Superhero and Comic Board!

Originally posted by JiggyMcCue
Aquaman and Spidey? Being a Spidey fan, not only am I biased that Spidey would destroy that puny sea cucumber, but basic facts and logic point towards it. Need I say all of them? I didn’t think so.

Well it depends on the playing field.
If it’s in the city, then Aqua is a fried fish. However if it’s near water, like the aircraft carrier in the ocean mentioned earlier, then Spidey is as dead as a bug in water.

BTW, am I the only one amazed that somehow Aquaman changed form this:

to this:

Thats quite a ratical change.

I never liked Aquaman very much. His powers seemed very silly.

http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20030928

And Spiderman vs Aquaman is a very sketchy fight. I can think of no terrain where both heroes could fight to their full ability without one of them being at a disadvantage. Spiderman is absolutely useless in the water, and Aquaman is impotent when on land. The outcome of the fight would rely on whoever could utilize the terrain to their advantage, not who is stronger or more cunning.

Not necessarily. Think about this. They place them in a under water globe like thing (just a thought, shut up). Next, they give spidey an underwater breathing apperattus. U know one of those high tech ones they used in recent issues of Amazing. There are no fish for little Aquaman to Call to, so its just his brute against Spideys. Now think about, Spidey is a rather decent swimmer, and since he has his new powers, he is able to swin faster, and stronger. Im not saying that he is a good swimmer, but he can definetely fend for himself. Next, it would be a even bigger win for Spidey cuz he is in the home turf of Aquaman. I personally think he would be able to do ti. Besides, he’s stronger than the Aquaman anyway, and if he got in a few lucky shots, he would be in good business.

They tell you who wins these in the Marvel vs. DC card set : )

Originally posted by JiggyMcCue
Not necessarily. Think about this. They place them in a under water globe like thing (just a thought, shut up). Next, they give spidey an underwater breathing apperattus. U know one of those high tech ones they used in recent issues of Amazing. There are no fish for little Aquaman to Call to, so its just his brute against Spideys. Now think about, Spidey is a rather decent swimmer, and since he has his new powers, he is able to swin faster, and stronger. Im not saying that he is a good swimmer, but he can definetely fend for himself. Next, it would be a even bigger win for Spidey cuz he is in the home turf of Aquaman. I personally think he would be able to do ti. Besides, he’s stronger than the Aquaman anyway, and if he got in a few lucky shots, he would be in good business.

Aqua would totally rape Spidey in the water.
He can swim up to 100 mph in the water.

Aquaman + Water = One buttfucked spider

>_>

Other than swim around, what does aquaman do? What disaters can he stop underwater?

Uh, shipwrecks, huricanes, tsunamis.

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
[b]Aqua would totally rape Spidey in the water.
He can swim up to 100 mph in the water.

Aquaman + Water = One buttfucked spider [/b]

Its true. Even if Spidey is a decent swimmer and had some form of breathing apparatus, he would still be schooled by Aquaman in any aquatic setting. Just as a sidenote, Spiderman’s webbing hardens when it hits the air, so it would be rather useless underwater.

Now, a fight I’d like to see would be Daredevil vs Spiderman. Both are comfortable in a city setting, and they both have enhanced senses, so they couldn’t catch each other off guard. Although Spiderman may seem like the most likely winner, I wouldn’t put it past the Daredevil to administer a hearty ass whupping.

Originally posted by PanamaJack
, a fight I’d like to see would be Daredevil vs Spiderman. Both are comfortable in a city setting, and they both have enhanced senses, so they couldn’t catch each other off guard. Although Spiderman may seem like the most likely winner, I wouldn’t put it past the Daredevil to administer a hearty ass whupping.

Didn;t they make a Spiderman VS Daredevil DVD?

Maybe, I think there was a spiderman episode where Dadedevil fought him, but I was to lazy to wake up and see the second half of it.

Man i used to read my big brother magazines all the time so one of my favorite superheroes got to be Spawn,he gots a hole lot of old magazines(1993 and before)like:Spawn,X-Men,Spiderman,Etc. oh and out of curiosity how much do you think the first issue of X-Men that ever came out costs now since i got it(No kidding)

Yeah, Spawn is bitchin’.

Play that new Spawn game? It got bad reviews but I am really enjoying it.

Im waiting to see if i buy it and the only review i have seen of spawn wasnt bad PSM gave it a 7/10

You should give it a rent. I love the line that happens when Spawn beats Violator.

Violator: “Spawnie… Spawnie… how could you do this to me?”

Spawn: “Easy. Your my bitch.”

Bah, who needs superheroes? Give me supervillians, bitch.

I mean, who wouldn’t like to see Kefka in a comic? :3

Also, the best superhero ever is The tick’s sidekick, the moth guy, I mean, he is completelly useless, and is just a depressive bastard, we need more superheroes like him, not overpowered bastards Like Superman or Spidey.

Maybe I’m wrong, I haven’t watched The Tick in a long time.

Arthur (the moth guy) was actually probably more useful than the Tick. He was the one who always developed the plan of action, and the Tick was simply the muscle-bound hero to carry it out. Think of Arthur as the brains, and Tick as the brawn.

Anyways, American Maid and the Civic-minded 5 were the real heroes!:cool:

As for Aquaman, I’m reminded of a short-lived but brilliantly funny sketch comedy show on MTV about 10 years ago called “The State.” They did a Justice League Sketch, and it went something like this…

[Assorted Superheroes are milling about.]

[Flash runs in, and stops, out of breath.]

Superman: Flash! waht’s wrong?

[wonder woman, batman, etc, make other comments]

Aquaman: Can I get you some water?

me: LOL

[Sketch goes on. Flash reveals the crisis. Superman delegates duties.]

SM: Batman! Go do [something]. Flash! Use your super speed to [whatever.] Wonder Woman! Use your magic lariat to [something else]. I’ll stand here and look manly. wink Aquaman!

AQ: Yes?

SM: You go…

[pause, superman starts to bust up]

SM: Talk to some fish!

[EVERYONE points and laughs at Aquaman as they walk off to do their duties.]

Yeah, Batman, favorite hero, cuz he’s so dark and neurotic, etc. (I like heroes with MENTAL ISSUES).

Joker, favorite villian ever, yep, duh, just for pure sickness and that wacky sense of humor he has. Introducing the Joker singlehandedly convinced me to give that Justice league cartoon another chance. (Okay, a sarcastic Flash helps too).

Actually, been watching the 1989 Batman film again, just cuz this dude at work and I get a real kick out of Nicholson’s joker and take turns quoting dialogue. Our favorite is the pirate advertisment for NEW AND IMPROVED JOKER PRODUCTS! (With the Secret Ingredient: Smiley!) hee hee

I’d like to give some of those fine items to some of our ruder customers, actually. :smiley:

Originally posted by KaiserVonAlmasy

Joker, favorite villian ever, yep, duh, just for pure sickness and that wacky sense of humor he has. Introducing the Joker singlehandedly convinced me to give that Justice league cartoon another chance. (Okay, a sarcastic Flash helps too).

Agree that it kicks arse now?

Bah. The Human Bullet is the best super hero ever. All he need to do is be shot thru a cannon on the scene of action and he’s done! How cool is that?!

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
[b]Yeah, Aquaman has a pre-crisis form too.

Lets see a review of both fighters:

<b>Name:</b> Aquaman
<b>Real Name:</b> Orin
<b>Also Known As:</b> Arthur Curry
[/b]
Arthur Curry? Why does that sound so familliar?