The New Harry Potter Movie

You thought so? To each his own I guess.

Accoring to some people (Imdb.com) during post of First Movie, Both Harry’s and Ron’s Actors’ Voice Broke, Most of the Lines had to be redubed, Since the orginal/non-American Vertion of Both Book and film is called Philosopher’s stone, not the Sorcerer Stone and their Characters’ dialoge referes to the Stone as the same as the Title.

I’ve not heard the American Dubbed parts.

I really like it, it was clevery put together.

That good huh? The third one really let me down. From the book I thought it’d be more dark and depressing, but the movie turned out to be really rushed.

I’ll see the fourth this Friday.

Just came home from seeing it with my family- now THAT’S a miracle in itself! It’s been a while since my family got together for a movie, mainly because they often find pirated copies and prefer to watch them than go to the movies. But tonight we all went together, and everyone enjoyed it!

I’ve been intentionally avoiding reading any of the novels precisely because of the points made above about how movie adaptations invariably change things or leave them out. I’d rather continue enjoying the Movie versions and find out about the book versions later. And yes, in my opinion all the HP movies are better than average and worth watching.

Goblet of Fire might be my favorite so far because it featured more action than average, also this time I didn’t even bother to try to solve the mystery (it’s hard to do that in a movie; in a book, you have plenty of time to think or reread before reaching the end) and instead just sat back to let the movie entertain me. Oh, there was ONE bit that I knew ahead of time- that Voldemort would escape at the end- because someone had told me back when GoF came out, but that actually prevented what would’ve been the only disappointment in the movie for me, so it was ok.

I enjoyed all the new characters, and I’m very impressed by the fact that I liked all the performances, even the minor characters’. And the SFX were all very well done. A great production, all around.

The whole Christmas Dance sequence had me in stitches!! :hahaha;

If I have one thing to criticize, it would be that the whole Triwizard tournament thing felt unjustifiably dangerous, particularly the part where the contestants’ loved ones were almost drowned. Maybe if there had been some prophecy or something that required its performance, but as far as I can tell, it was just for the glory of it.

Still, I had a great moviegoing experience; one of the best movies of the year, in my opinion.

One thing that the Christmas Dance had me wondering: what is the Wizard Community’s take on Christianity? Has that ever been covered?

The weren’t going to drown there. In the book, Harry gets a verbal bitchslaping for wasting his time trying to rescue all of them even though it was just a show set up by Dumbledore. The old man asked everyone to volunteer for the test and assured that they would not be harmed at all (The Mermen obeyed him after all).

[SPOILER]
Yeah, that makes sense, and is what I expected to happen, but not only it didn’t, but Harry got rewarded with Second Place for saving extra people. A big change from the book?

And did Harry KNOW they were in no danger? Or was that part of the test- to figure it out and have faith in the authorities?

What about the other tests? Where they REALLY dangerous to the contestants? Again: what was the point of all that? Why is the Goblet so important? I almost had the impression that it was a sign from a superior power or something (a Holy Grail reference??) And yeah, I know people in the real world often participate in pointless, extremely dangerous sports (mountain climbing, for example) but in such cases it’s always a natural danger they face (and by choice.) Society doesn’t accept creating mortal dangers for people to contest against (at least not since gladiatorial times.)[/SPOILER]

so far in my experience, the movies are much better than the books. when i watch the movie, it can be like any other cinematic adventure, but when i read the books, im consciously and unconsciously comparing jk rowlings prose to those of my favorite writers and it doesn’t stack up too well. if it weren’t for having seen the movies first and having such a resevoir of imagery to draw on, my enjoyment of the books would have been much less. also, i thought the director of the third one was definately the best so far, although i guess i agree the previous director was more “magical” or whatever.

and who cares about tits anyway? boobs are mostly for insecure latent homosexuals.

He still got rewarded for being “noble”, but Ron, Hermione and some others call him an idiot for wasting hi time (He would have gotten perfect score had he done things right).

Common sense, actually.

[SPOILER]Unlike for the hostages, the tests were all dangerous for the contestants because they got into the thing out of their own free will (Sans Harry, of course). Fleur got half-mauled by Grindylows (A horned water critter) during the lake test, Harry would have been attacked and probably severely wounded in the third test by a Sphinx had he not answered right and the Acromantula (Huge-ass spider) tried to eat him and Cedric and broke Harry’s leg. I suppose I don’t have to explain the risks involved with the dragon.

The tournament was a tradition for the best of the best, reason for why only 7th years were allowed, since they were nearly adults. The mages in Rowling’s books all accept danger as an everyday thing involved with magic. Heck, Quidditch is played while two melon-sized wood balls try to break your skull.[/SPOILER]

Actually, he came second in the book too, that’s why him and Cedric were on the same number of points for the last challenge.
Although the last challenge was changed and freakier. >>

erm…why not?

I have always wanted to do that too, lol.

Can you say, “Severed hand”? Seriously, the graveyard scene was pretty intense…I liked it. :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess it depends on who you are though, my 6 year old brother sat through the whole thing and was perfectly fine with it. His friend who was actually about a year older had to leave at the end of the maze though, she said it was too scary.

It was pretty much dark, i can see why they rated it pg-13. My mom even told me before they even rated the thing, that it would be a pg-13 movie, due to the darkness of the story. I mean I think that guys running around with black robes and skull masks is a bit scary for little kids. Especially when lord voldomord got his new body…he was odd looking, but to a little kid, it would probably be scary to see a guy who looks like a lizard. Plus they had a couple of scenes that made me jump, and would probably make little kids piss themselves.

The death eaters were remarkably well done. I had never envisioned them looking like that, but it fits so well. And the chanting was a brilliant addition as well; the death eaters were chillingly pulled off.

They were pretty freaky looking, and ya, i agree, they did a good job. And thats another reason why, kids are scared of things that look like they crawled outta hell, and start to chant crap and burn everything in site. I f i were ten years younger, i would have probably had nightmares for a little while. And they would be about scary looking guys burning my house while they are chanting a whole bunch of crap i cant understand.