this sucks.

Man Alyx, that sucks ass. Call your dad and ask him stuff like “How can you be such a heartless bastard?” And shit. But that really really blows. I’m sorry. But guys think about this: if she stays in school how to survive? Her future will suffer no doubt but it’s her present that’s in danger.

Have some cheese…

1.) No offense, but your dad’s an asshole. Seriously.

2.) Stay in school.

3.) If you really feel you must work, get an after-school job.

4.) See what help you can get, from family/friends/government/everyone.

5.) Don’t give up, be optimistic, and be supportive of your mother and anyone else who lives with you. They need it just as much as you do.

Yeah there are other options, such as staying with a family member. Hopefully such a situation is open to Alyx…and why would your father do such a thing? Just awful. Apparently I am not able to comprehend the horrors of today’s world…:thud:

Why would he leave in the first place? Same reason as to why would my mum go fuck some guy to get divorced so she can get money. Why? Because he SUCKS

Well that was certainly blunt:thud:

So? It’s true any parent who abandons their child deserves to die in the most painful way imaginable.

Sorry to hear about that Alyx. But stay in School…Knowledge is a great weapon to use against this world, wich many people don’t have.

Stay in school, and you will be fine. I promise.

Your dad’s a fucking bastard, Alyx. He should still send child support, even if he’s retired. And there is a welfare program for those that are disabled and cannot work, although it won’t be enough to live on. I recommend getting a part-time job; whatever you do, DO NOT DROP OUT OF SCHOOL! You will regret it every day of your life.

I agree with everyone else about this sucking and your dad being a bastard. I don’t know what you could do about money, bit I know some stuff that might make you feel better.

Try listening to the song “Always Look on the Bright Side of Life”, from Monty Python’s Life of Brian. That always picks ME up.

If that fails, lsiten to “I Hope You Die”, by The Bloodhound Gang, and imagine that it’s about your dad. :mwahaha:

For the love of all that is both holy and unholy, do not drop school. Education = good-paying job.

And just do what you can…

Like the others said, Alyx, you have options. I don’t know where you live, but most countries have social help options for their needy- that’s the whole point of having a society in the first place.

So don’t despair. Cry now, if it helps, but remember, your mother needs you and your emotional support. Go find what all your options are and begin working on getting them. There should be a person on your school whose job is to help people on your situation; find him (or her) and get him to help you thru the process. Perhaps you might need to work- but as the others said, don’t abandon your education, at least not permanently.

We will help in any way we can, by giving you advice and moral support.

Best wishes.

Same as what everyone else said. Stay in school and contact some relatives for help.

If she’s disabled, shouldn’t the government already be giving her money? I don’t know exactly how laws work and stuff, especially in USA (cause I live in Canada), but you should look into that.
You should definately stay in school… try to get support from friends and family, possibly the community. Things will hopefully work out for the best.

There is not a lot I can say that hasn’t been said before, but I feel I have to say something. First, there are disabled benefits, they’re not much, but the are usually enough to subsist on, if not comfortably. Food tamps can also cover food. If you have any family/friends willing to help, thats usually enough. If not, the Wal-Mart greeter situation ios a valid one, they hire greeters almost exclusively from disabled/retired/social security people. I dont know your relatives situation, but something can usually be arranged, even if it means you and your mother living with different relatives, it is usually better than nothing. And you probably have more than a week anyways, evicting a stubborn person can take months at times, so you may be able to squeeze extra time. Dont count on it though, thats more for desperation. I wish I was more surprised that you father has so little concern for you, but i have a cousin who had it happen, and they made it through due to help from my grandparents. I would let you stay at my place for a while, to give you time to make arrangements, but you don’t know me, and I have no clue if youre even in the same country as me. But I will try, if it is an option. Quitting school Is a bad idea, and theres little guarantee youd find a job anyways, this is not a friendly job market. A college education is necessary. If you’re truly desperate, you can call me, and I’ll do/suggest what I can, but If youre far away, theres not a lot I can do from Florida. My email is DarkKnight@NYC.com. Hopefully I haven’t just invited the spammers of the world to email me as well…

My mom gets $256 in SSI ( social security/ disability) That will not pay for food and bills for two people. My relatives are either
A. Dead
B. Dirt poor
C. Don’t give a shit.

And I found out you can only be on Welfare for two years and you have to be in their job training programthe whole time. My mom CANNOT work. She cannot stand for long periods of time, and she has chronic fatigue causing her to be tired or get tired quickly. I’m not really sad right now but I want to telll my dad what I think of him, but can’t so…

I would to thank all of you who said my dad is a asshole, bastard, etc. I never thought I would agree with those statements.

Normally I’d say “Honor thy father and thy mother.” but your father isn’t even looking out for his child, so I can’t see it too easy to honor him.

This problem has baffled me all day. If I was in any position to do so, I’d let you and your mother just move to Maine and live here. I don’t like seeing people suffer, especially friends.

How much do you think it would take a month to pay for rent and food and whatnot?

Well you’re 15…I’m sure there are some pitiful options for jobs out there…I know that isn’t very helpful to hear something like that, but it’s a start…

Originally posted by Orakio
[b]Normally I’d say “Honor thy father and thy mother.” but your father isn’t even looking out for his child, so I can’t see it too easy to honor him.

This problem has baffled me all day. If I was in any position to do so, I’d let you and your mother just move to Maine and live here. I don’t like seeing people suffer, especially friends.

How much do you think it would take a month to pay for rent and food and whatnot? [/b]

At least $900 for 2 people.

$200=rent
$50= utilities
$100= food
$200= car payment
$20- 30 = phonebill
$100=gas
$50 = toilet paper, etc.

I asked my mom and we have $345 coming to us each month. so I might not wind up in a box, just starving -_-

hmmmm… that could cover your rent, food, and some utilities.

I’d call up the state government or something… or you might be able to get an after school job to help with more…

If I had a job of my own I’d gladly donate some to you until you got back on your feet…

I dunno… could your school perhaps help you? I know my school offers something to people in your situation.

But anyways, I’ll still be praying for you. I trust everything will turn out just fine.