Thank God I didn't join the Air Force.

http://www.af.mil/stories/story.asp?storyID=123005370

Ew.

Ew? I think it looks pretty slick. Especially if you turn the hat backwards >>;

I liked the green one better.

Bah, green is such an offensive color. These new ones are a nice cool blue and easy on the eyes.

The uniform sucks for several reasons:

1. It is impractical, it doesn’t have many pockets.
  2. Blue, eh? Yeah, that’ll work well in the field.
  3. No perma-creases or anything.
  4. It’s fucking blue.

It it is a major step back. Marine digis may not look the best, but at least theya re practical and will reduce the enemy’s chance of spotting you. With that uniform, they might as well put a big red “X” on their chest.

You may be saying, they’re good for parachuting. Maybe, but the big parachute and plane aren’t exactly the most unnoticible things. Also, what about when the parachute gets to the ground? Plus, gear is green or brown, it won’t match or work well with the uniform.

You’re right, being easy on the eyes is the best thing in combat. Afterall, we don’t want to strain the enemies eyes when they are looking for us.

Marine digitals make the most of how eyes work by making it harder for the eye to distinguish. Digital blend well as a uniform and break up outlines better because of that.

Oh yeah, Info. You’re absolutely right. Green works better in Iraq. It camoflages you FLAWLESSLY what with all the sand around you. They’d never know you were there. Let’s face it, color is the last thing that matters in any real situation. Even in a boreal forest, your green camo suits stick out like a ruby in a pile of diamonds. At least these new ones look totally awesome.

And if I was a pilot, I wouldn’t be carrying around any gear other than my plane. Waste of my time and the government’s money.

That is why we also have digital deserts. We have TWO new uniforms, digital greens and digital deserts. Also, Iraq is greener than you think. Green would work much better in Iraq than blue. Also, some guys have worn green in Iraq. You can find some pictures of soldiers in Iraq wearing the green cammies. Also, fade the green cammeis anough and they will blend in with a desert back ground. Also, in a green environment, the old cammies work better in blue. Blue sticks out like a sore thumb verus a green background. Also, digitals work better. If you have seen the digitals in a forest, you’d admit that they blend very well. Hell, you could look at a bunch of Marines close together and the onyl thing that will really stick out is their heads. Also, we know that cammies don’t completely hide us, it just helps and reduces how much you stick out. I was watching a thing on the History Channel one time and it had a thing about the digitials. It had 3 Marines standing in a forest by a grassy field. They were just standing there and it was hard to see them. I didn’t seen them until they stepped a couple feet into the field. Plus, digitals have shoulder pockets to make it easier to carry things and slanted velcro pockets on the chest to make pulling stuff out of them easier. Yesterday I saw pictrue of the old cammies and the new cammeis in a greener part of a desert, the blue stuck out like a sore thumb.

Also, believe it or not Hades, most Airmen aren’t pilots. Hell, pilots don’t even wear cammies, they wear flight suits to help reduce the G-force on their bodies. To be a pilot, you have to be an officer, and most Airmen aren’t officers. Also, I’m sure you’ve heard of planes being shot down. Also, pilots carry a lttle bit of water and a pistol.

Er, does camo even matter when you’re moving around? Yeah, foliage sure does like walking around.

Ok. So you have yellow uniforms for the desert. Green for forests. And now you have blue for sky :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know how this thread turned into an argument about ground camo. These are pilots we’re takling about. Unless by airforce you mean infantry who are only in the “airforce” by name.

And judging by your last edit, that’s apparently EXACTLY what you mean. God damn.

You can change your movement. If you are running around you’ll stand out, but if you move low and slow, you’ll reduce the chance of being spotted.

Hahaha, Hades, the military isn’t for fasion, it’s for killing.

SURELY YOU JEST!!!

Did you even read the second part of my reply?

Also, believe it or not Hades, most Airmen aren’t pilots. Hell, pilots don’t even wear cammies, they wear flight suits to help reduce the G-force on their bodies. To be a pilot, you have to be an officer, and most Airmen aren’t officers. Also, I’m sure you’ve heard of planes being shot down. Also, pilots carry a lttle bit of water and a pistol.

Some Airmen work on the ground. Some do infantry stuff by preparing landing areas. Like I said, not all Airman are pilots. Not only that, but pilots don’t wear cammies, they wear flight suits.

Also, the whole “air force by name” comment is stupid. Belive it or not Hades. We have a Army, a Navy, a Air Force, and a Marine Corps. Each branch is independent of the others. Each branch has pilots and planes, the Air Force just specializes with them. Just because a Marien flies a jet, doesn’t mean he’s not a Marine and now is part of the Air Force. Far from it, he is just a Marine pilot. Same thing that if a Airman does something on the ground, it doesn’t make him a Marine or Soldier.

I miss the days of bright red uniforms marching along the field of battle in lines.

Don’t forget the big white “X” across the chest.

Technically, the Marines are part of the Navy.

Yes, yes we are a part of the Navy. We are a division of the Navy, however, we are still a seperate branch of service.

Technically, the Air Force is too.

The airforce broke off from the Army back in WW2, they started as the Army Air Corps. It’s been quite a while since they have had any affiliation.

As for the new cammies, I do see how they wouldn’t be practical on the field, but since I don’t think the Airforce does too many feld ops that they will be fine. Seems more like a Navy thing, blue on blue say if a ship sank would be hard for enemys to pick up.