Sony is an artsy bastard

<a href=“http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/24/news_6116985.html”>PSP button doesn’t work right, Sony tells gamers to stfu, n00bs.</a>

Reminds me of Intel’s response to when the Pentium math bug was discovered.

Pentium math bug?

Damn that blows though the PSP was looking good too. Maybe they’ll fix it up in a later realese or something if we are lucky.

Way to go, Sony. Are we trying to set a world record for snottiness now?

Nintendo wins again! Take that DS-naysayers!

MYSTIC BREAK!

Oh shit. This is just too fucking funny.

“The button’s location is [architectured] on purpose,” Kutaragi added. “It’s according to specifications. This is something that we’ve created, and this is our specification. There was a clear purpose to it, and it wasn’t a mistake.”

Tell them it’s a feature, heh.

Nobody would criticize a renowned architect’s blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It’s the same as that.

First of all, they sure would if it affects the infrastructure of the house, and second, if you have ever even seen an architect work you would know that the clients don’t need any real reasons to criticize.

250 BUCKS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My favorite part of that is:

I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world.

I’m thinking of JJ’s quote in Spiderman 2, “Look, I don’t pay you to be a sensitive artiste!”

Nice. :thud:

It will still outsell the DS

And I am a nintendo fan

Fanbois. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sony better fix the button thing, because the psp already carries the stigma of a shorter battery lifespan than the DS. As for the comments by Kutaragi, I think he’s just trying to save face for a lazy design flaw. It wouldn’t kill them to move the square button, make it smaller, or a different shape. :noway:

Exactly :stuck_out_tongue:

It probably will still outsell the DS, but hopefully not by too much of a margin.

What was intel’s response?

And DAMN, I’m amazed at Sony’s :no2:

Let me respond to this in GameFAQsian:

<b>OLD’D/10

DS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PSP

DS PWNS j00!</b>

In other words, I was mentioning that I read this article quite a while ago, and expressing my loyalty to the DS over the PSP.

Anyway, the last quote is hilarious. If he thinks nobody would criticize a renowned architect if they put the gate in the wrong place, he’s fucking smoking crack. Just because you’re “renowned”, you can’t just engineer shit with obvious flaws and expect people to just accept them.

But my main problem with the PSP is that none of the games interest me. Not that I’m too thrilled with all the DS games, but at least it’s got Mario, FF3 and Castlevania.

This is just another reason why I don’t have any interest in the PSP or any handheld to be honest. I’m just not comfortable playing anything on such a small screen, it hurts my eyes no matter how good the graphics are.

Sony’s response is quite ironic. “This is how we designed it and you have to deal with it” huh? Well sorry to say Sony, but when nobody buys your PSP and you lose millions of dollars, you’ll have to deal with that too.

http://www.informationweek.com/509/06iuin.htm

It seems software patches to disable the use of the floating point unit that was the source of the bug.

I saw this a while ago and this, coupled with the bullshit price on the PSP, is the main reason I’m not buying a PSP. Besides, the only game for the PSP I’m interested in is MG Acid, but FF3 easily dwarfs that.

PSP? More like POS! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I R TEH CLEVERNESS!!

I know Yar already posted the quote “I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world”, but I’d like to add that I think the “beautiful thing” Kutaragi is referring to is the money he makes when he rips off millions of American gamers with the NA release of the P$P(just like the Japanese gamers he has ripped off). I for one will not be buying one, and this has been my stance on the P$P for months now

Well spoken. I agree with what you’re saying 100 percent. But as Trillian pointed out earlier, a design flaw won’t stop raving $ony fanboys/girls from buying this hunk of shit. Even though I’ve flamed $ony in many of my posts, I will buy a(used) 2nd generation PS2 because there are a lot of great games for it, despite the fact that GC and X-Box have better graphics and at least the GC is more durable. I will not purchase the slim PS2 or the PSP because both are pieces of shit.

I’d kind of like to get a DS but I’m afraid the teeny-tiny screen will destroy my eyes. -_-