The Official Spiderman 2 Thread

There really wasn’t any Spidey sense of humour in it, though it was very good. ^^

I saw this movie today with my grandparents and my brother, and I absolutely loved it. I also liked it when my brother initiated the cries of “Take your child outside” when a kid in the front row wouldn’t stop crying.

OK, Saw it today. I was super Excited. I was bouncing around the house since 4:30 (It started at 8:00) and was REALLY looking forward to it. Saw it, and was…not as…I dunno…Happy with it as I thought I would be. While I didn’t enjoy it as much as the first, I think I’ll still see the next one, and get the DVD.

Just two things that really annoyed me.

[spoiler]What’s the deal with his arms? I mean, shit, they’re supposed to just be extensions of himself, but for some reason, they have a super-advanced AI system that just happens to want Doc Oct to do crazy shit.

The movie seemed very…stupid towards the end. Mary-Janes’ little speech just seemed retarded, and sounded like it belonged in some stupid Romance movie.[/spoiler]

Rudora: I haven’t seen the movie yet, but in the comics (at least in one story that I remember) Octopus speaks to his arms because… he’s insane. The accident that altered him damaged his mind. He has a “relationship” with his tentacles that is purely in his mind. That may not be evident in recent years, but Octopus, like other famous Marvel villains, has been reinterpreted in ways different from originally intended.

Of course, in the movie, it might be that his arms really are intelligent. Will get back to you once I see it.

well when you think about how SPIDERMAN has been interpreted the wrong way too, it really doesnt matter that doc ock aint what he used to be.

spiderman throws zero quips, zero witty retorts. he doesnt even make fun of the people he’s fighting.

Just saw it. Awesome movie. Go see it. Now.

I’d prefer it if he did talk to them because he went insane. But instead, they have super-advanced AI. Just doesn’t sit well with me.

Honestly, if I were a super hero, and I had a secret identity, when those kids were all like “we won’t tell,” I’d have been like “Sorry, kids, but that’s not the way this works.” Then I’d have killed everyone on the train. But then by the end of the movie, Spidey’s just showing off his secret identity to every damned person on the planet.

I haven’t seen the first one yet, but some friends took me to the second one the other night. I’ve never been the biggest Spidey fan (though I have some issues from the 80’s and early 90’s), so I wasn’t in a rush to see it, but it was pretty damn good, a lot better than I expected. I’d love to see some movies based on the comics that I was a fan of, but I don’t think anyone cared enough for there to be an Excalibur movie; it’d just be wrapped into the crappy re-write that is the X-Men movies.

It isn’t like everybody knows who he is. Just because he has his mask off doesn’t mean that people will know who he is on the street. I mean, come on, it isn’t like everybody in the city knows who Peter Parker is. One street car and all of his best friends is not a big deal.

Damnit, I need to see this film.

Oh, and Saturn, I’m hoping you know this since you mentioned some other X-men spinoffs. There was a one whose main character was the Juggernaut, and some woman called Amber. It rocked. I used to read it when I was younger and I can’t remember what it was called. Any ideas?

Saturn: I was a BIG fan of Excalibur too. Fun stories, great ideas, and wonderful art. One of the best X-Men spinoffs ever. (For those of you who don’t know, Excalibur was the British branch of the X-Men.) BTW there’s a new version of Excalibur right now, but it’s going to be an International Team, I think. Which is a cool idea. In fact, that WAS idea behind the New X-Men in the first place (which is why so many of the X-Men were from countries other than the US) but they moved away from it quickly.

Sorc: You’re right, just seeing Peter’s face won’t give his ID away. In fact, THAT was the point of one Spider-Man story, in which a hood saw his face and tried to sell his secret… only to realize he couldn’t hope to find ONE face in NY.
(Let’s hope Peter never appears in the News!) :slight_smile:

Pierson: I think you mean the first version of The Exiles, which was a team combining characters from Marvel with those from The Ultraverse (a company Marvel bought). Amber was from there. But it didn’t pan, and was cancelled with everyone returned to their proper worlds. (That team is not to be confused with the current Exiles, which is the X-Men’s version of SLIDERS. Cool concept, BTW.)

My single complaint:

Tobey Maguire sad:

Tobey Maguire angry:

Tobey Maguire surprised:

Tobey Maguire confused:

Tobey Maguire happy:

Other than that, the movie was awesome.