The Rpgc Xmas Story 2003

Great job Wil! Keep it up!

Of course, the second most common colours besides white and black on a chessboard are white and red, which is the other possible reason he used it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Videospirit: About the gender thing- I’m NOT telling! :slight_smile:

(BTW, let me clear something up: the person who asked to be included on the story secretly, contacted me privately and provided all the info I asked for in the thread. I thought having a Mystery Hero in the story would be cool, so I accepted, but I’m NOT making any more exceptions- Anyone who wants to be included (and yes, there’s still time) HAS to post in the Sign-up Thread.OK?)

Oh, ad let me make an announcement: Since my story was delayed SO much (by all the blasted overtime work I had this month) I fear I’m NOT going to finish it on Xmas Eve as I wanted- not without excluding some very good bits I had planned. Instead the deadline is now set for New Year’s Eve. That is still technically, the end of the Holidays, no?

My apologies for that,

And NEXT year, you better believe I’m starting the Xmas story in November!

working on the next Chapter. Should be posted late tonight or early tomorrow.

[i]
Oh, ad let me make an announcement: Since my story was delayed SO much (by all the blasted overtime work I had this month) I fear I’m NOT going to finish it on Xmas Eve as I wanted- not without excluding some very good bits I had planned. Instead the deadline is now set for New Year’s Eve. That is still technically, the end of the Holidays, no?
[/b]

Actually, some people, like my mother, believe Christmas is over Jan. 6, Three King’s day… a good excuse to procrastinate even longer, at least.

Originally posted by BahamutXero
Great job Wil! Keep it up!

I guess I can’t guess the villain, I haven’t read any of your other stories…

If you can’t finish it on time, we’ll just throw it into the next update, Wil. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by PC Glenton
Actually, some people, like my mother, believe Christmas is over Jan. 6, Three King’s day… a good excuse to procrastinate even longer, at least.

The twelfth day of Christmas, no? It’s when we take our tree down. Anyway, I say take as long as you need Wil.

Thanks for understanding, guys.
(HEY! Weiila posted in my thread! YAHOO!!) :hahaha;

Sorry I hadn’t posted yet, guys, last-minute bill-paying and Xmas-shopping. Plus, for some reason I couldn’t log on to the boards earlier tonigth… any of you had that problem?

PC: The Magi King’s Day is a Latino tradition. Is your mother latin? We celebrate it in Puerto Rico too.

Kairi: Actually, the villain in my story is a somewhat famous fictional character that has appeared in MANY other places, including comic books! (though MY version is a bit different.) More clues coming up!
And NO, it isn’t The Grinch. :mwahaha:

OH DAMN! I FORGOT to include a part in the last chapter!! I’ll have to go edit it in now. Please read it again, folks, it’s a short (but cool) part at the end.

And the next chapter is almost ready, it’ll be posted later tonight.

I hope.

You know, Wil, not to say you’re wrong, but I always thought I was more fo a queen piece than anything else.

Wil: No, Mom is just way too traditional.

Val: If Val is the queen piece, I must be the one that kills her…

(Note: I’ve decided to start posting smaller chapters. I prefer the longer ones but they take too long to write, and I don’t want to keep you people waiting anymore.)

THE OUTSKIRTS OF XMASVILLE, IN THE FAERYLAND DIMENSION:

