The Fayth's Dream (FFX Spoilers)

Originally posted by Cidolfas
Hmm… interesting. I didn’t get that at all for the “good” ending for me. All I got was Hitting X when Yuna was in the Farplane got a kind of “ghost Tidus” embracing her, but he never spoke. I never got that movie, so I thought that you only saw the movie in the perfect ending. The perfect ending has one extra scene besides the movie and that’s it. It’s a neat scene though.

That’s really weird. I just beat the game again with 100% and the ghost Tidus scene at the Farplane was the only thing I got. I didn’t see any movies after the credits rolled, it just showed “The End” screen. I must say I’m really pissed about that. So basically I got shit for getting 100% aside from the normal ending at the Blitz Stadium and the ghost Tidus thing instead of Bahamut’s Fayth asking if Yuna wants to see someone.

OK… I’ve figured out what generates what.
-Pressing X in the Farplane in chapter 3 a few times gets you the FMV ending with Tidus. Otherwise you’ll get the ghost Tidus scene in the end rather than the Bahamut’s fayth scene.
-Getting 100% gets an extra scene after the FMV ending.
So I guess you do need to redo the game again. >_< That sucks.

There’s also a part where you have to talk to Machean in Guadosalam during Chapter 3, in Leblanc’s house. I don’t believ eit counts towards the 100%, and if you don’t do it, you won’t get good or perfect ending.

Fuck, that really sucks. >_< It only took about 8 hours or so to get through it the second time jsut doing the hotspots so maybe I’ll give it a go tomorrow. Wish the damn Brady game guide could be just a LITTLE more specific… :fungah:

Cid: According to the guide, the “endings” are all part of the SAME ending, it’s just that, doing all that stuff (pressing X, getting 100%, etc.) allows you to see MORE scenes that are part of it. Do you guys agree? Or think they’re too different to fit together? Keep in mind that thru the game, Yuna WAS telling the story, as if the whole thing had been a flashback, to somebody- obviously Tidus. That means that, regardless of what you DO in the game -other than winning- Tidus DOES come back.

And no, I haven’t seen the endings yet -I’m just getting into the Farplane now- but feel free to tell me, as spoilers don’t bother me.

I think they all build upon each other, but at the same time you really have to see the “good” ending (where Tidus comes back in Besaid and him and Yuna walk off together before it really brings the event’s in X to a conclusion.

My friend recently finished the game at 98% complete and got the Besaid scene. I’m not sure if he pressed X in Chapter 3 though.

Wilfredo: It’s not true. If you get the regular “bad” ending or the “ghost Tidus” ending, in neither of them does Tidus come back. Only if you get the “good” or “perfect” endings does he come back. I’ll agree that the “perfect” ending is the same as the “good” ending but with an extra scene, and ditto for the “good” ending as far as the “bad” ending goes. But the “ghost Tidus” ending is kind of a “bad good” ending and is separate from everything. Or something. -_-

So is it possible to get the extra scene for the perfect ending AND see the ghost Tidus scene at the same time?

Definitely not.

For the “elitist completist”, it’d be best to give the sphere to both sides, one on each game. Then play through the game a third time to have 3 Iron Duke accessories. Besides, if you’re into mastering the game, you can’t get all the Garment Grids on one game anyway.

About the Fayth’s Dream…[spoiler]At the end of X-2, Tidus had a theory about how he was brought back to Spira right? Whether he is part of the Fayth’s dream or not is still a mystery. Think there’ll be an X-3 coming out with Tidus as the leading character again? I know that Square-Enix said something about not making FFX-3… But there are lots of things left unsolved in X-2, such as why unsents were turned into fiends, how pyerflies were brought into existence… Actually… Pyerflies were released after Trema shattered the spheres he collected right? So that means pyerflies originates from broken spheres?

Speaking of Trema… It took me quite a while to beat that DBZ-wannabe guy. I was pulling my hairs out when I lost to him like 5 times in a row… But I feel proud of beating him though after countless tries~ I only have one Iron Duke even though it’s my third play-through of the game… So I really suck.[/spoiler]

Pyreflies and unsent etc. are just part and parcel of the FFX world and don’t necessarily need an explanation.

Quite frankly, I’m sick of Spira. 8p I don’t think an FFX-3 is justified.

I agree with Ciddy. I’m sick of Spira as well, unless they want to make it in an entirely different time period or soemthing so its not the SAME characters and the SAME places again.

There’s quite a bit in other FF’s they could elaborate on if they wanted to but I don’t think its very likely they will.

FFX-3: Powderpuff Angels Full Throtle!

Cid: As a writer, I can tell you, the pyreflies NEED an explanation. Not HOW they work -that’s part of the “suspension of disbelief” needed to enjoy ANY Fantasy story- but the PEOPLE’S reaction to them. Basically: HOW come the people of Spira never realized how much these things have affected their history?? I mean, at the VERY least, they’re responsible for fiends, and the most, for the Dream Zanarkand. And they have been around for at LEAST a thousand years… and most people never realized their importance? DESPITE seeing fiends and Aeons dissolve into them? Only Maechen, to my knowledge, remarked on them. Heck, most people consider them a tourist attraction! (In the Moonflow.) Plus, again, it is important to understand WHY they show up at some places but not others (Like, showing up at Shujin’s deathsite in time to create his shadow. How conveeeenient! )

Thought I’m beginning to fear that these points won’t be answered in the game.

And I agree with you, BTW- they pretty much squeezed all the stuff out of Spira in this game… I don’t foresee a sequel.

Come to think of it… You guys are right, I’m kinda sick of Spira too. If they make drastic changes on Spira’s landscape and stuff, then that’s another story. Before X-2 came out, there were rumors going around saying that there will be two versions of FFX sequel, a Yuna version and a Rikku version. But then Square abandoned the idea and made X-2 instead. However, in one of the cut-scenes on the Celsius Rikku asked Yuna if she’d have her own story someday and stuff like that , think Square-Enix’s trying to imply something? I think Square-Enix added that scene there just to give us false hope for another sequel. Either way, yupyups I think I had enough of Spira. :boring:

Wil: I don’t believe anyone outside of the Summoners and Guardians really know about the Dream Zanarkand even existing, they probably just took the pyreflies and aeons for granted, probably asking about that would be considered sacreligous (sp?) by the temples. So probably nobody ever bothered questioning the temples, cept maybe the Al Behd but the game kind of explains their idea of the pyreflies.