Sprites in posts

I’ve now entered a low period of sprite theatear. It should peak high in 15 days, and we stay low for another 25 days.

I only sprite Post If I beleve the Thread has got off topic, or I am so board and feel like a Laugh after the main Purpose has been used.

BN
There is a probelem with no sprite posts. This “Fin” lines take the Slack…

I always got the impression that Mog was someone else.
I’m not sure though.
It’s confusing. :frowning:

To me, Mog is a personality of whoever Cait is. Much like Val’s sprite represented his inner self.

It’s retarded. We’re posting here to have conversions with each other, not with ourselves.

And the way nutter adds another incomprehensable line of text after his messages also irritates me, but that’s a different story.

Well he WAS told to stop that by a mod, but then rules don’t apply to the great nut of bigness…do they :stuck_out_tongue:

no u use it coz ur ghey

Thank God I’m not the only one.

“And yes I understand that it gets annoying, especially in a serious topic where all of sudden you see a picture of a moogle jumping up and down while talking about abortion is a real turn off.”

That’s totally awesome

Too bad you didnt think of it first…

I’ve always passed Cait and BN off as being idiots, actually.

But the sprite theater does get on my nerves. I would think if people (whoever made the rules) find necroposting annoying enough to merit it being against the rules, they should do the same with sprite theater, which, imo, is a hundred times more annoying that necroposting could ever hope to be.

Necroposting brings a whole thread back to the top of the forum; sprite theater occurs in one post at a time and can be easily abated with adblock and your ignore list.

And ignoring <i>is</i> a viable option. If the person adds to the conversation consistently, you can adblock their sprites or just cowboy up.

Well, coming out of hibernation for a day, saw this old, familiar topic, thought I’'d throw my thoughts in.

Frankly, I don’t know why I bother with a sprite myself. I’ve heard the reasons for why they were used in the first place, on the old message boards where they made it easier to distinguish who said what (or something, I’m not sure I got that right). And I really don’t have a reason. I’m enough of a personality that most people recognize me and what I say, whether they agree or think I’m fucking retarded. Which I am. But that’s not the point.

There’s no real reason for why I started using sprites. I did indulge in Sprite Theater for a bit, but stopped after awhile because frankly, it’s too much trouble. I still indulge occasionally in the Media Forum, in Galloway’s threads, but other than that, I just use this one.

I generally don’t like Sprite theater at all, mainly because the theater nevewr adds anything to the discussion. maybe if they were used to accentuate opinions or facts, I’d like them more. But that never happens. And people are right: you can’t really ignore or block their posts. I know I’m always thinking, “What if this is the one time they actually add something helpful to the discussion?” And I’m always wrong.

Mostly, the reason I use sprites at all is… I like them. That’s it. I try to not use them too blatantly, because I’m neurotic about trying to make everyone like me, but I use them enough that they’re a staple for my posts now.

…That is, if I was actually around anymore. Jesus, it’s been, what, two months since my last post? Probably will stick around for a day or so, then bugger off again. Anyway, those’re my thoughts on the subject. Dunno if they added anything significant to the discussion. Hope so.

I’ve always been confused by the use of sprites in posts. I think it would be annoying to type in before every post. I was going to make a sprite for myself once, but then I realized this. Anyways, in conclusion, the butcher married Susanne just so he could get back with Francine. I get an A+, don’t I teacher?

I just copy and paste the url, actually. It’s so much easier.

Ditto. Not anymore, of course.

yea

It’s great when you have it Pre tagged too, The Battle stlye Gallery: http://photobucket.com/albums/v255/bignutter/battle/

But Since I’m now have some thing to do other than post here, such as be in education. I taken some time becouse I’m dislexic.

You do realise that You are complaing about somthing that is being sorted out.

BN
I’ve deciede to keep them both “Fin” an Sprite theater but not post every waking moment. Which I was doing and it annoyed everyone. Yeah I expected a low in post rates 6 week ago too.

Cait Sith’s megaman sprite in every post is pretty nifty

Ignoring is viable option for necroposting too.

ciat sith posts with sprites too…It is very annoying.sometimes