Three figures trudged with some difficulty across the snow-covered, darkened forest.
It was Sir Percival, Shalcar, and Jingle Belle.
She lead the way, after the heroes had insisted that she land Prancer (whose ability to carry all three of them easily baffled them more than its air-walking one) away from the town, so as not to be seen by their foes, in case they were still there.
This harried poor Jingle, who couldn’t stop thinking about the grisly fates her people had suffered- and didn’t even want to think how her father might be.
She carried a small branch that glowed in the dark, illuminating their path, thanks to a Light spell cast on it by Shalcar.
It was very cold, and neither of the two heroes were really well dressed for this weather, but they tolerated it due to the urgency of the mission. Silently, Percival was glad he wasn’t wearing his heavy Knight’s Armour, or he would find it even harder to walk thru the packed snow.
He just hoped he wouldn’t need it.
-“So, Lady Belle” he suddenly spoke, “Are thou sure it was the Lady Valkyrie whom thou dost see leading these foul monsters?”
-“For the last time, YES!” Jingle snapped.
-“Hey, easy, easy!” Shalcar intervened. “Percival doesn’t mean anything by that. It’s just that… we KNOW Val. And yes, she can be a bit testy at times, but… to do something like what you said…”
-“Aye, the Lady Valkyrie has e’ver been an honorable warrior.”
-“Look, I don’t know if it was really her or not and I DON’T CARE!!” she shouted, turning around, her eyes streaking tears. "All I want is to save my people- or as many of them as might still be alive!!
-“SHH!” Percival whispered, startled by her reaction. “Milady! Do not raise thy voice! Thou mights lead the enemy to us!”
-“Like this glowing stick isn’t visible enough in the dark already?” she countered.
-“Uh, she has a point, Perc” Shalcar once again intervened, hoping to calm things down. “Um, listen, Jingle. We understand the grief you’re going thru- but please, if you want us to help you, you’ve got to calm down!”
-“Understand it? Do you REALLY understand it? Have you ever lost everything you cared for in the World??”
Shalcar was shocked into silence.
But Percival was not.
-“Mine friend might have the fortune not to have faced such tragedy” the young knight said sternly, “but alas, I do not. I was present at the fall of Camelot, where treachery most foul brought down, not just a castle full o’ knights, but many innocents as well” the tone of his voice made Jingle pause. He continued. “I saw very good men and women, even close friends, slaughtered before mine eyes. More than that, it was the feeling that, e’verything we had worked for- fought so hard for- hath been taken from us. Believe me, o fair lady, that I do knowst of pain and loss.”
Jingle was speechless. Not only by the harshness of his words, but also, but the nobility behind them.
When next he spoke, Percival’s words were, however, softer. “My apologies, Lady Elf. I did not mean to frighten thee. But, know this: In times like this, is precisely, when we must be at our strongest, if we hope to make a difference. There is always time later, for mourning. See it this way: thine people are counting on thee now.”
-“You… are right, Sir Percival. Sorry…”

They looked at each other’s eyes, their stares lingering longer than they expected.
Shalcar noticed, and smiled. Damn, but Perci’s good with the ladies, even when he’s not trying!

