Superhero and Comic Board!

BATMAN VS HULK

Who would win?

Batman. Then again, Hulk SMASHES :smiley:

I refer you to these two comics.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=031016

http://www.nuklearpower.com/daily.php?date=031018

You know, I have often wondered who’d win in a fight, Spiderman or Aquaman. Let’s just assume it’s some sorta nuetral ground, like a Aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean. Who do you think would win?

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
You know, I have often wondered who’d win in a fight, Spiderman or Aquaman. Let’s just assume it’s some sorta nuetral ground, like a Aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean. Who do you think would win?

Pre-Crisis or Post-Crisis?

I didn’t mention Superman, I said Spiderman.

I like the Spawn Comics, but I absolutely hate the games and movies.

As a life-long comic-book fan (I have been reading comics as far as I can remember… I started with Disney Comics, which makes SuperGoof the first Superhero I ever read about- Honest!) I think I know a bit about the subject. :ah-ha!:

Compost: Actually there HAVE been some pretty good Superman stories- it’s just a matter of knowing HOW to write him. The Paperback Novel I recommended, Miracle Monday, was great precisely because it gave you an intimate look of what it must be like to BE Superman, including growing up among normal humans. For example, as a kid he could see and hear things nobody else could, so he could not really talk about them with anyone, not even his human parents. I empathized with that because my imagination allowed me to come up with stuff as a kid that no one around me understood (my family was definitely staid, if loving.)

Comments:
*Yeah, the Pre-Crisis on Infinite Earths (the miniseries that redefined reality in the DC universe back in 1985) Superman had RIDICULOUS levels of power (thought I dunno about the sneeze) that was one of the things they changed in the reboot.

• JL never said explicitly that Supes believes in Santa Claus.

*Preacher was so NOT a superhero. Please don’t make me gag.

*Neither was Nausicaa. Having superpowers alone does NOT make you a hero.

*Batman and Hulk DID fight once and Batman won- after making Hulk breathe sleep gas.

*Problem with Aquaman is that he depends too much on water and aquatic animals. Out of water he just isn’t THAT super. My money’s on Spider-man anywhere but underwater.

Feel free to ask anything else.

Wilfredo Martinez
Know-it-all :hahaha;

Superman is interesting on that level where he can hear all the cries for help, but he knows that he’ll never be fast enough or strong enough to save or help everyone that needs it. This troubles him to no end, because he knows that he’ll never be enough to truley be a “Super” man.

I, personally, find Batman to be much more interesting, although not my favorite. Batman is a tormented person, and his relationships with his enemies is what makes him particularly interesting. For example, Batman and the Joker. They made each other, it’s pretty difficult to tell who made who; Joker killed Bruce’s parents, and Bruce knocked the Joker into the chemicals that turned him into the serious maniac that he turned into (which makes me wonder, technically, the Joker created himself). And when Bruce went underground, and stopped being Batman, the Joker stopped as well, he found no drive to commit crime without someone right there to stop him.

I’ve never been really big on reading comics, although I do grab the occasional one for light reading. What is this “post-crises” and “pre-crises” stuff you guys are talking about, in regards to Superman?

Sorc: Good point you make about Superman and his Superhearing. In the Pre-Crisis version, he could switch it on or off, so he did not have to hear everything in the World at once. (Note, in Miracle Monday, he DID turn his Superhearing full blast, at a critical point in the story… instead of hearing a cacophony, he heard a SONG, a rythm to all of Creation, which restored his faith in the World (which the villain in the story -the Devil- had shattered). Great stuff!)

As for the Crisis, as I mentioned, it was a story made to untangle the 50-year-long mess of continuity details that DC Comics had become. One of the things they did was to make Superman more “believable” (some would say, more like Marvel heroes such as the Hulk). You don’t see Superman move planets anymore or things like that.

Originally posted by Valkyrie Esker
I didn’t mention Superman, I said Spiderman.

Yeah, Aquaman has a pre-crisis form too.

Lets see a review of both fighters:

<b>Name:</b> Aquaman
<b>Real Name:</b> Orin
<b>Also Known As:</b> Arthur Curry
<b>Dual Identity:</b> Publicly known
<b>Occupation(s):</b> Protector of the Seas and Oceans, King of Poseidonis
<b>Place of Birth:</b> Atlantis, DC-Earth
<b>Marital Status:</b> Divorced
<b>Usual Base of Operations:</b> The City of Poseidonis (also has refuge commonly known as the Aquacave)
<b>Group Membership(s):</b> JLA
<b>Height:</b> 6’1"
<b>Weight:</b> 325 lbs
<b>Eyes:</b> Blue
<b>Hair:</b> Blond
<b>Superhuman Powers:</b>
[ul]
[li]Ability to communicate directly with sea life
[/li][li]Ability to sense the primal emotions of aquatic creatures through “The Clear”
[/li][li]Heavy-Duty telepathy allows him to control any aquatic creatures
[/li][li]Sonar power which allows him to detect things when blinded
[/li][li]Can swim underwater at rates up to 100 mph
[/li][li]Can withstand extremes of temperature and pressure
[/li][li]Above human strength
[/li][/ul]
<b>Source of Powers:</b> Son of wizard and Atlantean queen, “gift” of Poseidon (sea god)
<b>Special Skills:</b> Excels at Hand-to-hand combat, has natural leadership qualities.
<b>Weapons:</b> Hook (created by S.T.A.R. labs) that has replaced his left hand is able to shoot a thin cord to ensnare an enemy or can be used as a rope for climbing or swinging. Hook is also able to drill through objects. He controls the hook cybernetically. Hook can be retracted into its housing, and covered with fake hand.
<b>Known Limitations:</b> Cannot be out of the water for extended periods (pre-Crisis the limit was one hour, now the limit is uncertain).
<b>Known Relatives:</b> Atlanna (Mother, deceased), Atlan (Father, deceased), Orm (Ocean Master, half-brother), Arthur Junior (son, deceased), AJ (son, living in another dimension), Mera (former wife), Koryak (son, exiled from Atlantis)
<b>Known Allies:</b> Tempest (aka Aqualad, Garth), Dolphin, Deep Blue, Tsunami, Power Girl

<b>Name:</b> Spiderman
<b>Real name:</b> Peter Parker
<b>Occupation:</b> Adventurer, freelance photographer, high-school teacher
<b>Group affiliation:</b> None, formerly a reserve Avenger
<b>Base of operations:</b> New York City area
<b>First appearance:</b> Amazing Fantasy #15 (1962)

<b>Height:</b> 5’10"
<b>Weight:</b> 165 lbs.
<b>Eye color:</b> Hazel
<b>Hair color:</b> Brown

<b>Powers:</b>
[ul]
[li]Above average strength
[/li][li]Increased reflexes and equilibrium
[/li][li]Ability to cling to most surfaces
[/li][li]Spider-web
[/li][li]Sixth sense that warns him of impending danger
[/li][/ul]

<b>Weapons:</b> Spider-Man’s wrist-mounted web-shooters discharge thin strands of web-fluid at high pressure. On contact with air, the long-chain polymer knits and forms an extremely tough, flexible fiber with extraordinary adhesive qualities.

Now then, problem with being on a Aircraft carrier in the ocean, is that enviroment would be in favor of Aquaman.
Being surrounded by ocean gives Aquaman a huge advantage, and give Spiderman not a big area he can fight. Because of Aquaman’s senses. Spider wouldn’t be able to Spider-wed his eyes and Aqua could break from spider-webs if he tried I bet.
Hell, Aqua could just summon sharks/whales to destroy the aircraft carrier and whoop Spidey in the water.

Good points, Giza. One thing, however: I REALLY doubt that Aquaman can break free of Spidey’s webs. Last time I looked, Arthur had problems fighting losers like Black Manta, and Spidey has captured people such as The Rhino in his webs. Unless the current version of Aquaman is WAAAY stronger than before, I smell gift-wrapped atlantean.

Originally posted by Wilfredo Martinez
Good points, Giza. One thing, however: I REALLY doubt that Aquaman can break free of Spidey’s webs. Last time I looked, Arthur had problems fighting losers like Black Manta, and Spidey has captured people such as The Rhino in his webs. Unless the current version of Aquaman is WAAAY stronger than before, I smell gift-wrapped atlantean.

Good points.
And the sneeze thing, I’m only telling you what I remember from the “SS4 Goku VS Pre-Crisis Super” topic on GFAQs. Several people brought up that Supes could do that.

Wil: I never said that Preacher was a superhero, but the title of the thread says “Superhero AND comic”.

Hero or not, Preacher has got to be one of the BEST comic series in existance.

And on an unreleated note, once again I point everyone to the two 8BT comics I posted. :hahaha;

“Arthur! LISTEN TO ME CAREFULLY. I believe in you! I always have! That’s why I’m here. Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend, and now fear is trying to pull off your pants - if you give up, if you give in, you’re gonna end up naked with fear just standing there laughing at your dangling unmentionables!”

The Tick. End of story. Best superhero ever.

Oh, has anybody here ever read the comic by Alan Moore, The Watchmen? THAT was full of awesome superheroes in addition to being just amazingly cool - my favorite was Rorschach.

I love Batman, too…The Dark Knight Returns is one of the definitive masterpieces of comic art, in my opinion.

-Mazrim Taim

I’ve read The Watchmen…not one of my favorates, but a damn good one.

And I’m slapping myself for not mentioning this earlier: StormWatch and The Authroity.

They are, without a doubt, the best superhero team EVER to exist.

(The Authroity series is sort of the “sequal” to the StormWatch series, btw.)

Yes, Batman is one of the best superheroes.

Too bad the last 2 movies and the games have damaged the Batman fanchise(sp?)

The Tick
“Arthur! LISTEN TO ME CAREFULLY. I believe in you! I always have! That’s why I’m here. Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend, and now fear is trying to pull off your pants - if you give up, if you give in, you’re gonna end up naked with fear just standing there laughing at your dangling unmentionables!”

Wow, that’s comedy gold.

Ah. I should have guessed Jeff made this thread (He’s one of my real life friends).

But of course my good matey. Yes I have joined this thread and have found my little brain child come to life. Yippee. Ok so anyways. I have found a rival and friend in the one who knows so much about the comics that I even did not know things u have said.

Yes I have the comic where Batman takes it down upon Superman with the help of Kryptonite.

Aquaman and Spidey? Being a Spidey fan, not only am I biased that Spidey would destroy that puny sea cucumber, but basic facts and logic point towards it. Need I say all of them? I didn’t think so.

Batman is far more interesting than superman. He has darker shadows that lie within him, just waiting to be exploited by talented writers and pencilers alike. And besides, Supes is too powerful to begin with. He isnt a superhero, he is god in human form, except for the little krypto allergy.

I am with you 130% on saying that the Authority is the best Superhero team out there today. They are great, and I like how they republished them, so new readers can become familiar with the team. I also thing that Watchmen was a great new twist to the comic universe. Nice pics:yipee:

Personally, I find preacher a little bland, but that is just me and my tastes. But to each his own.

Me and u Giza. Joker is the most kickass and strange Villian I have ever seen. I have a sort of disgusted respect for him. He is a Villian in every sense of the word, and I praise his creation. I still get flashes of the comic where he dies every time I think of his name or look at a picture. Wow.

Yep Giza Im here!