Sprites in posts

If you don’t like them, can’t you just not read them? Or ignore the person? I haven’t ever thought it was that big of a deal

No, I can’t. You see, to participate in a conversation you have to actually listen to what is said - therfore to participate in a thread you must read the posts. Sure, I can ignore them, but then it gets confusing when someone responds to something someone said using a sprite theater and then, seeing as how things get so derailed so quickly around here, the thread shifts into that direction.

Next, if I were to utilize the ignore function available on the boards, it would (and has) just aggrevates me into clicking to see what they said. The suspense just kills me.

So no, it is not that easy.

I came into this thread straight from the index thinking “Fuck yeah Sin finally decided to ban sprite theatre posts!”

Thread does not deliver. >:(

Yeah, I’d vote zero for this thread if I could.
No matter what, ignoring is never the best answer to something like this. It’s just too damn hard to do. It’s just too easy to be curious.

Maybe not for something like <i>this</i>, but some posters cough<!-- Dragonquester, Quina, Warsaw Pact… --> are safe to ignore.

This thread reminded me how I NEED to get adblock, because yes, sprite theaters are obscenely irritating.

Actually, I’ve found ignoring Nutter to be relatively easy since his posts without the sprite theaters are just as hard to read and understand that curiosity hasn’t got the best of me when it comes to his posts. I wasn’t able to ignore other people though because of curiosity.

Apperantly, I’m missing something here. What on earth is a sprite?

:open_mouth:

A sprite is…

:boring: :bowser: :fungah: :too bad: :kissy:
Well, you get the idea. A sprite is the 2d graphic for game characters and objects that are not part of the environment.

Charming.

A sprite is what you’ve got in your avatar and sig. But yeah.

that’s not all it’s limited too, actually.
A sprite can be any… how do I put this…

That’s pretty informative.
Guess you were right.

I used to have some posts with sprite theater in the past, but after reading about how much people got tired of them, I stop using them in posts and keep where they belong…my subsite.

And yes I understand that it gets annoying, especially in a serious topic where all of sudden you see a picture of a moogle jumping up and down while talking about abortion is a real turn off. The more annoying method with them was just posting in a random thread some with some characters talking in gibberish that only you think is funny, with the other posters having no fucking idea what you just said.

By the way, the only post I still do with sprite theaters is the birthday theards, but that just my tradition to use the Bundt birthday monster from Super Mario RPG at the end of the post. But beyond that, I don’t post with them anymore.

Sprite is a fucking soda.

Well, my opinion is that they aren’t annoying in the least bit. They’re even kind of fun to read sometimes, but if I didn’t like reading them I wouldn’t have any problem ignoring the person. I’m sorry you do

I really don’t notice the sprite theaters much. Only place I’ve seen it prominent is in the birthday thread, and I don’t see a problem with it being there. Cait and BN are the only one’s I’ve seen do it lately.

:hahaha;

You forgot “You goddamn geekass bastards.”

Poor Yar, he grew up but like a type cast actor he will always be remembered for smearing cake in a womens flower. =’(

People who do those sprite things are indeed annoying, and it only proves the point that no one likes them…

I don’t remember when I started using Flea at the end of my posts, but it seems very fitting (and often passive aggressive :P) so it has become a habbit I supose.

:kissy:

I usually ignore sprite posts like Big Nutter’s because they don’t add much to the conversation. Cait’s, on the other hand, add something with the first sprite; but more often than not, he’s just setting himself up for some kind of self-reply remark.

The only one that didn’t bother me was Valkyrie Esker’s, but only after I found out she was a he.