Suddenly, however, Percival looked to the side, his expression growing grim.
-“Perc? What is it?” Shalcar said, worried.
-“I sense…evil.”
-“Where?? I don’t see-” the young cleric began to say, but then, before his eyes, several dark shapes began to appear, out of thin air, a short distance from them.
They where humanoid, but hulking, and stooped, covered in fur. They looked like midget, stooped Bigfoots.
-“AWGWAS!!” Jingle screamed.
-“What?” Shalcar asked.
-“Evil faerie folk!! But, but they were defeated long ago!!”
-“Well, they look pretty ready for a fight now!” the cleric countered.
-“Shalcar! Take the Lady Belle and continue! I shall take care o’ this foul beings!” Percival said, as he pulled out his bastard sword out of its sheat, with a shwiiing sound. The long blade glowed silver under the pale light of the moon.
-“What? No way!! There’s too many of them! I can’t leave you alone!!”
Percival was going to protest, but the troll-like beings charged at them, roaring.
Percival swung his sword, cleaving right thru several of the monsters, their blood dripping from his blade, as their bodies fell dead to the snow.
But still, more monsters surrounded him.
-“Do as I tell thee!! The lady’s security is our main concern! Furthermore, you needs to reach her people!”
Cursing, Shalcar decided to do as he was told. He began to drag Jingle Belle away.
-“Wait!” she screamed, “We can’t leave Percival alone!!”
-“Don’t worry, Perci has dealt with far worse situations” Shalcar said, trying to reassure himself as well as her.
But they had barely taken a few steps when more awgwas materialized in front of them!
-“YAAHH!!” Belle screamed in terror.
But then, Shalcar pulled out a HUGE steel hammer he had been carrying in the folds of his robe, and struck the nearest awgwa with such speed, neither it nor Belle could believe it!
The creature fell back, stunned.
Unfortunately, more of them kept coming out of the woods, making themselves visible only now. Shalcar and Belle were forced to retreat, back to where Percival was still fighting.
The two warriors stood on both sides of Belle, easily dispatching the monsters before they could reach her.
But they kept coming, seemingly in endless numbers.
Jingle finally snapped, not just tired of being scared, but of feeling useless in this fight.
Hadn’t she been granted the gift of Christmas Magic last year?? Which she was supposed to use only to help others- but surely, helping her defenders had to count!
She concentrated, calling at the power within her.
And it came, in the form of a glowing whirlwind that surrounded them!
-“What the-?” Shalcar barely had time to say, before the magical wind picked them up!
In the blink of an eye, they were gone from the forest!
And in another blink- they reappeared-
right outside Xmasville!
-“WHOA! You did that, Belle?”
-“Yes” she responded, somewhat winded.
-“So, WHY didn’t you do that BEFORE?” he asked.
-“Err… because I didn’t know I could?” she said, sheepishly.
Before either of them could say anything more, ANOTHER whirlwind- this one LARGER than the one Belle summoned- appeared out of nowhere, in front of them!
-“Um, Jingle, are you-”
-“No!” she quickly answered, and stared at the phenomenon as surprised as the others.
As suddenly as it came, the wind blew away, and in its place, stood a HUGE man- wearing a woodsman’s clothes, with long white hair and beard, and piercing, glowing eyes.
-“INTRUDERS!!” he roared. “HOW DARE YOU STRIKE AT THOSE UNDER MY PROTECTION!! FOR SUCH A CRIME, YOU WILL HAVE TO FACE THE WRATH OF AK, MASTER OF ALL MAGICAL WOODS!
-“Dost he mean…US?” Percival gasped.
-“Uh, Perc” Shalcar said in a low voice, “I think we’re in deep doo-doo.”

(NEXT: MORE RPGC people show up! But, on WHOSE side…?)

NOTE: Tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and, like most of you, I’ll be spending most of the day and night with my loved ones- and away from my PC. So, I fear I might not post. But, I’ll make up for it by posting like crazy this weekend.)

(Merry Christmas, BTW. :cool: )

W00t! Nicely done.

BTW, I personaly prefer longer chapters. But you do whatever you’re comfortable with.

Awgwas…I’ve heard that somewhere before.
Very nicely done.
Have a Merry Christmas, and enjoy the holidays.

So we now know a few more of the chess pieces. And that we have someone with some interesting Christmas abilities on our side. Nicely done Wil. Keep it coming, as soon as possible.

And to everyone, have a magical and extremely enjoyable Christams!

Kairi: Both the Awgwas and Ak are from L. Baum’s THE LIFE AND ADVENTURES OF SANTA CLAUS, which you might recall I said I was using as a reference, and has been adapted as a TV special at least twice.

Heaven’s Soldier: To find out how Jingle gained her Christmas Magic, read last year’s RPGC Xmas story!
(Aren’t I the self-promoter?) :hahaha;

More story tomorrow!!

I think you’re trying a little too hard to make percy sound knightly but all is good.

Still going strong, Wil.

Ah, well done!

I can help you with archaic English grammar if you like. But remember that it is: thou art. Also, note that thou is a personal form. When addressing someone respectfully with whom the speaker has no close relationship, the pronoun ye (obj. you) is used.

Very nice job Wil, Perc is kinda so knightly that he would shine in the dark :stuck_out_tongue:

Great Work Wil and Merry Christmas :slight_smile: