The Booze thread. What do you drink?

Basically everything

Nothing, for various reasons. I do miss my gin & tonics, though.

I love a good Hefeweizen, especially if it’s on tap.

If I want to get drunk at a party as quickly as possible, nothing is better than Dr. Pepper and [any alcohol here]. Seriously. You can go as high as a 50/50 mix ratio and the alcohol taste is not that strong.

If I want a quality mixed drink that tastes good, nothing tops a good gin and tonic, but I’m usually disappointed in the ones that I have. My “safe” drink is the whiskey sour, which is awesome because it sounds like a really manly drink, but it’s actually very lemony and doesn’t taste much like alcohol.

If I drink anything, I go for Rum. I prefer it mixed with cola, but straight up is fine too. Other hard liquors are also ok. I don’t drink beer of any sort at all.

You would probably like a Double Gonorrhea then, Spoony. I don’t know the mix ratios due to the fact my roomies’ and mine bartender came up with it on the spot, but it’s Myer’s Dark Rum, 151, Malibu Coconut, and kahlua in a pint glass.

That is the most unappetizing name for anything ever. But the mix sounds pretty good.

You guys need some of Professor Calculus’ alcoholism pills. :frowning:

Well the name has history behind it. Our bartender once told us this story about how he got gonorrhea TWICE from the same girl. Essentially, he contracted a case of double gonorrhea. We found it funny, so the next time we were in the bar, my roomie ordered a Double Gonorrhea for all of us. Steve came up with that rum mix.

Mostly martini’s, my favorites are the Gold Martini(1.5 ounces gin, .5 ounce of citron vodka, 1 ounce Cointreau, .25 ounce brandy, 2-3 slices fresh ginger, and a candied ginger slice) or the Perfect Martini (2 ounces gin, .5 dry vermouth, .5 sweet vermouth, dash of orange bitters, and an orange slice).I’m also partial to the occasional drink of champagne or a Three Floyds Oak Aged Dark Lord Russian Imperial Stout.

Long Islands. One too many, last night.

Jack

Stolichnaya.

All I’ve had is Smirnoff, Jager, and Jack D. Jager gooooood.

Whiskey.

Either straight out of the bottle, on ice, or with A&W.

Yes, Whiskey and Rootbeer. It’s what the air in heaven surely must taste like.

Oh, Newcastles and Tequizas and Grolsch for me otherwise.

I want some rootbear now :confused:

The sun has risen.

JD is the worst liquor I’ve ever tasted in my life.

Whiskey in general is not very good straight up. But Jack’s oh christ. You have problems if you drink that straight up. And this comes from a guy who drinks vodka straight. Crappy vodka.

raises hand

I love whiskey by itself. And by love, I mean I can tolerate it if I don’t have any available chase or very little of it.

JDs is the shit, by the way.