Teen Titans

It’s actually quite humorous how quite many of DC’s heroes shows’ have been putting up a string of cameos - so far, TT is the only one with no such cameos.

I remember Static Shock having one such episode where Batman comments on Static “Meeting the Titans soon enough.”, and in a JLU ep, an older Static was a part of the team.

Wasn’t Kid Flash Wally West, the Flash in the currently airing Justice League?

Mab: The continuity of the TV JL is not the same as in the comics. Yes, Wally west was Kid Flash, then took over the Flash role when his uncle (Barry Allen) died, BUT Allen has never appeared in the cartoons; far as we know, he’s the only Flash ever there. Similar deal with the Hal Jordan Green Lantern. He appeared once, but only during a reality shift, so whether he exists (or existed but is lost or dead) in JLU is unknown.

As for TT, they claim they don’t want to use characters like the Justice League because they wnt to focus only on the Titans and related characters. If so, then why all the hints about Batman (see the Robin as Slade’s Apprentice 2-parter) and about Robin’s true name (see the episode “Fractured.”)? My guess is that, when they gave the studio that is doing TT the rights to use some DC characters, DC intentionally told them NOT to use the JL characters, probably to avoid conflict with the JL people.

Too bad. A JL/TT crossover would rule. Especially with Slade as one of the villains.

That would rule.

In one JLU, they had it where Green Lantern kept changing from the black GL to the white GL.

IC rocked even if it was just for that.

I’m not entirely sure the terribleness of the ending is entirely balanced out by Slade.

I hated Identity Crisis. It was obviously a way to kill off several characters that were going to be killed off anyway (like Firestorm) in one story, as well as darkening the DC Universe by revealing how the Justice League (or part of it) had secretly brainwashed several villains. Not to mention it has plot holes you can drive trucks thru (like the way Jean Loring knew that many heroes’ secret identities- that’s Pre-Crisis stuff.) Not to mention that now, everybody’s going to try to imitate the series’ style. (Rumor is Blue Beetle is getting killed off next. First Elongated Man’s wife, then BB? Yeesh, is there no room for humor in the DC Universe anymore? At least the cartoon STILL has some!)

(My personal theory is that Loring is NOT the killer. She’s somebody else’s pawn. Like Luthor…)

I knew Deathstroke could hold his own against the JL, tho. He did the same against the Titans many times (and in the comics they’re THOUGHER.) Just wait until he falls in one of Batman’s traps, tho. ^_~

I like Teen Titans. I read the comic. Watched the cartoons. But I cannot stand Puffy Amiyumi. They annoy me to no end. I really wish they didn’t do the theme song. Then again, that’s what the mute button is for.

On the not plot related episodes they have some decent music. I really like Mumbo’s song.

Mumbo has to be one of my favorite villians

On one hand, you have Slade pwning.

On the other hand, you have a subpar ending that is at least 1000 times better than most anime endings I’ve seen (gotta keep this on the forum’s topic, after all).

It’s balanced.

Completly off topic, but I remember in a really old Justice League or Super Friends episode, Green Lantern and Superman merged together, it was so awesome. It just flashed back and forth between the two of them :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah but Jean Loring? And they even caught her out by the stupidest detective cliche ever! “But how could you have known that, we never told that to anyone! OH WAIT YOU DID IT!!”

Jean Loring was stablished as having gone insane (due to her immense psychic powers being activated) in a story back in the 70’s. And yes, back then the Justice League members not only told each other their secret identities, they allowed each other’s loved ones to know as well. But that was before the The Crisis (The first big reboot of DC Comics’ continuity.)

In the current version, not all Justice League share their IDs (In took Batman and Superman years to do so) and I doubt they would have allowed each other to tell their relatives. Now, Elangated Man (stupidly) made his ID public years ago, so the fact that his wife was going to be a target sooner or later made sense, but how did Loring know about Robin’s father? Oh, and since Loring never had psychic powers in this version (far as I know) WHY did she go insane?

BTW, Batman DID figure out it was her on his own, she just tripped up before they could go after her.

Why did they put her in Arkham Asylum, a place that holds the WORST insane criminals (who immediately go after her) and NEVER manages to cure any of them? And no, the JLA didn’t erase her memories, so she’s STILL a threat, all she has to do is reveal all the heroes’ secret IDs and their lives are ruined.

The whole thing’s a mess. -_-

Anime humour has never really appealed to me. I know what you mean.

Good point that, but as I said, it’s better than a good portion of anime endings. Besides, they stuck her into Arkham because it’s the only well-known asylum in DC universe. No other good reason except for that.