The definition of pain

My workmate Ginge, who spends all day playing on a GBA emulator on his PC, today took delivery of a brand-spanking new rom of FFT-A, and proceeded to play it almost non-stop. However, he unfortunately forgot to save.

7 hours into the game, he died.

He took it surprisingly well- apparently you couldn’t hear the swear words in the other room :get it?:

Oh, and I’m back, by the way :wink:

anyone who’s played any rpg in his entire life and doesn’t save semi regularly is a moron.

Anyone who trusts an electronical device is a moron.

Welcome back, Neb.

I don’t get why some people don’t save regularly on games, especially if they want to complete it. I usually die at least once during an RPG, but I save frequently, so it’s never a problem.

pain ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pn)
n.
An unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder.
Suffering or distress.
pains The pangs of childbirth.
pains Great care or effort: take pains with one’s work.
Informal. A source of annoyance; a nuisance.

That’s gotta be tough. See I hear about all these times and I don’t let 15 minutes go by without saving if possible :stuck_out_tongue: I’m obsessive.

Originally posted by Tenchimaru Draconis
pain ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pn)
n.
An unpleasant sensation occurring in varying degrees of severity as a consequence of injury, disease, or emotional disorder.
Suffering or distress.
pains The pangs of childbirth.
pains Great care or effort: take pains with one’s work.
Informal. A source of annoyance; a nuisance.

You beat me to it ;_;

Originally posted by Sinistral
anyone who’s played any rpg in his entire life and doesn’t save semi regularly is a moron.

Unless of course you’re playing a game like Diablo 2 hardcore.

Save points are for the weak!!!

Not seriously, but it was too funny to write it =P

Save POINTS are alright, but with games like LUNAr, where you can save whenever, wherever, I think it’s cheap.

I agree with Val there. If you can save 2 seconds before a boss, you can try it, if you don’t make it, turn around. In other games, you may have to replay through a fun dungeon! :smiley:

jesus thank you… i thought this was going to be some depressed thread.

Originally posted by Silhouette
jesus thank you… i thought this was going to be some depressed thread.

Nobody loves me, life sucks, I want to die!

Hugs Val tightly
No you don’t, silly Val :slight_smile:

That’s not pain! Try having a metal rod attached to your spine loose and poke at your back.

Anyway, I agree with Sin, those who don’t save regularly are complete idiots.

Welcome back Neb.

I’m obssessive when it comes to saving. If it’s a game where I can save at any time, I do it at least twice a minute.

Originally posted by Booken
Hugs Val tightly
No you don’t, silly Val :slight_smile:

Quiet, you! You couldn’t possibly know the suffering I’ve lived through, pain and horror that goes on within my tortured, angsty teenage soul! NO ONE DOES!

I’m so alone…

/me turns on some Creed.

I save alot on games like Baulders gate or tactical rpgs(after every battle)

Originally posted by Urkani
/me turns on some Creed.

AH! THE PAIN!