The Third Annual RPGClassics March Madness Challenge

Second-worst idiot. I am content.

Damn! I was worse off than I thought I was. Well even though I’ll at least make sixth I can still hope to be on the winning team. Go UCLA!

I got the title I was after :slight_smile:

The Elite Eight is OVAH~!

Well, the four games of the Elite Eight are over, and history was made. While 10-seed Davidson could not beat 1-seed Kansas, we got a great game, and Davidson’s Stephen Marbury has clinched the tourny MVP, I think. Davidson would not have had this run without him. Anyway, as for history, for the first time since they started seeding teams, all four number 1 seeds made it to the Final Four. Boring, I know, but it’s still history. I’m surprised Kansas and Memphis lasted this long. Memphis thrashed Texas, UNC thrashed Louisville, and UCLA thrashed Xavier.

On to the brackets!

<size=+2><b>Team Ackbar (580/2560 points):</b></size>
<b>Cless (170/1280) - </b>Final Four: Arkansas, Cal State Fullerton, Mississippi Valley State, Oregon. Oregon wins it all. No teams remain. Bracket done.
<b>Flint (410/1280) - </b>Final Four: Notre Dame, Siena, Oregon, Duke. Duke beats Notre Dame to win it all. No team remains. Bracket done.

<size=+2><b>Team Ezboarder (660/2560 points):</b></size>
<b>Killmore (320/1280) - </b>Final Four: Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, Miami. A&M wins it all. No teams remain. Bracket done.
<b>Taran (340/1280) - </b>Final Four: Notre Dame, Wisconsin, UCLA, Temple. Notre Dame wins it all. UCLA remains. UCLA won in the Elite Eight, so he got 80 more points. If they win in the Final Four and make it to the championship game, he will get 120 more points. That’s just enough to pass Flint. He has clinched fourth at least.

<size=+2><b>Team Kero Hazel (670/2560):</b></size>
<b>Kor (400/1280) - </b>Final Four: Oklahoma, Stanford, USC, UCLA (he loved that Pac-10). USC wins it all. UCLA remains. He got 80 more points due to UCLA’s win. Bracket is done though. He clinched third at least.
<b>Valkyrie Esker (270/1280) - </b>Final Four: Arkansas, Portland State, Temple, Baylor. Arkansas wins it all. All teams eliminated. Bracket done.

<size=+2><b>Team The 984 (690/2560):</b></size>
<b>Eden (330/1280) - </b>Final Four: Washington State, Michigan State, Belmont, and Kent State. Kent State wins it all. All teams eliminated. Bracket done.
<b>deathstryke (360/1280) - </b>Final Four: Belmont, Gonzaga, Butler, Stanford. Gonzaga wins it all. Bracket done. He clinched fourth.

Team Analyses:
<b>Ackbar</b>'s teams are done. He finished LAST.
<b>Ezboarder</b> can get 120 more points, making his best score 780. In order to pass me for first, he need UCLA to go to the championship game.
<b>Kero Hazel</b>'s teams are done. He has clinched third and is currently second. He’s rooting for UCLA now just because they’re his alma mater.
<b>The 984</b>'s teams are done. I have a no buffer now. UCLA <b>MUST</b> lose to Memphis in the Final Four now for me to win. Sorry, Kero. I have clinched second and am currently first. Let’s go Tigers. Fuck the Bruins.

Woo, go UCLA

Saying you’re sorry, 984, is like raping me while telling me it’s not going to hurt.

>:)
;_;

Anyway, I do have a reason to root for the Bruins aside from them being my alma mater, and that’s to see EZ win. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m a sad panda. :frowning:

The Final Four is OVAH~!

One exciting game and one drubbing. The drubbing first. Kansas beat heavily favored UNC. Hell, UNC was held to like 9 minutes without a basket at one point in the game. That’s nearly a quarter of the game they didn’t have any points from the field. Insane. I guess the Kansas coach played the disrespect card.

In the other game, Memphis beat UCLA. It was closer throughout, but Memphis seemed in control the entire time I thought. They pulled away to double digits at the end, and for once actually hit their free throws. With the win, Memphis became the first school from a non-power conference to advance to the championship since 1998’s Utah squad. UNLV was the last team from a non-power conference to win the title, back in 1990.

The championship will be Memphis vs Kansas. Kansas is from the Big 12. Memphis is from Conference USA. Neither team’s coach has ever won a national title, and neither team’s conference has won a title (the Big 12 having been created in 1996 from the merger of the Big 8 and 4 Southwest Conference schools). It should be a good game. Tigers vs Jayhawks.

Also, as a sidenote, every team in the Final Four has blue as its primary school color. UNC has Carolina blue. UCLA has powder blue (sometimes an ugly navy that I hate). Kansas and Memphis both just have blue, but Kansas’ is lighter than Memphis’.

On to the brackets!

<size=+2><b>Team Ackbar (580/3040 points):</b></size>
<b>Cless (170/1520) - </b>Final Four: Arkansas, Cal State Fullerton, Mississippi Valley State, Oregon. Oregon wins it all. No teams remain. Bracket done.
<b>Flint (410/1520) - </b>Final Four: Notre Dame, Siena, Oregon, Duke. Duke beats Notre Dame to win it all. No team remains. Bracket done.

<size=+2><b>Team Ezboarder (660/3040 points):</b></size>
<b>Killmore (320/1520) - </b>Final Four: Notre Dame, Vanderbilt, Texas A&M, Miami. A&M wins it all. No teams remain. Bracket done.
<b>Taran (340/1520) - </b>Final Four: Notre Dame, Wisconsin, UCLA, Temple. Notre Dame wins it all. No team remains. Bracket done.

<size=+2><b>Team Kero Hazel (670/3040):</b></size>
<b>Kor (400/1520) - </b>Final Four: Oklahoma, Stanford, USC, UCLA (he loved that Pac-10). USC wins it all. No team remains. Bracket done.
<b>Valkyrie Esker (270/1520) - </b>Final Four: Arkansas, Portland State, Temple, Baylor. Arkansas wins it all. All teams eliminated. Bracket done.

<size=+2><b>Team The 984 (690/3040):</b></size>
<b>Eden (330/1520) - </b>Final Four: Washington State, Michigan State, Belmont, and Kent State. Kent State wins it all. All teams eliminated. Bracket done.
<b>deathstryke (360/1520) - </b>Final Four: Belmont, Gonzaga, Butler, Stanford. Gonzaga wins it all. Bracket done.

Team Analyses:
<b>Ackbar</b>'s teams are done. He finished LAST.
<b>Ezboarder</b>'s teams are done. Due to UCLA’s loss to Memphis, he finished third.
<b>Kero Hazel</b>'s teams are done. His alma mater LOST. Finished second.
<b>The 984</b>'s teams are done. I am very happy because of Memphis (and am rooting for them to win it all now). WORST TO FIRST BABY.

Idiot Rankings:

1. Flint
  2. Kor
  3. deathstryke
  4. Taran
  5. Eden
  6. Killmore
  7. VE
  8. Cless

Congratulations, Flint, on winning the individual portion of the Third Annual RPGClassics March Madness! Your random, arbitary choices appear to have been been better and luckier than everyone else’s! Despite not scoring any points after the Sweet Sixteen!

Hooray, I’m the number 1 idiot!

I call for a recount

Kansas beat Memphis in a pretty good championship game. It was only the 7th championship game to go to overtime. Memphis was leading by 9 with about two minutes left. They lost due to their inability to hit clutch freethrows.

Oh well. Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

The last two minutes in basketball are an eternity.