Summer Olympics

Well, everyone knows the Olympic Games should only include running and pankration. Perhaps the fastest runner would try to run away from the winner of pankration after they both win. XD

If Sasha’s routine hadn’t been so amazing, I would’ve wanted the American team to lose. Every fucking time the camera went on them, by virtue of more than half of them being unbearably obnoxious in even the span of the few seconds they were on Camera. We understand, sirs, that this is how you roll, and also how you do it. We understood when you informed us of that three events ago.

All hail Michael Phelps!!!

I so wanted to watch women’s tennis, but now that Sharapova and Ivanovic are out of Olympics due to injuries, I’ll stick with highlights shown on nightly news reports.
As for Phelps – amazing; I’d love to see him set the record for most gold medals in the Olympics.

Hahaha, yeah, what the hell was that comment about “we’re definitely swimming in the river!”

And that was insane how the U.S. totally creamed that one relay.

Did anyone watch the women’s gymnastics?(my sister is a huge fan) It was almost tragic - one of the girls screwed up twice, and lost the gold for the team.

On a local note, Greek athletes have more or less been doing abysmally and I’m curious to see how they’ll be treated by the same people who considered them a national treasure just four years ago. I can already see the “is that all?” disappointment. Oh noes, our sport-penis is getting smaller!

It seems to me, after watching the women’s gymnastics event, only two sports are devoid of cheating: professional wrestling and fencing. And I’m having serious doubts about fencing.

I don’t know if I’d say that; we were still a little behind China, before her mistake, and we wouldn’t have been that close if they hadn’t, similarly, screwed up twice.

I would say that I’m surprised that nobody has touched on the politics of what’s happening in China, but then agian, I remember what happened when someone last touched on politics in a sports thread. Of course, he was insane, but… yeah.

984: I thought that this was the last year that baseball will be in the olympics. I’m pretty sure it’s still there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baseball_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics <— Yep.

But in 2012, they’re both gone.

I was under the impression baseball was out at this one and softball at the next. Still, they’re axing both of them after only four games. Wish the same could be said for ping pong. Then again, and this is completely racist, I’m not surprised they left table tennis intact for a CHINESE hosted Olympics.

Anyone hear about how the Chinese had an attractive 8-year old girl lipsynch the anthem as performed by an average looking 8-year old girl. These people are really image conscious.

Anyway, does anyone know what time Michael Phelps is competing tonight? He’s gotta beat one of his own teammates, and the teammate when interviewed said he would basically do everything to derail Phelps. Pretty interesting stuff.

I believe you will find it is in fact Table Tennis which is just like Tennis but on Tables that is the olympic sport and it’s a real sport just like tennis douchebag.

Except only Chinks win the gold! [/racist overtones]

I’ve heard it. Of course the one who give this order to make such foolish show should be put into jail. The average looking 8-year old girl is cute enough.

But what surprising me most is that the director speak it out so quickly, and the media report it, and … no one is punishied till now.

In jail? That’s stupider than saying ping pong is “table tennis.”

But it is table tennis! If only you listened to its name in Greek with all its 11 syllables you’d be converted.

GAP, business as usual for the OG.

I was at the USA/Nigeria and Argentina/Serbia soccer game on Wednesday. USA was red carded in the third minute on a TOTALLY bullshit call, which knocked us out of the running. The Argentina game was more interesting. They’ve already qualified, so they let their best players rest. China REALLY wanted to see Messi though. They kept shouting MESSI! MESSI! the whole game. About twenty minutes from the end, the crowd, which had initially supported Argentina, started booing the hell out of them. They just wanted to see Messi so badly. Of course, Argentina still won 2-0.

I’ll be attending athletics tomorrow in the 17th row. I’ll be sure to give you guys some pics. That stadium is fricking cool.

Wow, I totally forgot you were in China, sorry! :\

I’d love to read about what it’s like there at this time from your perspective when you’re in the mood for another epistle. :smiley:

I’ve been following Michael Phelp’s events because he’s just amazingly beating almost every world record. I really want to watch some tae kwon do but I can never catch any coverage.

This is also the first Olympics where I’m ashamed to be a Canadian.

I cannot believe Phelps beat that… Croat? It seemed to me he was beaten by the hundredth of the second, not won.