The Official Spiderman 2 Thread

I’ve actually enjoyed the movie a whole lot, I thought Doc Oc was a cool villain, even though he wasn’t all that menacing overall. All in all, a decent movie :slight_smile: Well worth seeing if only once.

Erg… I wanna see this movie so bad. O.x;; I’ve seen Spider-man at least 25 times. At LEAST. I use to let it just keep playing itself through on the TV when my computer was in the same room, and I’d still get transfixed to it. >.>; I’ll hopefully be seeing this movie Saturday.

just saw t, and I nearly pissed my pants, it was so good. As I wwas walking out, i heard someone say how all the movies were just “good effects, bad plot”. Man, it’s a SUPERHERO MOVIE. Of course the plot isn’t gonna be top-notch. But onsidering this movie involved a man who suddenly ACQUIRES 4 EXTRA, OCTOPUS-LIKE APPENDAGES, I think they did a good job with the plot, n’ stuff. So… yeah.

Er… Val… Your… Avatar… Yeah. >.>;; Kinda stretching things, if you didn’t notice.

Edit: ? It’s changed now? Am I the only one that saw a save 15 dollars on your cholesterol insurance or something…? Jesus. O.o; What the fuck.

What do you mean? I think it’s a damn good avatar.

I saw at as some banner thing… And it stretched your avvy section halfway across the post…

The movie was good, although its plagued by sudden slow downs, such as the talk between Peter and Aunt May and far too many internal conflict type scenes.

Probably one of the most moving scenes I’ve ever seen in a movie comes in at the end of the train scene, where they all put Peter above their heads and “surf” him backwards into the center of the car, and the kids return his mask to him.

Alfred Molina gave a stellar performance.

But I really think that this movie is just to set the groundwork for the other movies. While anybody who has read some of the comics will realize that there is a lot in this movie, it doesn’t feel like a lot. For example, a lot of characters are introduced - J.J. Jamison’s Son (the astronaut), Gwen Stacy (I think),Harry discovering the secret storage room, and seeing his father in a mirror, and you see Dr. Connors and the fact that he has one arm missing. While the movie stands well on it’s own, I really do think that this movie was only a stepping stone to bigger and better things.

I’d love to see the movie NOW, but I’m still reeling from my Shrek 2 experience. THIS time I’m going to wait for the furor to die down a little first. Instead, I think I’ll see Harry Potter 3, which I was waiting to do for exactly the same reason.

From all I’ve read, I expect to enjoy SM2 very much, thought.

I really liked it but I hope the third movie has more than just the Green Goblin as the villain. Craven would be best if they were following the comic, but Venom would be cooler.

What I think is gonna happen is they’re gonna have The Lizard and the new Goblin, with Venom being set up for the next movie.

yeah, if they decide to make a fourth movie, which they totally have to have one with venom. AND carnage! they introduced Jamesons son John, the ASTRONAUT! all we need is to go into space, get some drilling samples with a frozen alien symbiote from a nearbye asteroid, and bingo, we have venom! cuz you know they wont do a secret wars, that would be too cool.

andd oooommmmmgggg, this was a great movie, even better than the first! I loved it so much! cept tobey maguire still sucks! he had a couple more spider manerisms though like when he said “now what” when the thingy began to run on its own power.

I never thought doc ock was this cool.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot they introduced Dr. Connors. I always thought The Lizard was pretty cool.

Sadly Sam Raimi might leave after the third movie.
I heard they are going to get Guillermo del Toro, the guy who did Blade 2 and Hellboy to make the Spider-man movies after Raimi leaves.

One of my favorite scenes was when all the NY’ers were saying to Doc Ock that they have to go through them to get to Spidey, and he just shrugged and went “Okay,” and proceeded to own them all with almost no effort.

My favorite scene was the elevator scene.

“Where’d you get that costume?”
“uh…I made it.”

haha.

Everyone in the theater started cracking up when Spider-man said “It does ride up the crotch though.” :hahaha;

Say, that IS one thing nobody has talked about yet, and that I certainly hope it’s in the movie:

SPIDEY’S SENSE OF HUMOR!

He IS the Jerry Seinfield of Super Herodom, you know.
I always loved it when he would insult the villains. Not to mention it contrasted so much with the misery in his life.

So, IS he funny in the movie?

Spidey’s humor is NOT Jerry Seinfeld’s (nor is Jerry Seinfeld the greatest comic ever, but that’s a different debate). I would say Spidey’s humor is more reminiscent of Don Rickles.

I don’t know about the movie, but the game is making me go giddy up happy. ^^
(Should see the movie soon)

I was referring to the fact he’s the most famous superhero with a sense of humor. Anyway: Does he crack jokes at Octopus? (In the comics, he would get him so angry, he would trip over himself!)

The only thing I found strange was if Doc Ock needed to find Peter to learn Spider-man’s location (even though Peter is Spider-man), then why the hell did he throw a car at Peter, which would most likely kill him if he didn’t dodge it? (assuming Peter was a normal human, which Octopus thought he was.)