Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Update!!!

Don’t overlook the musicians just yet. There are may be some clues in there as to the new characters, whose stages would naturally feature music from their games, which has already been written by some of these guys.

Yasunori Mitsuda
(PROCYON STUDIO CO., LTD.) CHRONO TRIGGER / XENOGEARS

Chrono maybe?

Ah, good point.

Although I was happy enough seeing Noriyuki Iwadare on there knowing he’d be composing for it, I don’t really expect Lunar/Grandia characters.

Boo on Chrono.

Hooray on Ark (Terranigma)

Or anything else from Soul Blazers.

Columbus for instance. Or Keinz (J.M. Keynes), beating people around with curves.

I really wouldn’t take the list of composers as a hint on what characters are coming. (I mean, they have the composer for Wild ARMS listed, that’s a Sony-only franchise) The note says they will all be doing remixes of classic Nintendo themes, so it just means that there’ll be a lot of diverse music.

Of course, considering the composer for MGS is also there this doesn’t mean that they WON’T be doing music for specific new characters either. All I’m saying is that it doesn’t, for sure, mean ANYTHING about new characters.

It’s not an exact science. This is the realm of speculation. It would be cool to see something from early FF, maybe like “Fighter” or “Black Mage”… I mean, you can’t dig too much deeper into the Nintendo first party catalog without getting more obscure than Ice Climber, can you? (Besides just having other clones, which is apparently anathema now.)

I would actually like to see the marble from Marble Madness be included. As a character.

Also, the update today was for Link and Mario with four pictures of each… Bummertimes, I guess.

“Bla, bland.” <-- Thoughts right now

“HOLY FSCKING SCRAPIT, NINTENDO’S A BLOODY GENIUS/BUNCH OF GITS FOR INCLUDING/NERFING/RESPECCING CHARACTER/FEATURE/STAGE XXXX IN BRAWL!” <-- Thoughts in a few months?

This reminds me of the form letter from Catch-22 :confused:

You know, I really don;t care what characters or stages any of those composers imply. All I notice is that three of my favoritest composers ever - Michiko Naruke, Yasunori Mitsueda, and YOko Freakin’ Shimomura - are all working on this project. And that makes me do a happy little dance.

Yeah, the composer list is full of win and own, but I suspect that there won’t be another bomb drop until sometime around the weekend.

Motoi Sakuraba ftw!! :slight_smile: :hahaha;

You know, personally, Sakuraba’s stuff neevr did much for me. it’s okay background music, but not one track he’s ever done ever really stood out in my mind.

Shit I didn’t even notice the CC guy was on this one.

FFA’s / Romancing SaGa’s guy on it too + Parasite Eve’s muzac composer as well.

Btw, a bomb was dropped last night.

I kinda wish they gave more info on the characters’ moves. Pit’s info is up now and it’s very sparse. So he can seperate his blades, and shoot arrows which he can control (I’m guessing more like how Zelda controls Din’s Fire, as opposed to Ness’ PK Thunder). But what does he actually do in a fight? I mean, everyone knows what Mario and Link do (or can assume) but who knows about Pit?

I’m hoping he’ll have a mallet attack of some sort.

Or at least he should be able to call on a centurion rush.

Looks like you got your wish, Flint. Kinda.

They must be watching us.

Quick! Whine about wanting new characters revealed!

Well, I’m moderately content.