Things you hate

I already edited my above post. You just type faster. =P

One small note.

Cala: Kosovo. Then, in some circles, Mogadishu (depends if you count it as a continuation of Bush Senior putting in troops then pulling them out or if a separate but related military action). Then there were the Iraqi bombings in the late '90s after Saddam kicked weapon inspectors out…

Besides, most historians rank the top two worst presidents as Buchanan (#1) and Andrew Johnson (#2). Funny how they sandwiched the usual #1 best prez, Lincoln.

I think the “pop music” he’s referring to may be Timberlake crap.

Mogadishu is Bush Sr.'s fault, he sent those troops in during his lame duck presidency as a going away present to Clinton…

Oh yeah, things I hate… I can’t think of anything specific right now besides pretention.

Woo hoo! Nixon isn’t last! Foriegn policy rocks! And what did Buchanan and Johnson do?

Buchanan failed to act when the Southern states seceded from the Union. Johnson is considered to have botched Reconstruction some, but the Radical Republicans in Congress at the time are also blamed. Plus he was the first Prez impeached; he was one vote away from being removed from office. And Nixon is down there. Something like #9 or so.

And Curt, that’s why I said in some circles. I seem to recall some period of time between the Bush senior deployment and the dragging of the soldiers under Clinton when there were no troops in Somalia. I may be wrong though.

And yea, 984, he might’ve had Kosovo, but I still don’t see a huge deficit from Clinton’s presidency. :stuck_out_tongue:

Isn’t hate a tad strong?

Anyway, I hate whiny people, sportscasters who use the word ‘intensity’ too much, posers of all ages, my ex-science teacher (dear god, this past year, I learned everything I did from my textbook) and a bunch of other stuff.

Well, there are some economists the feel a federal budget isn’t in itself bad and is actually a powerful economic tool. GDP, a measure of economic strength and whether or not a country is in a recession or inflationary period, is partly comprised of government spending. Under Keynesian economics, in times of recession, the government should increase spending, cut taxes, or do a combination of the two. Spending more by the government boosts GDP. Decreasing taxes would increase consumer pocket money and consumer spending. This too increases GDP and pushes it back towards long run equilibrium. As most people say, we’re currently in a recession, and Keynesian economics would hold we should run a deficit. Clinton’s presidency, at least when he had the surpluses, was in an inflationary period, so logic would dictate that we should have run a surplus, which we did.

Now, this is by no means defense of Bush or Clinton or whatever. Rather, it was a post to try and explain why deficits aren’t always bad. Besides, I’m a “let the economy be damned” and always run a balanced budget or surplus kind of guy.

Oh, another thing I hate: the word “proactive”. It’s not a real word, it’s just a prefix attached to another word that basically means the same thing. Think about it.

I hate my ISP and roaches. I can’t think about anything else I might hate.

I hate…<ul>
<li> The stuff that my brother listens to…he calls it ‘real music’ (eg slipknot kinda junk)
<li> People who refuse to admit they’re wrong, or refuse to accept that other people can be better than them
<li> People who think that because I dont know anything about American History, that I am clearly stupid.
</ul>

I think everybody should know a little history about the major countries. It’s basically just brain food, but still, its good stuff to know.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
Oh, another thing I hate: the word “proactive”. It’s not a real word, it’s just a prefix attached to another word that basically means the same thing. Think about it.

Yes it is, it means to act in advance to deal with an expected difficulty.

There are a few things which I really hate. Sometimes I hate myself more than anything.

Now to actually get around to saying what I hate… I’d say I probably hate dancing and stupidity more than anything else.

I guess I hate a few things… hmmm there’s not many things that I absolutely hate, there’s just a lot of things that I just dislike.

I hate the assholes in school , who since your more intelligent than them decide to push you down stairs and hit you with belts.

Things I hate:

• The guy who said he hates Avril, I forget his name :stuck_out_tongue:

(Not that I have anything against people who do hate her, but at least have a real reason, geez.)

i hate god moders,and christians,and people who think they know what their talking about but don’t,and idiots that try saying things that sound german but arent real german words.plus reallly old music,and people who say that words can be too strong and such.and people who don’t use proper vocabulary but slang and stuff like that.so hard to understand.and my brothers(will kill them some day)