The Greatest Game Ever Made

Haha! Ooops. That seems to be one weird game still.

I ate the kitty…

Which gives you the aggrevate monster intrinsic, which is great for combat oriented classes.

Something interesting that I noticed is that wearing a DSM forces polymorphs to be in to the same color dragon as the armor, regardless of polymorph control.

Just downloaded it. Going to see what this is all about.

Make sure to play in command-line. Tiles are no fun.

Agreed. It is highly underappreciated. April was the best protagonist a game ever had.

I need some good stuff to wish for with an archeologist. I just tryed to wish for a dwarvish mattock +2, but the genie gave me a brass wand instead >.<

First wish should, under almost all circumstances, be for a blessed greased +2 gray (or silver) dragon scale mail. A blessed bag of holding is always nice. Blessed greased +2 guantlets of power are handy. If your wish is by wand, a blessed scroll of charging is very important (more wishes). If you have a SDSM, then you should probably get a blessed fireproof +2 cloak of magic resistance. Blessed greased +2 helms of brilliance can be useful. As for weapons, Archeologists can get expert in the silver saber, making blessed +2 Grayswandir (arguably the most powerful weapon in the game) perfect for you.

That help any Mr. Mole?

How do you wish for a specific object? How do you wish at all, in fact?

Wishes can be obtained from wands of wishing, releasing genies from magic lamps and smoky potions(the later seldom occurs), releasing a water demon from a fountain has a 1 in 20-dlvl chance of granting a wish, one possible outcome of #sitting on a throne is being granted a wish. I think that’s all of the ways, I might be missing some.

I remember you said something about armour, but I couldn’t remember it’s name. Thanks. I got this wish out of lamp, I had one previously out of water demon on level 2.

What role do you all play as? I cant really decide which i like the best, but i usually play as tourist or archaeologist.

forgot to mention: the guantlets and helmet should be wished rustproof. GDSM gives magic resistance, which protects against magic missiles, death spells, wands of striking, magic traps, and many other things. SDSM grants reflection which causes most spells and wands to bounce of you… Both can only be gotten from outside sources. All DSMs weigh a mere 40 making them the second lightest armor in the game and lower your AC by a base of 9. You may want to consider wishing for 2 of whatever you wish for, you won’t always get 2 but you will always get one. That way you have a backup for in case something bad happens to the first one.

I play samurai mostly, though as of late I have been just setting everything to random and letting it fly.

Anyone know where I can find spoilers for differences between slash’em and nethack?

Dwarf Archeologist 90% of the time. Otherwise it’ll be Orc Barbarian or Human Monk. Tourist can be easy to play if you find a shop early on.

Samurai have little need for money. Hachi: fetch that long sword over there! Splint mail is one of the better armors (it’s no DSM but it’ll do), yumi is the best bow, and katana is one of the best one hand weapons.

Okay, for the second time in a row I find the first level of the dungeon to not have any way to the next level; is there something I’m missing? is this a common error? Is there some trick I’ve missed? I searched all the tiles for hidden doors three times over, and to no avail.

And yes, I know what stairs look like.

Gotta keep searching, it doesn’t work every time. Also, secrets aren’t always in rooms, try searching corridors that lead to nowhere. I got stuck like that alot, before becoming an Archeologist. MINE YOUR WAY OUT!

Just be careful when you’re whacking that ‘s’ key that something doesn’t come up and kill you. Happened a few times to me.

Pierson: type ninsert number heres to search multiple times. you will stop if something happens, such as a monster entering the room. much better than leaning on the key.

Cool. :smiley: