Superhero and Comic Board!

Originally posted by PanamaJack
Now, a fight I’d like to see would be Daredevil vs Spiderman. Both are comfortable in a city setting, and they both have enhanced senses, so they couldn’t catch each other off guard. Although Spiderman may seem like the most likely winner, I wouldn’t put it past the Daredevil to administer a hearty ass whupping.

The very first time Spidey and Daredevil met, they fought eachother, if I recall right. Spiderman was under the hypnosis of The Ringmaster, and Daredevil mentioned that if Spidey wasn’t under the hypnosis, he would’ve lost to Spidey. And do remember that Daredevil is simply a blind man with EXTRAORDINARY senses, an überstick and some training, while spidey has powers that are relative to that of a human-size spider…

man, I can’t believe I haven’t jumped into this thread yet.

Recently I’ve been rekindling my earlier childhood interest in comics. When I was younger I used to only read the Fantastic Four basically (which I somewhat embarrasingly remember now); but these days I’ve been getting into the X-Men. Currently I’m trying to keep up with the significant X books, I started only planning on reading 2 series but now I’m up to seven already ;_;

New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
X-Treme X-Men (yes, that’s its name ;_:wink:
Ultimate X-Men
New Mutants
NYX

As well, my friend got me into the Ultimates, which is a positively fabulous book; the ultimate series in general is pretty excellent. Anyone else read X-books these days?

Also Maz, my friend who knows tons about comics recently got me the Dark Knight Returns and The Watchmen stories for Christmas, he says they’re just about the best.

So how many people watch the new Justice League show on CN?

The second season is a lot better then the first.

I watch it occasionaly. It’s ok, heck of a lot better than Super Friends.

Originally posted by Kairi
I watch it occasionaly. It’s ok, heck of a lot better than Super Friends.

And better then X-men EVO.

Merl: Nice to know you enjoy comics, so did I for a LONG time (these days, the internet and RPGs consume my time, but I still buy ocassionally. Right now I’m buying JLA vs AVENGERS… and MAN, are a LOT of THOR fans angry that they had Superman beat Thor!! :hahaha; )

There are a LOT of great comics to recommend, too many to list (and TOO MANY different styles… from totally wacky to fatalistic.)

Once upon a time I could tell you EXACTLY who was what where in ANY comic book, including X-Men, but I’m out of touch these days. Still, I’d challenge Maz himself about comics in the OLD days! (70’s-90’s) :ah-ha!:

And the JL Cartoon is VERY good, though there were several plot holes in the first season, and I’m not entirely happy on the way some DC characters have been handled. Still among the best toons on the air, tho.

Wow this brings back memories. I used to read the X-Books back in the day, but I’ve kinda out grown it I guess. Was just a phase but I’m still decent in my X-trivia. I used to pick up

X Men
Uncanny X Men
X Force
Generation X
Wolverine

And that comic that featured Madelyne Pryor as the Goblin Queen. When I was reading it, she was still evil…it was the alternate reality where Alex Summers was leading man after dying in X Factor. Arg and it had Electra and bizarro X Men. What was that called? ><

i didn’t know they had the X treme X Men or whatever. That must be fairly new within the past 5 years.

Right now I’m buying JLA vs AVENGERS… and MAN, are a LOT of THOR fans angry that they had Superman beat Thor!! )

WHAT??? Superman beat Thor?somebody is going to die for this,just kidding not much of a Thor fan but i like him more than Superman.

Well my knowledge on old comics aint to shaby,more than avarege of course,i know that i have more than 200 comics put away including the Inferno crossover or something like that.

I got into comics (mostly the X-books) at around the time Rachel Summers was part of the X-Men. More recently, there were books such as Gen13, which while the word “good” doesn’t seem to fit, I would definately call entertaining. I haven’t read any comics in a few years, though.

Originally posted by Mastermune
[b]WHAT??? Superman beat Thor?somebody is going to die for this,just kidding not much of a Thor fan but i like him more than Superman.

Well my knowledge on old comics aint to shaby,more than avarege of course,i know that i have more than 200 comics put away including the Inferno crossover or something like that. [/b]

Which Superman?
Post or Pre?

I used to own issues #1-4 of the New X-Men(the series where Magneto dies on Asteroid M and and the first issue of the plot with Omega Red). I bought them when I was about 8-9 years old, but they were eventually lost. I wonder how much money they would be worth today. My friend owned the issue where Magneto dies for the second time(gets his brain fried by Professor X).

You can read detailed issue summaries of most of the different X-men series at uncannyx-men.net. I’ve never heard of the ‘X-books’. Are they the different issues put into book form, or something?

Curtis: “X-books” is what people call the X-Men books in general.

Giza: If you’re asking which Superman beat Thor, the continuity of the story is a bit fuzzy but it seems to have been the current Superman.

And if you’d like to see the arguments, check here: http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/web/topics.jsp?board=avengersjla
Heh, these people make OUR arguing here in RPGC look tame! :hahaha;

Of course a DC board is going to have better arguments! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, I meant the FLAMING, Giza. :eek:

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
And better then X-men EVO.
;_; I love X-Men Evolution…

Originally posted by Merlin
;_; I love X-Men Evolution…

There, there.
We all know you like inferior shows :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Gizamaluke
There, there.
We all know you like inferior shows :stuck_out_tongue:

HEY man, I’ll concede that the first season and a half or so, when it was basically “X men in high school DRAMA~!” sucked, but hey, once they phased that out and started bringing in more traditional X-plotlines, that show got a lot better real fast. [and once they trimmed a lot of the fat, i.e. the scrub characters like Jubilee that they weren’t really using anyway]

Well sooooory.
I’ve only seen the first 2 seasons.
And JL is vastly superior to it,

Uhg, I can’t stand Justice League.
I do watch X-Men Evolution rarely, but UHG. JL is just… shit incarnate :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Steve
Uhg, I can’t stand Justice League.
I do watch X-Men Evolution rarely, but UHG. JL is just… shit incarnate :stuck_out_tongue:

The first season is, but like EVO, it got remarkably better this season.