Super Smash Brothers: Brawl Update!!!

Well come this monday hopefully all of our questions will be answered.

I like how people are getting all excited because they’ve, uh, announced that they’re going to make an announcement.

I can see it now … “Join us Monday, as Whichever Company announces that they’re going to make an announcement about an upcoming announcement!”

Ness’ slow jumps really aren’t useful. Against many people he can easily be anti-aired due to his slow jump speed, and someone like Sheik, Capt. Falcon, or Dr. Mario will hurt him so bad he’ll wish he was never hurt so bad. The same goes for his third “jump”, unless you’re at point blank range when he uses it (in which case you should really smack him away from it) then it’s also easy to punish him for it.

lawl did someone just say that Fox is one of the worse characters in SSB:M?

He is THE perfect character. Too bad there’s no perfect human to play him (The closest would probably be Zelgadis).

There are two games I was excited about, Starcraft II (original came out in '98) and Fallout 3 (FO2 came out in '98 as well. When a decade has passed I’m pretty happy about an announcement of an announcement. /thread derail

I would totally buy it if Captain N was in it. His zapper and pause feature would wreak havoc.

Pause would be the most annoying shit ever, everyone would abuse it and pause to throw off other people’s timing and dick around with the camera or something.

Wait.

It’s 12:02 PM where I’m at; Monday.

And all I see is a “coming soon JAPAN TIME” logo.

When right now it’s supposedly 2:02 AM in Japan.

I think my gaming spirit just got erectile disfunction.

I think the confusion came when everyone assumed the update was coming Monday in Japan when instead it was Tuesday in Japan. Tuesday at noon, I believe. Meaning, for us, it won’t be hitting for another 9-10 hours. 11pm EST tonight, I think? If I’m not mistaken, anyway.

I didn’t say that he was the worst I just said that he took it the worst due to the fact that it wasn’t just his throws that took a hit. He was nigh onto godly in the hands of the right player in 64, but in Melee he’s become fast hittin’, fast movin’, fast flyin’, and fast fallin’. He’s moves like he’s peramently equiped with a bunny hood, and when you do have him in a bunny hood you’ll swear that he’s surrpassed the sound barrier. He also used to have a ranged game plan now it’s almost pure fisticuffs.

I do admit that the Reflect Shield is still broken though.

As for Ness I also admit that he also got screwed over in Melee. However, Ness is still a competent Melee fighter due to the range and power of his attacks for his size catagory despite his air game. Kirby however is a different matter. Unlike Fox or Ness Kirby still has some uses in his throws in Melee, he may not be as grossly overpowered like in 64, but he’s still got rest of the moves.

But with all these reminders as to what characters could’ve done what back in the 64 days I am reminded that someone took it even harder than either Fox, Ness, or even Kirby…Pikachu the former Cliff Camper King. If any one character had to be blamed for Melee’s watered down throws it’d been Pikachu because paired with Thunder and Thunder Shock a skilled Pikachu player would have almost total ownage of any single opponet once he had you in postion, and on stages like the Great Fox he’s almost invincible. With the reduction of throwing power in Melee Pikachu now lacks the ability to easily force characters off the stage, and Thunder lacks the versatility to compensate making Pikachu go from Ungodly Cheap to Just Ungodly.

Anyway we’ll have plenty of time to bitch after we find out who doesn’t make the cut.

Captain N: ZA WARUDO! Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Capt. N is nice but give me Game Boy instead.

It’s now 10:02 where I am but nothing’s happing?

Wait a minuet thats on NoA’s website!

Know what? Fuck it! Nothing’s happening and I’ve spent the last 60 running around finishing the last of my finals. Somebody wake me when something happens I’m going to sleep.

Well, the update is finally up, and what a crappy update it is. A list of composers, one stage and ‘how to play’, because of course, none of us have ever played Smash bros before. :expressionless: More needed, fast.

So the big unveiling was to show some neat gameplay features. Because we’ve allways had trouble figuring out who’s damage counter was who’s.

Btw, Well we can at least end the Musicians Speculation debates now.

LMAO. I’m so glad I don’t care about this game.

Hot damn, Killer 7 composer is on it!

And yes, I was disapointed too.

Yeah, Nintendo doesn’t usually announce big news on websites, do they?

Called it.

So I was looking over the composer list and came across:

Koji Hayama - Cho Aniki / Ape Escape 2

I decided to take heart that it was only a Cho Aniki composer, and not a designer.

THIS IS SMASH!!!

:kissy: