The World Ends With You

As a note, the mingle xp stuff is ridiculously easy if you have a Wii.

Open Wii. Open Nintendo Channel, set Wii to broadcast some DS demo game. Rake in 120 mingle points per minute by doing mingle, start, get a civvie, finish, repeat.

Lollerskates.

I did that with my Wii AND my GF’s DS. Double lollerskates.

I’ve begun playing TWEWY. There is a lot of dialog and, even if it initially wasn’t to my taste, the art is really well done. Also, while you don’t play, your pins get points and level up, which is cool if you don’t have a lot of time.

A way lot better than I expected. I’m on day 5 after just a couple sessions though. The difficulty is starting to ramp up nicely so I have to actually give myself a few levels, but the game ends after day 7 right? Are the last three days super long or is this game stupidly short?

The game doesn’t end.

I only saw the concept art contest on DA. It looks a LOT like FF gone emo/hip hop. o_O;

Okay does the main story end leaving you with nothing to do but grind noise and get the hottest new threads?

No. Its a good plot twist. Not a Star Ocean 3 plot twist.

Finished it last weekend, ate through last few days as if my hunger knew no end. Loved the story, and replaying through it to get completion/mastered pins/hard more lewt.

Fucking super zetta bastard challenge is kicking my ass. :frowning:

Well Yahtzee has given TWEWY a once over.

The result is… not as quite a severe bashing as you might expect, and anyone who knows his tastes in games must realize that’s a f’ing miracle.

I bought this game over the weekend, and I’ve come to realize how much I suck at using the stylus in battle. :frowning: Apparently I’m not good at dragging, because I’ve had a lot of difficulty in trying to move Neku versus using a pin. Once I get that down (tips?), it seems pretty cool.

I had the same problem. Its just a matter of practice. Once you get the hang of it the controls are pretty good. You need to do a lot of maneuvering to survive harder things and the boss fights actually require you to use both characters on both screens , esp towards the end.

What the hell game is this? It’s for the DS? I’ve got one of those, do tell!

DS. Just get it.

Good advice.

Vicki, do you click on Neku before dragging? It helps if you tap Neku and then drag the stylus far from the character.

Is that for moving him or attacking? I think I get freaked out by needing to dodge the frogs that I lose it. :smiley:

You need to tap on neku and hold your stylus on him and drag him where you want him on the screen. You’re going to need to learn to maneuver him because otherwise the bosses will mop the floor with you. It works well when you get the hang of it. The same goes for the pins. Sometimes its hard to get them to work until you figure out how you need to press somewhere. For example, the telekinesis / psychokinesis pins require you to hold the item for about half a second and then start dragging , or that you tap 3-4 times rapidly before a flurry pin activates, or that you actually form a nice circle for the pins that require you to form a circle.

For the pins that require you to slash across Neku, since you don’t hold Neku for half a second, as you slash across him, he will stay stationary.

And you don’t really have to dodge the frogs o_o;. You just press start and “bounce” (escape). I hope you’re not stuck on the frogs.

Moving. This game has filled me with hatred for everything frog-related.

Having not played it, I slightly more identify with Yahtzee’s stance on “giving the character a puzzle which is mind-bogglingly simple for the player to solve, but not allowing them to actually reach said solution until they’ve sat through an interminable cutscene in which said solution is handed to them” (This reminded me of an interview with the Portal peeps in which they discussed the “delta” between “story story” and “gameplay story”).

That said, I’m still putting this on my “Must Play” list when I ever get a DS. :wink:

I have a feeling you’re mocking me. -.- I made it past the first boss before I posted my question at least! What you’ve said makes sense… I think I was touching too close to Neku and moving him instead of attacking like I wanted.