The New Quake2 Thread!!!!!!

You do realize that a ping of 350 means that everything actually happens only a third of a second after you do it, right? Doesn’t sound like much, but it’s actually a pretty big deal when you’re trying to hit a moving target.

Yeah, I heard that the dedicated server gave REALLY shitty ping. I don’t know why.

Why don’t we have the original Unreal tournament isntead. The game doesn’t even cost $10 Canadian anymore.

Because Quake 2 is God. Also I don’t suck at it too badly.

Because I’m not going to pay money for some old game I won’t play except for this summer, and I don’t like UT games much.

CTF is really, really fun, by the way.

I’ve been trying to convince people of the coolness of CTF since last summer! But no, just rarh rarh play DM so you can mush us with the rails Marlinnnn.

anyway, I’ll make a dedicated server for the summer and fun times will be held by all.

Stick the RPGC server into dedicated mode.

That’s an interesting idea… Could keep that up if it doesn’t slow down RPGC that much.

I’ve written some pretty nasty AI for UT, I could probably do it up for Q if you want some hardcore bot deathage as well.

Sweet shit! I just found a copy of Quake 2 for my palm pilot :smiley: If only I could get the mods and get it online.

CTF is good. CTF is very good.

eh, it’d be better just to run it off like my computer in the summer.

From what you people say this game is good, I’m downloading right now (the full)

After I finish, I’ll make a torrent of it and submit it to a traker giving another option for downloading.

Here is the full vertion torrent, I’m seeding right now, and I realy don’t know if it will work yet,nor how reliable the tracker is, but this will give slower connections the ability to resume downloads:

http://torrent.youceff.com/torrents/quake2stuff-v2.zip.torrent

Any bright ideas on how to do this WITHOUT Nero Image Drive? It crashes my computer every time I try to enable it, so FUCK THAT.

Daemon Tools. It’s free, simple, no nonsense, and it works.

EDIT: And please God no more City1 DM when we have less than ten people. X(

I want to play so damn badly :frowning: I don’t have enough space to install it on this computer, even if I did happen to delete everything else. Kind of sad…

I’ll try and beg my mother to let me install it on her computer and play it while she’s gone at work or something, hopefully.

Yeah, daemon tools or even alcohol 120%'ll work. You just need any virtual drive creator.

Daemon is free though. ^^

And on another note, nice sig Urk.

I might just be giving this a try sometime soon…if I do, I look forward to being fragged to hell and back by the lot of you. :slight_smile:

Hmm, seems that traker wasn’t reliable anyway…oh well.

And, yes, daemon tools works, I used it, and I always use it. If I can figure out how to get passed the securom protection on the UT2K4 disk, I will mount it on that too, I just get tired of people who take it out of the drive and toss it around like it isn’t worth anything…And yet it is worth alot more than them…