this sucks.

My mom has given up on God, I have no clue what to think about God. I have to talk to my counseler tomarrow about getting a job or something.

Why would you still have a car? You could sell it and save a lot of money… unless you live where you need a car.

Um, I need to go to school, I need to be able to go to the store for groceries and crap. I think we need a car.

My mom has given up on God, I have no clue what to think about God. I have to talk to my counseler tomarrow about getting a job or something

Trust me, now is not the time to give up on God. I can talk to you more about this in PMs if you want (as I don’t want to piss off people here). But none the less, you will still be in my prayers.

I can’t say much that hasn’t been said already. But staying in school is probably your best option. I do remember a story that my guidance counsellor told me in my high school days though. The counsellor had helped his person out.

It was about a girl who lived in a low-income family. She was poor, but spirited, and she never gave up. One day, her mother just lost her job, and the poor girl had to live on the streets. But she stayed in school, and never lost hope for a better tomorrow. She did so well, in fact, that a nearby university granted her a scholarship for her efforts. She graduated, and now has a very well paying job.

So all I can say to you is; please, don’t give up. Be strong, and take any help that is offered to you. I’m sure that whatever powers reside up there beyond human reach are just merely testing you, and will not allow such a tragedy to befall a special person such as you.

And if things don’t work out, you’ll always have a home here at RPGC, even if it’s just to take your mind off of the current situation for a bit. I’m sure that the people here won’t stand by and watch one of our kind suffer, and if you’re in the area, one of us might be able to help out or even take you in for a bit.

Take care, alyx. I wish you godspeed and the best of luck.

I don’t know about America, but in most cities in Europe there are Citizen Advice Bureaus. If there is an American equivalent you could visit one of those, and see what they say…?

Don’t worry Alyx. You will make it through this, and I am sure that most of the people here at RPGC ( including me ) will help as much as we can.

That does suck. But you must always have faith in any situation. I really don’t understand why your father wouldn’t pay any child support at all. That’s really lame. Well, I guess you could get a job, but would that cut it, really? You need a foolproof plan to get the money, but a lot of these include begging, stealing and other things I suggest against. I really don’t see many ways out of this one…

But there’s always a way, as long as you keep trying.

On a side note, I had to take a class at my church to get confirmed, and I learned that god will help you if you believe he will help you. Remember that.

On a side note, I had to take a class at my church to get confirmed, and I learned that god will help you if you believe he will help you. Remember that.

Well, he just said what I didn’t want to say on the MBs, but I might as well say it now. Just have faith in God. The story of Job comes to mind. A man who had a lot to live for, lost it all, but kept his faith in God, who rewarded him in the end.

I’ve been living in a cardboard box for years now. Shit, it’s all the rave these days. I even splurged a couple months ago and got one with cable internet! It’s not that bad…it’s cozy, very easy to get intimate in…you just gotta remember to take your business “outside”, cause the cardboard boxes with toilets in them are pretty pricey and they’re in high demand…my friend joey joe slumbo tried to get one, and he had to sell all 3 of his remaining teeth to get one. Tough break for him I guess, but he just eats milkshakes now for dinner.

Dude, that’s not funny.

• shoots Zeppelin*
    Okay, thanx for the advice. I guess, I’ll try to stay in school and stuuf, but if my mom and me doesn’t have any food I don’t see what use school wuld do. We have a food pantry that you can visit THREE times a YEAR. three in a year, how are people supposed to eat when they only can get help three times…

Here in Maine if a school is seeing that you’re not getting anything to eat, they’ll help out the family.

I really wish there was more I could do to help. I hate having to see anybody in this kind of situation.

I hate it too. THanx for caring.

Originally posted by Sephiroth Hayes
So? It’s true any parent who abandons their child deserves to die in the most painful way imaginable.

I don’t agree with you there. Some people just aren’t ready to become parents when they do and end up not knowing what to do and usually just give up and run away from it. Doesn’t mean they hate their kids, just means they’ve given up.

I wouldn’t wish harm on someone who’s given up, if anything, I’d wish good luck for them since they’re too weak to stand up to their problems and would probably end up crumbling from them.

How much better is giving up on someone than hating them. If you think about it, giving up on someone is worse because it’s like they think, “They’re not worth my time.” And to do that to your child, that’s hideous. Running away helps nothing.

No, running away doesn’t help anything, but some people see it as their only option.

Giving up is not the same as hating, it means that you’re too weak to face your problems and feel like there is nothing you can do about them. Hating is completely different.

I didn’t say giving up on someone was like hating them, I said it was worse because it means you don’t care. Running away from your problems is just wrong. Period. No excuses.

My dad was my parent for 9 years, before he just, left. I think i\he was ready. My parent were both married for like five years before I came along. they were ready.

Then your dad is a fucking asswank.