Survey Of Utmost Importance!

Okay, one of my roommates likes Mini Wheats alot, so that’s the only cereal he gets. Well, I noticed they’re giving away a free DVD when one redeems five boxes. Well, I have the five. Now YOU RPGC can help me decide which movie I should get.

Gee, I dunno. They’re just all so good.

Airheads: In this hilarious spoof of the music industry, three intelligence-challenged rock ‘n’ rollers (Brendan Frasier, Steve Buscemi, Adam Sandler) decide to take drastic action after their music continually falls on deaf ears. They break into a radio station hoping to get their demo played on the air. But when the deejay (Joe Mantegna) and station manager (Michael McKean) refuse to play their song, the boys have no choice but to take the entire radio station hostage.

Beverly Hillbillies: Jim Varney, Cloris Leachman, Lily Tomlin, and Dabney Coleman star in the riotous rags-to-riches story of America’s favorite backwoods billionaires. It geatures hilarious cameos by Dolly Parton, Buddy Ebsen, and Zsa Zsa Gabor. Instant oil barion Jed Clampett moves Granny and his kin from the Ozark hills to Beverly Hills. Though unsophisticated, the Clampetts are decent, hard-working, trusting people - in other words - perfect marks for the swindlers, social climbers, and gold diggers who can’t wait to welcome them! Even their fawning bankers, Miss Hathaway and Mr. Drysdale, may not be able to keep the Clampett cash from disappearing into the Hills!

Catch That Kid: Get ready for an exciting, high-stakes adventure with Maddy, Gus, and Austin: three kids on a top-secret mission! They’re close friends, each with special talents: a champion rock climber, a computer genius, and a mechanical whiz specializing in high-speed go-carts. Their challenge: to crack a high-tech bank vault and pull of the biggest heist their homeroom has ever seen - all to save Maddy’s ailing Dad. They may have a plan that’s foolproof, but they’re not even old enough to drive!

Dr. Dolittle - A successful physician and devoted family man, John Dolittle (Eddie Murphy) seems to have the world by the tail, until a long-suppressed talent possessed as a child - the ability to communicate with animals - is suddenly reawakened with a vengeance! Now every creature within squawking distance wants the good doctor’s advice, unleashing an outrageous chain of events that turn the world upside down!

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes - These glamorous showgirls have everything a girl could want - except engagement rings! In a quest for true love, Lorelei (Marilyn Monroe) and her gold digger pal Dorothy (Jane Russell) set sail on a luxury-liner bound for France. But the pair hits rocky waters when a manipulative detective, an over-aged, over-sexed millionaire (Charles Coburn) and the entire men’s Olympic team try to put an anchor in their marriage-minded mischief. It’s a wild and joyously funny ride across the Atlantic, as our bathing beauties plan and plot a way to land their men.

Jumpin’ Jack Flash: A computer operater (Whoopi Goldberg) at a bank is plunged into an exciting world of international intrigue, danger, and romance when her terminal gets an SOS from “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” a British spy stranded in Eastern Europe. She is soon matching wits with the deadliest members of the CIA to the KGB. Jon Lovitz and Jim Belushi co-star in this suspenseful, fast-paced and murderously funny comedy.

Lake Placid: An investigative team, armed with state-of-the-art equipment, high-powered weaponry and a biting sense of sarcasm, must work together to defeat Black Lake’s most ferocious resident: a 30-foot prehistoric crocodile! Betty White co-stars as the cantankerous Mrs. Bickerman - a role you’ve got to hear to believe - in this terrifying tale of survival that “combines humor and thrills with remarkable deftness.”

Love Potion #9 - In this charming romantic comedy, a brilliant but lonely biochemist (Tate Donovan) gets a mysterious potion from a gypsy who guarantees it will turn his life around. After showing it to his co-worker (Sandra Bullock), a shy animal psycho-biologist, they achieve amazing amorous results in a chimpanzee experiment. Now the only way to see if it works on humans is to test it on themselves.

Airheads is a fucking classic, bitch. You know you gonna chose it.

All those movies are so oooold.

Catch That Kid came out in 2004. Besides Gentlemen and Jumpin’, all of these movies came out in 1993 or later.

oh man, am I ever stupid. I voted Lake Placid but then I saw that Airheads was on it. If it’s a free movie, definately go for Airheads, simply because Lemmy is in it. But uh Lake Placid isn’t that bad either… it’s just really stupid at times, because there’s a lot of flaws in it. But what’s a movie without flaws?

Airheads… I think. Marilyn Monroe rocks too, but I’ve never seen the movie. Airheads is more of a sure thing, ha ha.

I’m wondering how you could choose to NOT get Airheads.

Beverly Hillbillies. Cause thats the only movie on the list that I have seen.

Because, while Airheads is funny, Lake Placid is one of my favorite bad movies ever and Gentlemen Prefer Blondes is a classic.

However, given my roomie’s love of Frosted Miniwheats and the fact the free offer lasts until December 2007, I’ll probably end up getting a few of them.

Yeah, since you’ll have the chance to get more of them, that’s not so bad…but if you HAD to choose one? Definitely, definitely Airheads.

But dude, I love the part in Lake Placid where it comes out of the water and eats a cow

Airheads is a fucking hilarious movie… that and most of the other movies totally suck ass.

You know where I stand.

Also note that VickiMints AND Skankin’ Garbage voted for Airheads. I rest my case.

While Vicki voting for it is like +50 cool points for the movie, SG voting for it is like -75. Trillian voted for Gentlemen And DT, while having not voted, did tell me I should get Jumpin’. So, that’s three lovely females splitting their votes. I can’t play favorites. And, ClothHat voted for Lake Placid. ClothHat rocks. Therefore, anything he votes for must also rock.

Then, as you said, Airheads IS a fucking hilarious movie. On the other hand, Pierson voted for Gentlemen, and he is British. No Brit would vote for anything that’s not sophisticated, Mr. Bean and Benny Hill notwithstanding. However, as Ramza correctly pointed out, the crocodile eats a cow.

Did I mention I was in the chat yesterday? That should add more points.

(Also, I suggested Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, but I didn’t actually vote for it, so that gets points too, but not as many as Airheads.)

I was not there to see it. I’ll give you those cool points only if you come on down to The Varsity.

Gentlemen Prefer Blondes subsequently gets +10 Cool Points, but only if you yourself are blonde. And not a dirty blonde.

I dunno, I just picked the only one I’ve seen…>_<

Marilyn Monroe is the gold digger in that movie, no Jane Russel. I’ve really only seen three of the movies…so Airheads?

Lake Placid has an oldy lady in it, too.

BUT AIRHEADS HAS LEMMY IN IT!!!