Swedish Foreign Minister Anna Lindh has been brutally stabbed to death...

Originally posted by Weiila
It will most certainly hurt us - to which degree is yet to be seen however. As Jing said our politicians have been used to walking around freely, now that will most probably be a problem.

Yeah, that was on one of our news headlines: Politicians in Scandinavia are used to walk around freely among the voters; Will this effect the matter negatively again? I mean, should the people who decide really be guarded up so tight in the case of a voter who is displeased with the results?

Heck, several of our ministers have been in concerts, marathons and other similar happenings, and nothing has happened. Will this ‘freedom’ become diminished?

It sounds planned to me. A mugger would just hide, then jump out; he wouldn’t stalk the victim until the time was right.

And yes, this is sad. I just hope Swedish politicians don’t become the tank surrounded politicians the US has.

Originally posted by d Galloway
[b]It sounds planned to me. A mugger would just hide, then jump out; he wouldn’t stalk the victim until the time was right.

And yes, this is sad. I just hope Swedish politicians don’t become the tank surrounded politicians the US has. [/b]

That would be horrible.

Really, really bad.

And isn’t it ironic that she died on 11th September?

Not really. It adds to the events that makes the day special though.

Chile, World Trade Centre, and now the death of Annda Lindh and my stepfamily granddad. At least, both of them got huge parades.

Norwegian politicans will continue to go without bodyguards, at least, that’s what they want and say themselves.

And isn’t it ironic that she died on 11th September?

i-ron-y (n)

1. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
    An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
    A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.

2. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Hyde noted the irony of Ireland’s copying the nation she most hated” (Richard Kain).
    An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.

3. Dramatic irony.

4. Socratic irony.

Uh… no. Not at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

It would if she had something to do with Sept. 11th or more accurately something to do with the aftermath; I dunno anything about her so I’m just guessing, but perhaps she had some not so kind words to say about the US’ involvement in Afghanistan or Iraq?

Originally posted by Exo
Hmmm it was bound to happen… :mwahaha: And they say things happen for a reason. :wave:

Exo, do us all a favor and shut the fuck up you dipshit.

Cyber: Eh, I guess I throw that word around a little too easily. How about “twisted”?

Well, seems that they have found a suspect now after scanning the knife for fingerprints, and the hunt is on. Hopefully he’ll get caught.

Damn, that is sad.

But you never know, the murder may have just been one of these weird stalker people, not really a political assassin.

Originally posted by StarStorm
Exo, do us all a favor and shut the fuck up you dipshit.

Don’t take him so seriously, he WANTS reactions like this. :stuck_out_tongue:

X: Well, she was probably the most Bush-critical of them all in the Swedish goverment. =P

Originally posted by Wertigon
X: Well, she was probably the most Bush-critical of them all in the Swedish goverment. =P

That still doesn’t make it ironic. She would have to have been DIRECTLY involved in 9-11 somehow.

It is just making this day more and more unlucky. September 11…All the worst darn things will be happening on this day for the next decade.

Probably getting planned that way too.

Originally posted by MegamanX2K
It would if she had something to do with Sept. 11th or more accurately something to do with the aftermath; I dunno anything about her so I’m just guessing, but perhaps she had some not so kind words to say about the US’ involvement in Afghanistan or Iraq?

She called Bush “that crazy Texas cowboy” or something. =P I don’t remember, but it was something with Texas.

They’ve finally found a suspect. Wooh!

I hope justice will prevail…

Originally posted by Wertigon
[b]They’ve finally found a suspect. Wooh!

I hope justice will prevail… [/b]

Could you please provide more information than one vague statement and a prayer for justice? :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, I would give you the info if I could find it in an english site.

Go to www.aftonbladet.se if you understand Swedish. =P

The article USED to say that they had a suspect who was “arrested in his absence” (meaning that he was more or less lawless), since the police had managed to identify him from the cameras in the store and from the fingerprints - he was quite well-known it turned out, had been sentenced for 49 other crimes already.
They caught him last night on a pub, which is great.
Now let’s just see if he gets five or eight years in prison. Our legal system is a joke when it comes to punishments -_-

With that many sentences he’ll probably get lifetime.

I sure hope so, but you know “lifetime” is about 15-20 years here :stuck_out_tongue: