Thank God I didn't join the Air Force.

Actually, both of you are wrong. It is the Secretary of the Air Force that is in charge, however, there is some person below him that would most likely make the decision.

The break down of the heads, beside Secretary of Defense, Vice President, and at the top our favorite President…

Army - Secretary of the Army
Air Force - Secretary of the Air Force
Navy - Secretary of the Navy
Marine Corps - Secretary of the Navy (the Commadant usually makes decisions for Marines though and he is a General)

Oh, well then poo. Secretaries? Are they appointed by the president?

As far as I know, yes.

“But Do any of them Type?” - Yes, Minster (BBC)

–Infonick said something about people going in ahead to establish bases, so camoflague would be needed. But I don’t think the air force is in the business of establishing bases in hostile territory. They send in planes from already established bases, so camoflague for non-urban settings is not necessary.

They ussaly don’t make bases untill the army gets there. The some of the Bombers for the Iraq war flew from England. I know that Some Air craft of Can be up in the Air and be re-fueled mid air, a bit Dangerus, requires formation Flying.

For the Falklands (the last British war), We Brits used ships with Harrier Jump Jets on them. They can fly backwards on a good day, on a bad day just stop mid-air and get the Bogey in front of your Missiles. (Ka-boomes?)

Big Nutter

Wrong wrong wrong. I’ve already said, the Air Force has “Combat Controllers” who go in ahead to setup run ways. You don’t setup in base in a hostile territory, you may setup a base in a hostile country, but not in hostile terriotry. Run ways are a different thing. Sort of think of We Were Soldeirs when they blew down the trees to create a landing area. The Air Force has guys that do that and more. One of the reasons they may go in is because part of the plan or best route may be to use air, but we don’t have a neighboring country that will let us use their facilities. Just think of Northern Iraq and how Turkey wouldn’t let us in.

Actually, the Marines are usualy the first to an area, not the Army. Also, camp is usally setup in an area, not a base. A camp is a temporary place where supplies can be sent and is a sort of a grouping area. A base is a more permanent installation.

Also, you are worng in assuming that each branch works independently of each other. All of the rbanches work together in combat, especially the Marine Corps and Navy.

I was actualy kidding. Since:

1. It would be amost impossible to e-mail or call the secretary of the airforce on phone
  2. “President of the Air Force” just sounds goofy, and i was hoping someone would get a laugh out of it (as most of my posts are)

Of course if i have to explain the joke, it must not have been very good.

While mentioning the Secretaries don’t forget the Commander in Chief George W. Bush- he’s the big boss. Scary.

I didn’t forget that, like said, and at the top is our favorite President…Mr. Bush.

BMO, I got the call them up part, but the President part seemed like a honest mistake I could see someone doing.

I thought Colin Powell is in charge of Defence of America. Was he in charge of the US forces as a general (4 stars?), and Bush Sr invaded Iraq?

Schwarzkopf(or however it’s fucking spelled) was in charge back in the day. At least I’m pretty sure… I really need to start reading up on more current history than the world wars

I prefer the old uniforms. Glad I didn’t have to wear those new ones.

Collin Powell is the Secretary of State, Donald Rumsfeld is the Secretary of Defense. Colin Powell has no say over what hapens in the military really. He has influence, but no official control.

Why does the Air Force need camouflage on their uniforms? They’re in the planes! Spend less money on camo uniforms and more money on camo paint!

Because not everyone in the Air Force flies a plane.

Blue doesn’t make sense though. What are you gonna blend in with that’s blue?

Blue painted buildings.

The Blue will serve us very well when we get around to invading Atlantis.

Now it makes sense. Blue…the sky…air force…get it…duh!