The Grandia Series... GOOD or BAD?

The other day looking through the games at my local EB store i saw the original Grandia game for sale.

The price $45. By looking at the back it looks like a decent RPG game, and im always on the lookout for a new RPG to conquer.

Just curious if anyone has any opinions on the Grandia series…

Should i buy the game? I mean it looks like standard RPG fare…
But i really want a RPG game along the vein of FF2, FF3… Is Grandia worth a shot?

:kissy:  ::doh::

This is in the wrong forum, sorry.

Not no mo it ain’t. Anyway, despite the fact that I haven’t played any Grandia game, 45 is a bit much for a PSX game that you could probably find cheaper at a Game Stop used or online.

i’ve played grandia and it’s a decent game. if u have the money… buy it… it’s great if u’re an rpg fan :smiley:

EDIT: Misread.

I know, hence the comment :stuck_out_tongue:

1-I heard good things about it
2-EB rips people off 95% of the time. Any PSX game other than Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears or Suikoden 2 above 40 dollars is a rip off.

EB over prices everything!!! even gamestop is better. :fungah: :fungah: :fungah: I HATE EB!!!

:cool:
Grandia is an excellent rpg, trust me on this. also the game is huge and it takes ages to finish. the ONLY thing that isn’t good about it is that i found it a little on the easy side.

and what is this thread doing here anyway?

points at Favourite RPG on sitebar

I kinda fail to understnad how this is in the wrong forum. It’s not for the other forums, I’ve seen.

I have both Grandia games, and they are both really cool. But the first one is probably the better of the two. So I would really suggest you get it, but try to find it cheaper!!

The first CD has a bit of a kiddy feeling. Mostly because it focuses on the characters and has a cheery mood most of the time. It does have plot, but it’s not until you reach disc 2 that it really embellishes and becomes more dramatic.

Originally posted by StarStorm
I kinda fail to understnad how this is in the wrong forum. It’s not for the other forums, I’ve seen.

it was in the ffc forum at first.

Dude, are you kidding? The Grandia series kicks ass. Like Sin said though, EB is NO place to buy games unless you want to pay more than it’s worth.

Originally posted by Sinistral
2-EB rips people off 95% of the time. Any PSX game other than Valkyrie Profile, Xenogears or Suikoden 2 above 40 dollars is a rip off.

I must be part of the lucky 5%. I bought a used game from them and they said that I have a life time warranty on it (I just have to show them the receit and I’ll get another copy). Also, a friend of mine bought a used PSX from them that was broken and they gave him a brand-new one in exchange. I’m not saying that the price isn’t a bit of a rip-off, but I’ve found EB pretty good. Plus, they buy game systems for $50 no matter what condition.

I look at EB’s prices. I look at Ebay and other places that have things cheaper by at least 10 bucks. I look at what EB wants to give me for my stuff. I look at Ebay, I can sell stuff usually for WAY more. I wanted to sell my GBA. EB: 20 bucks. wtf. I call up sat;40 bucks.

yes, grandia 1 is a decent rpg, i recommend it. grandia 2 is even better. and grandia xtreme is a lot of fun as well. all around, great series.

Sin, EB does that cos they’re a business, they gotta make money. :stuck_out_tongue: They’ll do some cheap ass things, it happens. But, unlike Ebay, you’ve got a bigger safety net, what with the warranties and all. Remember that Ephemeral Fantasia game you got me? The “Mint Condition” one? Well, let’s just say it was in much less mint of condition than you might have expected. :stuck_out_tongue: Luckily I can still play through the game, but my POINT is…with Ebay, it is a gamble, and you can never get that money back.

I’ve only played the second Grandia, I have wanted to play the first one I heard it isn’t bad… Grandia 2 didn’t really do it for me though. I didn’t like it.