for sure until you start picking some up, and then you can’t choose which fish to feed to him. It’s just not right.

Later, I learned you can tell by how fast they’re going, but how was I supposed to know then? They gave no indication!

I always kind of figured he was supposed to die, kinda like Shadow.

That’s true, but the first time you walk onto the beach? How fast is fast enough? What if no yummy fish are there? It just strung us along, I tell you.

Oh, God, yes. It pissed me off, and I actually felt releif when Cid finally died, since that meant I coulkd go on with the damn game.

So what actually takes longer, healing him or killing him? ('cause you know it’s ALL YOUR FAULT OMG if he dies)

Killing him takes much less time, I believe.

It got soo crazy, fast fish, slow fish, it could have done with a turuiral, or something. I’m sure the scene where he lives and goes along with her isn’t as sad, so I think they fixed it so he WOULD die!