Summer Olympics

He was a Serb.

Why?

edit: It also seems that Russia (this year’s European basketball champion) has been disqualified.

Why?

Until last night Canada has been shut out of any medals. This entire week has been full of losses for us in sports we’re considered to have a chance at a medal.

So? Puerto Rico hasn’t won anything so far (that I know of) but I don’t care. OK, so I’m not much of a sports fan (I love the Olympics more for its international cooperation spirit than anything else) but the facts is that in any competition, your chances of winning are far less than the chances of losing, so it should never be a matter of “awww, we didn’t win” so much as “It was great to try, and if we had won, that would be a bonus, not the only thing”.

(To add to this, we have had a LOT of whining here on the island by a series of “loses” in a row this year: We didn’t win the Miss Universe pageant, Cotto lost his big boxing match, etc. And the press here keeps whining and looking for people to blame and ENOUGH ALREADY! GROW UP!!!)
::dekar!::

No it hasn’t. Canada wasn’t predicted to win ANY until AT LEAST next week. That’s what I heard.

Besides… it’s only the Summer Olympics. Come ON. They’re MAYBE half as legitimate as the Winter, if I was being GENEROUS.

Table Tennis? lmao, I’d be more impressed by someone who barely qualified in any other event than someone with a gold in that.

Wow, the U.S. obliterated Spain (basketball men).

edit: I read that Mark Spitz, who held the previous record, wasn’t invited to the Olympics, even though Mark Phelps trying (and succeeding) to break his record was the story of these Games. Not a classy move.

Phelps just won his eighth Olympic gold. There goes the previous record (7) for most golds in a single Olympics.

Winning the same gold 8 times in a row is aight, but Alexander Dityatin is still the best.